BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (a) - 4/10/2023

20 minutes ago, ruggles1995 said:

we pass, and we pass, and pass, and we almost gift a goal away, and we pass, and we pass and pass, and we almost gift a goal away, we pass and we pass and we pass and we almost cross the ball BUT we pass, and we pass and we pass, and we almost gift a goal, and we pass and we pass and we almost cross the ball but we pass it out of play. then we pass then we pass, then we give the ball away and we concede. And we pass and we pass............................

we are so damn predictable it hurts. No teams need to do anything special. We literally only play the width of the 18 yard box, we only play through the lines, we have to go through the middle of there back line to try and score. We refuse to cross, we refuse to go long, we pass as if keep ball wins games, it bloomin hurts. Yes it looks good, yes we can keep the ball well, but you have an end goal = SCORE A GOAL! its like we will only shoot or put the ball in the box unless weve made some sort of sexy pass and move to get in the box. The last few mins in stoppage time i think we put 2 crosses in and itcaused chaos. Even with 30 seconds left in stoppage time we just passed the ball around the centre circle. 

sometimes just mix the blooming game plan up! the one goal kick that went long in the 2nd half hill won the header we got in the box had a shot blocked and won a corner. ONCE! just ONCE.  

JDT alll i ask for is to mix the game plan up to stop making us predictable. Use the width of the pitch thanks not just the width of the 18, there's a whole lot of grass out there. 

rant done,
Miserable Fan

One of the first coaches I ever had said this - “ When we have the ball we make the pitch as big as possible, when they have the ball we make the pitch as small as possible”.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, tugayislegend said:

Noticed Coventry taking quite a few shots from outside the box and their goal resulted from reboundvof crossbar. Contrast that with us trying to pass our way into goals!

Apart from the Hill effort can anybody remember any shots from outside the area?

It’s as though we’ve been told we can only score goals from inside the penalty area, sometimes even from inside the six yard box.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

Morning after another defeat on the road.

Rovers play some great football at times, it really is quality stuff HOWEVER, tippy tappy passing around the box and area doesnt bring goals, they appear too frightened to pull the trigger and that really does annoy me.

Last night Dolan had a good game, Coventry were frightened stiff but instead of taking players on he backs off, twirls like a fairy then passes backwards! So so frustrating.

With Hill in the team we are more compact however JRC in the middle did little to offer protection or anything going forward, in fact I was surprised he lasted the first half.

The taking of chances is becoming embarrassing and costly. Like many games before, we fail to capitalise and then get done on a sucker punch.

The ref? even worse than the VAR fuck ups we are seeing every weekend, referees are so poor across the leagues and its time they are brought to account for their failures. Last night the ref was right in view of the Rovers goal which he gave. He then spoke to his linesperson a fair distance away and who didnt flag and then decided to award a free kick. I cannot fathom how he came to that decision. 

He shouldnt have been reffing in the first place after his poor performance at Ewood last season in the same game.

JDT clearly is hamstrung by the inept SW and senior management team. He is to be admired for sticking around after lie after lie by the non existent owners and the utter diabolical manner in which they continue to defile our once great club. 

I watched a rerun of whats happened to Blackburn Rovers this morning, its truly heart breaking and it is all at the hands of Venkys.

• Like 9

56 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

But this wasn't the case in this game, you are using past examples in games. Last night we didn't over attacking and leaving less defensive gaps. We didn't lose any shape last night

Where did I say I was happy? who is ever happy losing? I take objective and perspective viewpoint of the game. Yes I am happy with JDT and how he wants our team to play.  

JDT has to agree to any transfers coming in or out. GB doesn't overruled him otherwise the DoF/Head coach structure doesn't work. JDT met with Ennis before we signed him

excellent summary there

well Newcastle fans aren't bothered, Their owners are investing in the club on and off the field. I wouldn't be bothered either. 

Have you no shame? No self awareness? No sympathy for the thousands killed by that shit country?

Disgusting.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

But this wasn't the case in this game, you are using past examples in games. Last night we didn't over attacking and leaving less defensive gaps. We didn't lose any shape last night

Where did I say I was happy? who is ever happy losing? I take objective and perspective viewpoint of the game. Yes I am happy with JDT and how he wants our team to play.  

JDT has to agree to any transfers coming in or out. GB doesn't overruled him otherwise the DoF/Head coach structure doesn't work. JDT met with Ennis before we signed him

excellent summary there

well Newcastle fans aren't bothered, Their owners are investing in the club on and off the field. I wouldn't be bothered either. 

I do draw the line myself sometimes, hence me saying what I have about how would I feel if I was a Newcastle fan.

It doesn't feel right to me, being funded, by a regime as bad as their owners, but if it was Rovers, I would find it hard to turn my back on a club, I have supported for over 50 years. I would definitely be bothered though, as there are limits on the integrity of certain practices. 

Edited by lraC
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

The 50k in the stadium last night didn't seem bothered

I agree and I have to say when I saw then celebrating, I could not help myself wondering if it felt right to them or not, or if the are all turning a blind eye.

Given who they were playing though, I guess it could have been labelled the blood thirst derby.

