BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (a) - 4/10/2023

Just now, BlueXIII said:

Off topic but the most surprising and hopeless thing about all this is the many comments from supposed fans on the Rovers FB groups. It's a nonstop love affair with Venkys and anger at anyone questioning them. How we are lucky to even be existing at all, how TM did miracles to keep us in the Championship, how we can't dream of anything more. And it's not just a handful saying this, it's masses.

Stockholm Syndrome at its worst.

Haha, TM who had millions to spend and decided we shouldn't play with a striker.

The problem will always be Venkys. They started the rot and it's gradually gotten worse. I've no doubt they'll take us down to L1 again.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

How was today performance and playing style suicide football? far from it. It was tight game decided by a ref not given a clear goal. 

Because we commit so many players forward when we attack ( none of whom seem to want to shoot) that once there is a loose pass   ( which we do on many occasions) we are caught out on the counter attack ( see Leicester game for exactly that scenario). We seem to lose all shape when we attack because we just throw bodies forward. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

On the way home after a depressing night. We played well for 20 minutes at the end of the first half but the rest was forgettable and the late goal entirely predictable 

Rovers fans few in number at the Ricoh and subdued most of the time. It’s going to be a long hard winter 

Bloody Hell, Jim. So it's all your fault. Every away game you go to, we lose. Please stop going.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Blow-in said:

What does £8m get you these days 🙂 

Sorry this is so apparently late; I'm only just feeling strong enough to read the Board.

Just wanted to offer two possible answers to @Blow-in 's rhetorical question:

i) Not very much; ii) But more than our owners are, apparently prepared to invest.

Just now, roversinmyblood said:

Because we commit so many players forward when we attack ( none of whom seem to want to shoot) that once there is a loose pass   ( which we do on many occasions) we are caught out on the counter attack ( see Leicester game for exactly that scenario). We seem to lose all shape when we attack because we just throw bodies forward. 

We were a lot less cavalier tonight.

• Like 3

Absolutely nobody looks like scoring except for Szmodics and even he is having to double up as a creator of chances. No threat at when there's a loose ball in the box. No threat at all from corners and free kicks. Not much good at taking pens either in recent times. It smells strongly of a relegation season. Won't be coming back this time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Under what circumstance so you reckon he would have put Ennis on?

In which case, why isn’t someone like Gilsenan on the bench?

I don’t think he was coming on unless maybe we were a couple up for the last five. There are others better-placed than me to know if this is the case, but travelling, rooming with someone, going to the pre-match meeting, warming up, being in the dressing room, half time keep-warm and post-match warm down for a player who is definitely still integrating, is probably all really important to getting him back on the pitch, especially because it’s been so stop-start for him.

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes

I don't think you're wrong tonight necessarily, but I wish I had your blue and white tinted glasses! Everything is always great and everyone should always be happy. You were happy under TM and are happy now.

I genuinely wish I could feel the same way tbh, I'd be a lot happier.

3 minutes ago, R0verb0y said:

Sorry this is so apparently late; I'm only just feeling strong enough to read the Board.

i) Not very much; ii) But more than our owners are, apparently prepared to invest.

They are putting in a fair bit more than that every year.

15 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

I don’t think he was coming on unless maybe we were a couple up for the last five. There are others better-placed than me to know if this is the case, but travelling, rooming with someone, going to the pre-match meeting, warming up, being in the dressing room, half time keep-warm and post-match warm down for a player who is definitely still integrating, is probably all really important to getting him back on the pitch, especially because it’s been so stop-start for him.

That’s mad. If we are a couple up he should be sat relaxed with his feet up.
He could do most of your points without actually being named as a substitute. It’s just a waste of a space on the bench if you aren’t going to toss him on for 5 mins when behind.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, R0verb0y said:

Cov sold £20m+ worth of players this summer, they could afford to buy two strikers for £15m or whatever it was. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hasta said:

That’s just bonkers then. If we are a couple up he should be sat relaxed with his feet up. He could do most of the above without actually being names as a substitute. It’s just a waste of a space on the bench.

I don’t think you’re wrong, but I also don’t think Gilsenan gets on the pitch either. He could’ve been the 19th man (either of them), I’m just grasping for a bit of meaning in the circumstances. To be fair, if JDT has told them to get it launched into the box, Telalovic is a bigger aerial threat, so it may be as simple as that.

Edited by Bethnal

1 minute ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Cov sold £20m+ worth of players this summer, they could afford to buy two strikers for £15m or whatever it was. 

Our assets just walk out of the door for nothing. Maybe sack the person who has overseen that happen over the last few years.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 6

Of the new signings tonight:

• Leo - thought he looked calm and composed.  Made one cracking save with a touch on to the bar.  Just hope he's going to catch a bit more rather than an inclination to punch.  Based on tonight, looks a better prospect than Pears
  • Hill - good performance.  Gave us a bit more solidarity.  Pity he's not ours.
  • Moran - we know the lad's got a bit of quality, again, pity he's not ours
  • Tronstad - a bit better than previous showings.  Jury still out.
  • Siggy - we know he can play a bit but really should have squared that great opportunity and result could have been so different.  Poor decision making there.
  • Telalovic - might set Chorley alight, enough said. 
  • Like 6

14 minutes ago, BlueXIII said:

Off topic but the most surprising and hopeless thing about all this is the many comments from supposed fans on the Rovers FB groups. It's a nonstop love affair with Venkys and anger at anyone questioning them. How we are lucky to even be existing at all, how TM did miracles to keep us in the Championship, how we can't dream of anything more. And it's not just a handful saying this, it's masses.

Stockholm Syndrome at its worst.

When people say we have shit fans, they're right.

You cannot be pro venkys and a Blackburn Rovers fan.

Once again, guilt edged chances missed, no luck and can’t keep a clean sheet. When you see Dolan and Markandy on the team sheet, you really do worry where the goals will come from. Hopefully, Ennis might improve things should he ever be deemed fit to play a competitive game but looks like we are in for a long and tough season. 

Frankly staggered that the EFL appointed the referee to the match after his horrendous error, against the same opposition at Ewood last season. A decision that took our play off place and handed it to Coventry, absolutely stinks.

• Like 1