BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea (h) - 28/10/23

50 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think he should have scored both. He is going to be good striker for him and working under JDT has improved him in the last 18 months. 

don't vote then

I agree on Sigurdsson. He is working on his match fitness and getting used to playing championship football

He was holding his rib but he was still working hard and trying to make things happen. Can Ennis play that Szmodics role? 

Can Ennis play ?

Anyone else notice Sammy kept feeling his groin yesterday, and was grimacing a lot after making runs? I know he always seems to have his hands down his kecks, but it seemed to me he was particularly uncomfortable for much of the game yesterday. He is not one to give up and seek the comfort of the bench unnecessarily, but is it wise to push him to the edge if he is carrying a deep seated problem? We need a fully fit, committed Sammy Szmodics to maintain our overall confidence and balance, so I'm somewhat concerned he appears to be struggling at the moment.

9 minutes ago, johnradfordsubbuteo said:

anybody else think Hill (who is classy) looked out on his feet for the last 20 or so?

Maybe due to greater exertion needed at FB than CB? Especially 3 games in a week there I suppose.

Hill was getting up and down the wing a lot in the second half, that is exhausting.

If players are struggling with fitness and injuries the manager and his team should deal with it efficiently by resting them. Not fair for Sammy to be playing with an injury that could get worse and keep him out for longer when Ennis could have come on.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bazza said:

If players are struggling with fitness and injuries the manager and his team should deal with it efficiently by resting them. Not fair for Sammy to be playing with an injury that could get worse and keep him out for longer when Ennis could have come on.

Perhaps Ennis should have started ?

1 hour ago, rigger said:

Perhaps Ennis should have started ?

Spot on - where is the confidence to kick on going to come from if players are relegated to the bench for the entire game. Also, Sammy is capable of being a game changer when we are chasing a game, but not if he is blowing out of his arse because he has been on since the start.

I know we are paper thin as a squad, but there is sufficient resource available to allow for tactical substitutions, IMO.

JDT's Paper thin Army!!

3 hours ago, johnradfordsubbuteo said:

anybody else think Hill (who is classy) looked out on his feet for the last 20 or so?

Maybe due to greater exertion needed at FB than CB? Especially 3 games in a week there I suppose.

I agree. The last 20 minutes he was still trying to get forward a lot. However there were times he was very slow to close down when defending and was jogging across when he should have been sprinting across. He looked knackered. 

Edited by Hasta

3 hours ago, bazza said:

Szmodics was clearly happy to carry on and continue to try his best for the team and fans. 

Can Ennis play the Szmodics role? 

27 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont get why we have to stick to the same formation throughout. Needing a goal, if the manager had any faith in either of the strikers signed for him, surely have 2 up when chasing a game.

We have a change of formation for when we’re leading (3 at the back) so, like you say, why don’t we have one for when we’re chasing the game?

• Like 2

I sat in the JW lower as I had persuaded 3 friends to come for the game, not my usual  Blackburn End … not a good choice, won’t be doing it again. …no atmosphere, negativity, total acceptance of failure ..but I do get why! 

On to the game ……where have these fancy flicks come from ? These half tackles ? 
These non communication moments ? We were poor but there was no leadership, just aimless pointing, gesturing, just no acceptance of responsibility ( I will let someone else shoot and miss or , as in the first half not shoot at all ) ..We’re limited in skill and experience but yesterday we were weak and without guts ( can’t accept that ) 

Clearly JDT has no confidence in Ennis or Telalovic ..neither used with a sub available when 1 down ? I think Leonard will come( right places, good movement) but he can’t carry the entire striking responsibility at 19 .

The Ewood “ experience “ was poor yesterday and despite my best efforts my friends won’t be hurrying back .. 

We’ve boys doing the jobs of men  on the pitch and clueless “ leaders “ doing the jobs off it commercially and in recruitment .I don’t mind a hard season what I mind is being conned that all is ok when clearly it’s not ! 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Szmodics post on twitter about being captain yesterday 

I wouldn’t be looking to give him the armband again any time soon. If anything it seemed to weigh him down rather than up his game, and all he did of note all afternoon was whinge and moan at everyone.

Hill, JRC and Tronstad all look better organisers from a distance.

51 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I wouldn’t be looking to give him the armband again any time soon. If anything it seemed to weigh him down rather than up his game, and all he did of note all afternoon was whinge and moan at everyone.

Hill, JRC and Tronstad all look better organisers from a distance.

Szmodics was obvious choice after Travis and Hyam weren't available and yes I would give to him again. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Anyone else notice Sammy kept feeling his groin yesterday, and was grimacing a lot after making runs? I know he always seems to have his hands down his kecks, but it seemed to me he was particularly uncomfortable for much of the game yesterday. He is not one to give up and seek the comfort of the bench unnecessarily, but is it wise to push him to the edge if he is carrying a deep seated problem? We need a fully fit, committed Sammy Szmodics to maintain our overall confidence and balance, so I'm somewhat concerned he appears to be struggling at the moment.

Hernia I'm calling it now. 4 weeks out unless they try to get him to play through it for a bit.

3 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

We have a change of formation for when we’re leading (3 at the back) so, like you say, why don’t we have one for when we’re chasing the game?

I was thinking exactly the same just before Leonard came on.

Get 2 up front and just get crosses and through balls into them. I'd imagine Telalovic and Ennis would cause a bit of chaos between them, in the opposition box.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Andy said:

I was thinking exactly the same just before Leonard came on.

Get 2 up front and just get crosses and through balls into them. I'd imagine Telalovic and Ennis would cause a bit of chaos between them, in the opposition box.

Or even  3 up front…

Leo

Hill.        Carter.        Wharton           Pickering

JRC        Tronstad      Wharton 

Ennis        Telalovic       Leonard 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dolly blue said:

I sat in the JW lower as I had persuaded 3 friends to come for the game, not my usual  Blackburn End … not a good choice, won’t be doing it again. …no atmosphere, negativity, total acceptance of failure ..but I do get why! 

On to the game ……where have these fancy flicks come from ? These half tackles ? 
These non communication moments ? We were poor but there was no leadership, just aimless pointing, gesturing, just no acceptance of responsibility ( I will let someone else shoot and miss or , as in the first half not shoot at all ) ..We’re limited in skill and experience but yesterday we were weak and without guts ( can’t accept that ) 

Clearly JDT has no confidence in Ennis or Telalovic ..neither used with a sub available when 1 down ? I think Leonard will come( right places, good movement) but he can’t carry the entire striking responsibility at 19 .

The Ewood “ experience “ was poor yesterday and despite my best efforts my friends won’t be hurrying back .. 

We’ve boys doing the jobs of men  on the pitch and clueless “ leaders “ doing the jobs off it commercially and in recruitment .I don’t mind a hard season what I mind is being conned that all is ok when clearly it’s not ! 

I was out yesterday and I couldn’t get the score on my phone until about the 80th minute. Why is it when I saw we were 1-0 down with maybe 15 minutes to go I knew it was going to be another loss ?

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Szmodics was clearly happy to carry on and continue to try his best for the team and fans. 

Can Ennis play the Szmodics role? 

That's not the point, Chaddy. A player carrying an injury who wants to play on trying his best is not good for the team. It weakens us. He should have come off and allowed a fit player to come on, be it Ennis or another.

• Like 1