BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea (h) - 28/10/23

4 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I disagree. He's protecting the players. 

You'll only b able to judge that side of a manager when we have a real bad patch and there is a modicum of deep questioning and pressure.

Games like today he doesn't really need to protect the players they were poor but we all know it was probably just an off day. 

Better to just admit so and leave it at that.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

You'll only b able to judge that side of a manager when we have a real bad patch and there is a modicum of deep questioning and pressure.

We are in the middle of a bad patch, it is just that we have had some luck with results.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I thought you'd mentioned a few times you didn't buy a season ticket?

Correct I haven't got a season ticket, but that does not stop  me from going to games, and my old season ticket seat seems to be always available. By the way around me today on the Blackburn end, there where many empty seat, that are held by season ticket holders.

The reason I didn't renew my season ticket, well actually there are two. One I cannot make night matches, Two the price in my opinion was too much.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rigger said:

We are in the middle of a bad patch, it is just that we have had some luck with results.

I wouldn't say so really as we tend to dig out results when we aren't looking that good and lose games when we dominate possession etc.

I think recently we just are what we are, bang average this season.

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I wouldn't say so really as we tend to dig out results when we aren't looking that good and lose games when we dominate possession etc.

I think recently we just are what we are, bang average this season.

Did you watch todays game ? We where shit in every department.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rigger said:

Did you watch todays game ? We where shit in every department.

Yeah bad day all around, wrong tempo, outdone tactically and subs weren't great so everyone culpable today, it happens.

We have won games being equally poor this season though and lost several times whilst being miles better.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Yeah bad day all around, wrong tempo, outdone tactically and subs weren't great so everyone culpable today, it happens.

We have won games being equally poor this season though and lost several times whilst being miles better.

That doesn't make it right, more importantly that doesn't make a successful team.

• Like 1

The utter futility of it all.

We’ll bounce around mid-table, (at best), and are more likely to see the squad further weakened, rather than strengthened, in January.

Meanwhile , the “geopolitical issues”, as Mr La - Dee - Dah Gunner Broughton dubs them, are eating away at the foundations of the club.

Oh, and let’s not forget shameless, grubby second hand car salesmen, Waggott, is still at the wheel.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

How can you be in "no doubt" that Sigurdsson will come good?

Well, I suppose he could break his leg, so it's possible it could all go wrong. But he's played at such a high level compared to Championship, that, as I say, I've no doubt he will come good. I think the lay off has probably caught up with him a bit. 

You obviously have doubts?? 

10 minutes ago, M_B said:

Well, I suppose he could break his leg, so it's possible it could all go wrong. But he's played at such a high level compared to Championship, that, as I say, I've no doubt he will come good. I think the lay off has probably caught up with him a bit. 

I just think its impossible to have no doubts.

He played in Italy and could barely get a game. He played in Sweden which is far from better. He played in Russia, again, probably a lesser standard. So far, his general performance has been poor aside from signs of an ability to sniff out goals which obviously is a good skill. Hes not quick, doesnt appear skilful, and often gets subbed early, but equally is likely still not fully fit. So cant be sure of anything.

Fortunately we play against properly run clubs who produce extended highlights easily accessed for free by all and soon after a game.

Meanwhile our shitbag owners and board could not organise a fuck in a b k k whorehouse.

Ok we lost but it's a service non the less

I thought it was SW who got rinsed for one of their disallowed goals but it was Carter. Also the goal they scored, it wasn't that much of a rocket shot and our keeper misjudged its trajectory.

If nothing else you can listen to the warblings of a Welsh tit.

https://www.swanseacity.com/video/player/0_2j3ahgda

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, lraC said:

I think I saw him holding his ribs. Possibly picked up a knock there.

That's what it looked like in JW.  He pulled up holding his side after he blazes over half way through second half.  

He had a poor game and was clearly struggling - why he wasn't subbed for Ennis was completely baffling. Poor by JDT.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

That's what it looked like in JW.  He pulled up holding his side after he blazes over half way through second half.  

He had a poor game and was clearly struggling - why he wasn't subbed for Ennis was completely baffling. Poor by JDT.

If you are in so much pain that you have to show it, then the player should tell the bench that he should come off. Or was it just to give an excuse for a poor  game ? He only seemed to hold his ribs when he did something bad.

11 hours ago, yankfan said:

Agree on Leonard. His movement and strength for a 19 year old #9 is well beyond his years. The fist chance should have been finished, the header he won over a center defender, was a difficult goal to score. He won it, got good pace on it but hit it right a the keeper…you see that from stokers ever weekend that are worth millions of pounds. Only the elite routinely put those away. 

I think he should have scored both. He is going to be good striker for him and working under JDT has improved him in the last 18 months. 

11 hours ago, rigger said:

There wasn't a single player who deserves the title Man of the Match

don't vote then

8 hours ago, M_B said:

I agree on Sigurdsson. He is working on his match fitness and getting used to playing championship football

1 hour ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

He was holding his rib but he was still working hard and trying to make things happen. Can Ennis play that Szmodics role? 

9 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I just think its impossible to have no doubts.

He played in Italy and could barely get a game. He played in Sweden which is far from better. He played in Russia, again, probably a lesser standard. So far, his general performance has been poor aside from signs of an ability to sniff out goals which obviously is a good skill. Hes not quick, doesnt appear skilful, and often gets subbed early, but equally is likely still not fully fit. So cant be sure of anything.