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Should have brought him back years ago and given him backing and he'd have got this club up.

He'll do nothing now though with what is available here the best guy for that job is already in the job but he needs at least the backing the midtable maestro got.

I’m not advocating that JDT should be removed, and he is largely not responsible for our current predicament.

However, is he the best man for a likely relegation fight?
Probably not.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, martonrover said:

I’m not advocating that JDT should be removed, and he is largely not responsible for our current predicament.

However, is he the best man for a likely relegation fight?
Probably not.

I suspect we'll be finding that out unless we get our act together sharpish.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Tbf you sounded happy, but I mean generally. Never really seen you disappointed with the manager, staff, board, recruitment, players - aside from the BBE closure. I remember you were TM's biggest defender (until they got rid, at which stage it was suddenly the right thing to do). Better than being a moany git like me. 

It isn't a criticism, I wish I was the same! 

I'm also happy with JDT overall, albeit with some concerns over recent performances. I thought last night was a step back in the right direction and I feel it's more sustainable than the kamikaze football we've seen lately. 

1 hour ago, ruggles1995 said:

we pass, and we pass, and pass, and we almost gift a goal away, and we pass, and we pass and pass, and we almost gift a goal away, we pass and we pass and we pass and we almost cross the ball BUT we pass, and we pass and we pass, and we almost gift a goal, and we pass and we pass and we almost cross the ball but we pass it out of play. then we pass then we pass, then we give the ball away and we concede. And we pass and we pass............................

we are so damn predictable it hurts. No teams need to do anything special. We literally only play the width of the 18 yard box, we only play through the lines, we have to go through the middle of there back line to try and score. We refuse to cross, we refuse to go long, we pass as if keep ball wins games, it bloomin hurts. Yes it looks good, yes we can keep the ball well, but you have an end goal = SCORE A GOAL! its like we will only shoot or put the ball in the box unless weve made some sort of sexy pass and move to get in the box. The last few mins in stoppage time i think we put 2 crosses in and itcaused chaos. Even with 30 seconds left in stoppage time we just passed the ball around the centre circle. 

sometimes just mix the blooming game plan up! the one goal kick that went long in the 2nd half hill won the header we got in the box had a shot blocked and won a corner. ONCE! just ONCE.  

JDT alll i ask for is to mix the game plan up to stop making us predictable. Use the width of the pitch thanks not just the width of the 18, there's a whole lot of grass out there. 

rant done,
Miserable Fan

Absolutely spot on! Mix the game up! Garrets goal against Cardiff came from a long ball

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Have you no shame? No self awareness? No sympathy for the thousands killed by that shit country?

Disgusting.

I think the message is loud and clear - 'as long as I'm not the one being persecuted or murdered by a villainous regime, I am happy for others to suffer that very fate and for me/my football team to reap the rewards'.

I do find 'their owners are investing in and off the field' an absolute eye opening (and symptomatic of modern football) reply to concerns about murder and oppression. It's like turning a blind eye to Fred West's murderous rampage because he helps out with your weekly shop. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, smiller14 said:

I think the message is loud and clear - 'as long as I'm not the one being persecuted or murdered by a villainous regime, I am happy for others to suffer that very fate and for me/my football team to reap the rewards'.

I do find 'their owners are investing in and off the field' an absolute eye opening (and symptomatic of modern football) reply to concerns about murder and oppression. It's like turning a blind eye to Fred West's murderous rampage because he helps out with your weekly shop. 

It does beggar belief really that the powers that be allow it.

Maybe with hindsight at play, should Chelsea have been allowed to benefit from what now appears to be laundered Russian funds.

Surely a line has to be drawn somewhere.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, metalrover said:

Sparky just got sacked by L2 Bradford. His managerial career seemed to have gone downhill all the way after his big chance at City.

It has.

Think he's very much yesterday's man.

Wouldn't want him back despite the super job he did for us.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

We seem to be sleepwalking towards relegation without so muxh as a whimper and it is desperately sad. A situation years in the making initially set in motion by poor long term planning and recruitment from Waggott and Mowbray. I can't see any hope for us whatsoever unless we were to have a stellar January window and what's the likelihood of that with Greg the Egg in charge? For me we don't have any real quality anywhere on the pitch unless Adam Wharton is on song and of course despite the goals conceded  the main problem imo is still the total  absence of quality up front which has been highlighted time and again over the last 2 and a half years yet nothing was ever done.

Our DOF brought in two strikers this summer and our manager doesn't trust either of them enough to start up front in preference to an attacking midfielder. Sort of highlights how much even more of a basket case the Club has become if it wasn't before

A source of blame again missed...

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

We simply have to get rid of Venky's. The problem is too many fans are too thick to realise it.

Well, I reached that conclusion a long time ago.

But there is a leadership job required to engage the majority of remaining fans, as well as some real creativity in what action might have any impact on the silent, toxic ownership.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Well, I reached that conclusion a long time ago.

But there is a leadership job required to engage the majority of remaining fans, as well as some real creativity in what action might have any impact on the silent, toxic ownership.

I hope it doesn’t happen, but a sustained run of poor form will turn the atmosphere in the ground, and the ire will not be directed at the Head Coach.