BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea (h) - 28/10/23

8 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Big win last night.  

Can we retain the momentum? Predictive line up? 

I sense the same 11 as last night 

Usually I'm a big proponent of never change a winning team but injury to Hyam, Sigurdsson looking shattered means some changes.

Reckon with Moran taking a knock also means a switch to 433 is on the cards, moving Szmodics wide left. Prefer Szmodics at 10 but  an obvious move with the injuries etc.

Leo

Hill.     Carter.  S Wharton.  Pickering

JRC.   Tronstad.   A Wharton 

Brittain.   Dolan.   Szmodics 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

Usually I'm a big proponent of never change a winning team but injury to Hyam, Sigurdsson looking shattered means some changes.

Reckon with Moran taking a knock also means a switch to 433 is on the cards, moving Szmodics wide left. Prefer Szmodics at 10 but  an obvious move with the injuries etc.

Leo

Hill.     Carter.  S Wharton.  Pickering

JRC.   Tronstad.   A Wharton 

Brittain.   Dolan.   Szmodics 

That's the team I'd go for. Dolan's recent upturn probably takes the pressure off throwing Ennis in too early. There's a chance that Szmodics might be moved deeper and either JRC/Brittain moved to full back, with Hill coming in for Hyam instead of S. Wharton. 

• Like 2

I think JDT might be tempted to move Hill into Hyam’s position and bring Brittain back to right back. Scott Wharton, like a lot of centre halves, is best under siege conditions away from home. When it’s a question of get a head to it, get a boot to it.

Against Swansea at home we should be playing more on the front foot and the back line will be further up the pitch. The ball should be in their half more than ours. Hill’s added pace could prove crucial in snuffing out Swansea attacks.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

That's the team I'd go for. Dolan's recent upturn probably takes the pressure off throwing Ennis in too early. There's a chance that Szmodics might be moved deeper and either JRC/Brittain moved to full back, with Hill coming in for Hyam instead of S. Wharton. 

I know its an option I would really hesitate to move Hill from RB - his influence in stabilising the defence has been absolutely huge. Take him away and I think it could be really damaging. And Brittain and JRC have been brilliant in their roles last couple of games, so I wouldn't touch them either.

• Like 5

Swansea are playing totally differently from the Russell Martin pass pass pass.

They are direct, break quickly, press high and usually shoot hard and accurately on sight.

They are vulnerable at the back and defend surprisingly narrowly preferring to pack their box.

Let's hear what the injury situation is but I would expect the eleven who started the second half to start this game- Moran was moving freely when he joined the lads for the post match plaudits in front of the fans last night.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I know its an option I would really hesitate to move Hill from RB - his influence in stabilising the defence has been absolutely huge. Take him away and I think it could be really damaging. And Brittain and JRC have been brilliant in their roles last couple of games, so I wouldn't touch them either.

Agree, and I think the route that JTD goes down will be revealing about how much he trusts S. Wharton. Playing him and keeping Hill at RB is the least disruptive option, but if he really doesn't rate Wharton then he has the players to reshuffle to keep him on the bench. 

• Like 1

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Swansea (h) - 28/10/23

Walhsted

Hill.  Carter. Hyam/Wharton. Pickering

JRC.        Tronstad

Brittain.     Szmodics.    Dolan

Ennis

Only 1 change giving us a more fixed presence up top. Dolan moves out to the left, thought he worked exceptionally hard last night and is starting to show signs of improvement. 

My worry is with a heavy fixture list and last night being very draining physically that we need to freshen things up a bit more. I'd start with the one change but look to the bench early to freshen things up, Adam Wharton being the main one and possibly Leonard for Ennis. 

I think this will be another tight one, I predict 2-1 rovers.

Keep changes, positional or otherwise, to a minimum.

We have a bit of momentum and Hill, Brittain and JRC are excelling - would be madness to shift those three just to cover for Hyam (Wharton did well when he came on, so let's see if he sinks or swims - we are playing Swansea at home not Man City!).

Result not in doubt - Rovers by two clear goals to keep marching on.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Keep changes, positional or otherwise, to a minimum.

We have a bit of momentum and Hill, Brittain and JRC are excelling - would be madness to shift those three just to cover for Hyam (Wharton did well when he came on, so let's see if he sinks or swims - we are playing Swansea at home not Man City!).

Result not in doubt - Rovers by two clear goals to keep marching on.

Agreed. Look so much more solid with Hill at the back, and he can play a bit. Brittain on the wing gives us some real natural width which we’ve otherwise lacked, and JRC looks fantastic box to box. I’d like to see Adam Wharton back in, but that would have to be for Sigurdsson meaning a change of formation. So he’ll probably have to bide his time.

• Like 1

Moran isn't injured - per the manager, Ennis was brought on to defend the corner (Moran would have had to sit it out).

I'd start with a v similar lineup to the last two games - you'd obviously just have to monitor fitness. We assume Hyam is out and JRC has come off on 70 mins the last two matches so I assume he'll struggle. 

I'd love to see Ennis start in place of Dolan, but JDT doesn't seem to change winning teams. 

Otherwise it's surely just S. Wharton in for Hyam and go again.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Agreed. Look so much more solid with Hill at the back, and he can play a bit. Brittain on the wing gives us some real natural width which we’ve otherwise lacked, and JRC looks fantastic box to box. I’d like to see Adam Wharton back in, but that would have to be for Sigurdsson meaning a change of formation. So he’ll probably have to bide his time.

Could Szmodic be moved out to cover Sigurdsson and bring Wharton into the midfield? 

• Like 1

It's one we should win, to make it 5 consecutive wins - and would surely push us back into the top 6.

However, in true Rovers fashion, I think this will be a banana skin and will give us a bit of a reality check.

Hope I'm wrong.

6 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Could Szmodic be moved out to cover Sigurdsson and bring Wharton into the midfield? 

Why moved your best player from his best position? 

10 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I think JDT might be tempted to move Hill into Hyam’s position and bring Brittain back to right back. Scott Wharton, like a lot of centre halves, is best under siege conditions away from home. When it’s a question of get a head to it, get a boot to it.

Against Swansea at home we should be playing more on the front foot and the back line will be further up the pitch. The ball should be in their half more than ours. Hill’s added pace could prove crucial in snuffing out Swansea attacks.

Why moved players from the positions where they are playing well and we are winning?