Twice in the first half, a ball was played to Siggy and on both occasions, rather than positioning his body in the path of the ball, he just stuck out a leg and did not control the ball. I could not see properly from my seat whether both were poor passes or both were poor control, but neither looked convincing, and Swansea gained a throw-in on both occasions.  

Edited by rigger

22 hours ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Normal pattern for Rovers suggests a reverse this afternoon. I hope I am wrong.

Nasty thieving dishonest pseudo ceo OUT!

VENKY VENKY VENKYS - OUT OUT OUT!

Hmm, I called this one correctly (for a change). Just a nagging feeling I had in the run up. If we'd had less diligent officials, it might have been an embarrassing scoreline, rather than an uncomfortable one.

From what I saw, we were fairly comfortable up to the point they started popping the ball in the net, albeit from offside play. Once we'd been breached it felt like the confidence went out of the team, we stopped zipping the ball around and began chasing the game. We've seen far too many times in the past season and a bit that when we lose it, we lose it completely. So fair play to the lads for keeping the score down to one nil.

As everyone else has said, every time we take to the field of play these days, it looks like we've forgotten to play a striker. Young Harry had a couple of chances to bury, but didn't have his shooting boots on and headed straight at the keeper instead of down or to the side. JRC should have run on to and made sure with that early chance, rather than hoping that Brittain's shot would bobble in by itself. Siggy looks a bit at odds with himself at the moment - someone said they weren't surprised that an Icelander found the damp and dreary conditions at Ewood a problem - have you ever seen the weather in Iceland?? - Ewood yesterday was positively tropical in comparison 😉

All in all a poor return, and not great preparation for Wednesday, when a battered and bruised Chelsea team might look to rebuild their own confidence at our expense. Que sera, I suppose.

We do need to get something from home games, so the sooner we see how the team works with a recognised 'striker' leading the line the better. Come back Gally, the great seasonal saviour with threepenny-bit headers and teflon boots in front of goal.... it is going to be an interesting ride!

COYB

6 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

All in all a poor return, and not great preparation for Wednesday, when a battered and bruised Chelsea team might look to rebuild their own confidence at our expense. Que sera, I suppose.

Yeah, not a good time to play them.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Hmm, I called this one correctly (for a change). Just a nagging feeling I had in the run up. If we'd had less diligent officials, it might have been an embarrassing scoreline, rather than an uncomfortable one.

From what I saw, we were fairly comfortable up to the point they started popping the ball in the net, albeit from offside play. Once we'd been breached it felt like the confidence went out of the team, we stopped zipping the ball around and began chasing the game. We've seen far too many times in the past season and a bit that when we lose it, we lose it completely. So fair play to the lads for keeping the score down to one nil.

As everyone else has said, every time we take to the field of play these days, it looks like we've forgotten to play a striker. Young Harry had a couple of chances to bury, but didn't have his shooting boots on and headed straight at the keeper instead of down or to the side. JRC should have run on to and made sure with that early chance, rather than hoping that Brittain's shot would bobble in by itself. Siggy looks a bit at odds with himself at the moment - someone said they weren't surprised that an Icelander found the damp and dreary conditions at Ewood a problem - have you ever seen the weather in Iceland?? - Ewood yesterday was positively tropical in comparison 😉

We do need to get something from home games, so the sooner we see how the team works with a recognised 'striker' leading the line the better. Come back Gally, the great seasonal saviour with threepenny-bit headers and teflon boots in front of goal.... it is going to be an interesting ride!

COYB

Gallys return will be like the second coming.

17 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Do you still think this Rovers team is strong after today's pathetic, ineffectual performance - and not for the first time this season? This is a poorish team with so many glaring weaknesses and today confirmed my belief we will end the season nearer the bottom of the table than the top.

I knew you'd do this, so very predictable!!

I'm sure you & others will spit out your cornflakes at this next bit, but imo if Gallagher had played yesterday we win that game.

Anyway I didn't say "strong", I said "quite decent" & definitely missing a goalscorer. I stand by that, as we ought to have had a couple of goals inside the first 15 mins and got at least one in the 2nd half. 

It wasn't a great performance overall I grant you. SS & Siggy (again) were off the pace, Carter seemed less confident without Hyam,and we struggled to cope with their no 10 throughout. But we had 4 clear chances yesterday, all easier to convert than their goal was (which tbf was quality, I was right behind the shot & it was perfectly placed after a good buildup.) I'm surprised JDT brought on Leonard not Ennis, would've interested to know the thinking behind that.

Overall though, it was an off day. It happens. It's what most teams in this league do, lack consistency, not surprising given the lack or resources JDT has available.  Look at Boro yesterday, losing 0-2 to Stoke after a good run of form, Cardiff winning comfortably after we've beaten them twice in a month.  Hell, Leicester were reliant on a late 25 yarder from Winks to win at QPR, who we tubbed 0-4!!

By the way, are you my dad?!? He said as we came off that he'd never seen anything as bad as that.  I laughed at such a overreaction to a bad day at the office & had one word (of many it could've been) in reply - Trelleborgs!!

Edited by Atko's Engine
  • Like 1