BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (a) - 4/10/2023

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

Just in case anyone is interested my mum has cancer. 3 weeks after losing my dad

Very sorry to hear that. That’s so unfair on your family after the recent loss of your Father. Hope it is treatable for her. Thoughts again with you and your family.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Prayers and thoughts with you and your Mum. Stay strong, look after her and keep faith that there will be a positive outcome with your Mum beating it and returning to good health.

Thanks Penwortham.  I'll try my best. Hoping for a good outcome 

41 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Thanks polky. Means alot 

So sorry mate. You really are going through the wringer right now after just losing your father. 

Like others have said, cancer is more treatable these days. Stay positive mate if you can. 

All the luck in the world to your mum. 

Sincerely...... Steve. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

So sorry mate. You really are going through the wringer right now after just losing your father. 

Like others have said, cancer is more treatable these days. Stay positive mate if you can. 

All the luck in the world to your mum. 

Sincerely...... Steve. 

Thanks Steve. Hope so.  Means alot

5 hours ago, roverandout said:

Just in case anyone is interested my mum has cancer. 3 weeks after losing my dad

Horrible news that and I hope you and your family can rally round her give her the support she needs and you support her to a full recovery.

Its a terrible illness, all the best, I’m sure we are all wishing you all the best on here.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Seems a strange time to say that we dont get results without Rankin Costello when he started yesterday and we lost. And he has played many of the last 20 or 21 games of which we have won 5.

He is a good player although the problem at the moment is where to play him. Brittain should play right back where he isnt forced to come inside. Maybe worth a shot wide right.

I was thinking the same. Brittain needs to rb, we all saw what JRC was capable of at the back end of last season. The game away at QPR springs to mind funnily as we play them next. I’d try JRC on the right of the three behind the strikers. He has a bit of skill and bite about him, he could beat a man , can create chances aswell as being reliable for defensive duties. He started his career in that position, I think it’s time he got a chance to show what he can do further up the pitch. Might aswell try something different seeing as where not blessed with many other options 

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I was thinking the same. Brittain needs to rb, we all saw what JRC was capable of at the back end of last season. The game away at QPR springs to mind funnily as we play them next. I’d try JRC on the right of the three behind the strikers. He has a bit of skill and bite about him, he could beat a man , can create chances aswell as being reliable for defensive duties. He started his career in that position, I think it’s time he got a chance to show what he can do further up the pitch. Might aswell try something different seeing as where not blessed with many other options 

I was very close to suggesting that, Rankin Costello in front of Brittain. It was just that I wanted to keep Moran and Szmodics and bring in Sigurdsson.

Ennis will not be deemed fit enough to start and Szmodics is never a striker whilst Telalovic is obviously not the answer so maybe we could go with Sigurdsson as the striker who looks quite strong and then Moran left, Rankin Costello right and Szmodics in behind.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lraC said:

Horrible news that and I hope you and your family can rally round her give her the support she needs and you support her to a full recovery.

Its a terrible illness, all the best, I’m sure we are all wishing you all the best on here.

Thanks ira.  I'll be praying she recovers

• Like 1

Watched the game, looked to be in control most part.  Thought Dolan was way better than some are saying, his best game in a while.  We play well but defend poorly and can't score.  Dies not matter how pretty the football is between the boxes if you can't play in the box by scoring and defending you are not going to win footy matches. Hilll clearly has some quality, Tronstadt looked better than he has.  We lose again against QPR you know.

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I was very close to suggesting that, Rankin Costello in front of Brittain. It was just that I wanted to keep Moran and Szmodics and bring in Sigurdsson.

Ennis will not be deemed fit enough to start and Szmodics is never a striker whilst Telalovic is obviously not the answer so maybe we could go with Sigurdsson as the striker who looks quite strong and then Moran left, Rankin Costello right and Szmodics in behind.

Sounds good to me

• Like 1

21 hours ago, roverandout said:

Stay strong mate, in my (very) recent experiences with the NHS as a cancer patient, they are extremely good.  Support staff, nurses, doctors and consultants.

There are some really good treatments available now.

Macmillan Cancer charity are amazing too 💯 check out their on line stuff, tremendously helpful and informative.

Best wishes, cancer doesn't just effect the patient. Think positive 👍

• Like 2

22 hours ago, roverandout said:

How awful. Sorry to hear that, you've been dealt a bad hand recently. I hope things turn around for you and your family and your Mum gets well soon.

• Like 1