BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (a) - 4/10/2023

2 minutes ago, martonrover said:

I hope it doesn’t happen, but a sustained run of poor form will turn the atmosphere in the ground, and the ire will not be directed at the Head Coach.

Agreed.....but the owners are thousands of miles away and seemingly impervious.

For what it is worth, I think we have to hit them/their reputation at home in India...

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I think it will. The Head Coach is the easy target.

Exactly, most fans have little idea of what goes on with ‘boards’ and owners, ergo poor results = manager’s fault, especially as JDT has never been as popular at Ewood as Saint Tony of Teflon.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5

There are only two real scenarios.

Venkys just abandon the club and hand it to over to a receiver/administrative company.

A buyer emerges, venkys accept the offer and take their debt with them.

They wont be arsed about a fan revolt neither will SW, and on that basis, is it an option for the home support to vent their spleen rather than get behind the team? I dont think it would even cause a ripple of interest from anyone other than creating more discontent amongst the home fans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, martonrover said:

The trouble is, if JDT decides to leave (or in the unlikely event of his sacking) we wouldn’t bring in the right type of manager, ie a troubleshooter, such as Warnock.

We probably couldn't afford any kind of manager so chances are someone would get promoted the head coach or they'd bring in some ex footballer off the scrapheap on a week to week contract.

• Like 2

I’d be delighted if the Saudis would have taken over here and done for us what they have done for Newcastle. The whole world is filled with injustice and corruption in almost every aspect of life . You don’t become a billionaire by being legit. It doesn’t and won’t change anything so may aswell win a champions league and enjoy the bragging rights. At least we can all be moral I suppose and just have owners who send death threats and beat people and not actually murder. So I guess championship football is miles better and we can all be morally superior. 

My point is the vast majority will be dodgy scumbags in some way or another . The regime in Saudi won’t change so why should a bloke whose been a Newcastle fan all his life not enjoy the success and wonderful football guilt free

• Like 1

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

Legit saw some people on Instagram last night claiming ‘those of us that thought we should have kept Mowbray are being proven right’. Even though JDT in one season finished higher than Mowbray ever did. Nowt as queer as folk, eh?

It's silly talk, some people never got over him leaving.

On the whole, I'd say most Rovers fans were happy to see him go and are much more patient with JDT than they were with TM (with good reason), but that might be my own echo chamber at play. 

• Like 1

On here maybe, but match going fans much more patient with JDT? No chance. He’s had far more grumbles at Ewood already than TM had in five years.

Never known a manager get such an easy ride from fans like what Teflon Tony had, well, apart from maybe King Kenny… and he might just have earned such treatment a little more than Tony bloody Mowbray.

Edited by Mattyblue

4 hours ago, lraC said:

I do draw the line myself sometimes, hence me saying what I have about how would I feel if I was a Newcastle fan.

It doesn't feel right to me, being funded, by a regime as bad as their owners, but if it was Rovers, I would find it hard to turn my back on a club, I have supported for over 50 years. I would definitely be bothered though, as there are limits on the integrity of certain practices. 

PL sought the reassurances that other clubs and them wanted from the Newcastle owners and they were very happy with it. Plus they have invested on the club with own money not bank loans like the Galzers at United. Would you not have a problem with that type of ownership? 

I look at Newcastle fans and how happy they were being in Champion League and beating PSG. 

4 hours ago, smiller14 said:

Tbf you sounded happy, but I mean generally. Never really seen you disappointed with the manager, staff, board, recruitment, players - aside from the BBE closure. I remember you were TM's biggest defender (until they got rid, at which stage it was suddenly the right thing to do). Better than being a moany git like me. 

It isn't a criticism, I wish I was the same! 

I'm also happy with JDT overall, albeit with some concerns over recent performances. I thought last night was a step back in the right direction and I feel it's more sustainable than the kamikaze football we've seen lately. 

I always look at things from a half full glass approach or PMA to everything. Don't get angry or mad at anything. what's the points? 

I said on here that I wanted Mowbray sacked in the Covid season after the Barnsley away game in February. 

I would like a more proactive and forward thinking CEO running the club and attracting more fans to games.  Waggott should have map out a different financial plan for Rovers than cutting the budget by saying lets back JDT and reinvested all funds and lets try to get to the PL this coming season. Knowing that you got assets to sell to cover those potential losses that might happen if we didn't promote 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

PL sought the reassurances that other clubs and them wanted from the Newcastle owners and they were very happy with it. Plus they have invested on the club with own money not bank loans like the Galzers at United. Would you not have a problem with that type of ownership? 

I look at Newcastle fans and how happy they were being in Champion League and beating PSG. 

I always look at things from a half full glass approach or PMA to everything. Don't get angry or mad at anything. what's the points? 

I said on here that I wanted Mowbray sacked in the Covid season after the Barnsley away game in February. 

I would like a more proactive and forward thinking CEO running the club and attracting more fans to games.  Waggott should have map out a different financial plan for Rovers than cutting the budget by saying lets back JDT and reinvested all funds and lets try to get to the PL this coming season. Knowing that you got assets to sell to cover those potential losses that might happen if we didn't promote 

On the Newcastle point - yes they might be good owners in football terms, but some people would have a moral objection to it due to their extra-judicial murder of civilians, including journalists. I personally *would* have a problem with that type of ownership, as I'd very much struggle for my club's success to be paid for by the blood of innocents. You might not do, and that's fine. I'd be intrigued to know at which stage owners would be considered unacceptable. It appears a country that performs executions and murders dissidents is absolutely fine, so I suppose the bar must be pretty high in that regard. 

In a slightly different vein, I'd feel the same about criminals like Lee Hughes and deviants like Mason Greenwood representing the club. At different points they may have contributed on the pitch and made us better, but I'd sooner have a cleaner conscience, even if it means we win less games (and yes, I know I'm naïve holding up footballers as bastions of morality). I also wouldn't want us to sign a neo-Nazi or racist, even if in football terms they'd likely do well. 

I'd struggle to stop supporting Rovers and would likely still do so, but it would certainly feel dirty and I'd struggle morally with it. 

The Premier League also happily let Venky's take over and they were even more useless back in those days, so I'd take that with a pinch of salt. They clearly have the money - they're bankrolled by the Saudi state! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smiller14 said:

On the Newcastle point - yes they might be good owners in football terms, but some people would have a moral objection to it due to their extra-judicial murder of civilians, including journalists. I personally *would* have a problem with that type of ownership, as I'd very much struggle for my club's success to be paid for by the blood of innocents. You might not do, and that's fine. I'd be intrigued to know at which stage owners would be considered unacceptable. It appears a country that performs executions and murders dissidents is absolutely fine, so I suppose the bar must be pretty high in that regard. 

I am looking from a Footballing point of view only. 

5 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Legit saw some people on Instagram last night claiming ‘those of us that thought we should have kept Mowbray are being proven right’. Even though JDT in one season finished higher than Mowbray ever did. Nowt as queer as folk, eh?

Mmmm, there's many an argument there.

One thing is for sure, Mowbray's name always gets raised during a bad spell, from both sides of the argument.