BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea (h) - 28/10/23

1 hour ago, rigger said:

So you want to see if Telalovic has it in him to score at a lower level. I want to see if he can score at our level.

Yeah, agreed, we have signed him to be in the first team so we shouldn't be loaning him out. If we do that is a big failure. 

I have a vague hope that he is putting in the fitness, pressing, one touch work etc in the background and will be improved character in the next few weeks. Saw a big improvement in Tronstad, Szmodics etc so we can live in hope.

One of him or Ennis needs to look the part.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Atko's Engine said:

FWIW, given everything that happened in summer & the context in which he was signed, I trust the judgment of GB and JDT to have identified a player who, if not ready now, will provide value going forwards.

I know that's not what we needed, but that's hardly their fault, or Telalovic's.

He seems to have been a late bloomer, but to be even considered as a squad member for Bor Mon he must have something about him.  In fact we've seen a little already; his control & pass to SS for that missed chance were excellent. Hopefully he just needs time, and atm we're managing ok without him (and Ennis, Gallagher & Leonard) - quite remarkable really when you think about it!!

He might genuinely be a late developer.

Sadly, my blood runs cold  when I hear 'late developer' after Steve Kean's description of 'that tackle' Myles Anderson.  I think my cynicism can be forgiven!

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mercer said:

He might genuinely be a late developer.

Sadly, my blood runs cold  when I hear 'late developer' after Steve Kean's description of 'that tackle' Myles Anderson.  My cynicism can be forgiven!

The new Chris Smalling he likened him to as a late developer. Robbie Cotton was the new Steven Gerrard and Goodwillie was the new Wayne Rooney.

Jesus wept.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, rigger said:

In your scenario, he goes on loan to say a division two club where he is a success, what then. Do we just sell him to a club at that level ? The Rovers are not in a position to have "players for the future". We need players who can contribute here and now.

I'm not sure what you're proposing? Keep a player around the squad (he won't make an 18 when Gally/Ennis/Leonard are all fit) who isn't good enough at the moment? You might not think we're in a position to have one for the future but here we are. 

2 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

I'm not sure what you're proposing? Keep a player around the squad (he won't make an 18 when Gally/Ennis/Leonard are all fit) who isn't good enough at the moment? You might not think we're in a position to have one for the future but here we are. 

If he isn't good enough now, then the recruitement team have fucked up, sell him and move on. If he is good enough for the Rovers, play him and let him show it. If we were still a premier league team, we might be able to afford the time to develop players, but I am afraid in our present situation we can't. Phillips for example. 

7 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Or just don’t bother with captains? Pointless in football (unlike say cricket where they are in essence the player manager on a matchday), especially at the top level where players are coached to an inch of their life.

A captain can make or break the team though Matty

Sometimes you have it where there is a club captain and a match day captain. I'd say the club captain is the most important part, especially in pro football as you say, because they are the go between for the squad to the management

4 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Sometimes you have it where there is a club captain and a match day captain. I'd say the club captain is the most important part, especially in pro football as you say, because they are the go between for the squad to the management

The better a team is the less important the (match day) captain becomes??

31 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I know, I was being a little facetious, but I stick by that on the pitch they have a minimal influence in comparison to other sports.

Edited by Mattyblue

This is not the total football Swansea of old. We're a much better side in my opinion. There are no gimme's in this league, typically in this league they could take something from us but based on what I've seen of them this season, we should be looking to build on our recent wins with a convincing 3 points. 

I don't want to us to upset the 11 but If Hyam isn't available, I'd move Hill to CB, move JRC or Brittain to RB with Trav in midfield... Scotty doesn't convince me. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Neal said:

This is not the total football Swansea of old. We're a much better side in my opinion. There are no gimme's in this league, typically in this league they could take something from us but based on what I've seen of them this season, we should be looking to build on our recent wins with a convincing 3 points. 

I don't want to us to upset the 11 but If Hyam isn't available, I'd move Hill to CB, move JRC or Brittain to RB with Trav in midfield... Scotty doesn't convince me. 

Travis is out injured for 2 weeks. If and it's a big if for me, Hill goes centre back then Brittain should go RB. If that's the case I'd bring Markanday back on the wing. Lads done nowt wrong to my way of thinking. 

That said, if Hyam is missing just put Scott in there and keep the same as the last 3 games. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Neal said:

Our right hand side has been our biggest strength in recent games and no coincidence it’s come with Hill at RB, JRC central and Brittain further forward. Should maintain that arrangement as best we can. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, arbitro said:

The new Chris Smalling he likened him to as a late developer. Robbie Cotton was the new Steven Gerrard and Goodwillie was the new Wayne Rooney.

Jesus wept.

Nothing summed that rat up more than this and at best his judgement was pure awful - he did talk of Lowe in similar terms as well - or he was just the corrupt scum trying to sell a dream based on lies whilst he got rich quick.

There is a reason no English club has ever gone anywhere near him in a decade !

• Like 1

Leo

Hill  Carter  Hyam  Pickering

JRC.    Sondre

Brittain   Sammie  Dolan

Ennis

Wharton for Hyam if injured.

Still have Wharton, Markanday, Moran and Telalovic to come on and make a difference. Feel like this could be Ennis big week. Kick off his Rovers career.

Those writing Telalovic off is plain embarrassing. Unless you’re one of the coaches then you haven’t seen this guy play and the manager has a history of keeping players out for long periods before dropping them in and them being excellent. The fact he’s not playing is likely much more to do with him adjusting and getting used to what the manager wants than him being “clearly not good enough” 🙈

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Leo

JRC.    Sondre

Brittain   Sammie  Dolan

Ennis

Still have Wharton, Markanday, Moran and Telalovic to come on and make a difference. Feel like this could be Ennis big week. Kick off his Rovers career.

Those writing Telalovic off is plain embarrassing. Unless you’re one of the coaches then you haven’t seen this guy play and the manager has a history of keeping players out for long periods before dropping them in and them being excellent. The fact he’s not playing is likely much more to do with him adjusting and getting used to what the manager wants than him being “clearly not good enough” 🙈

Agreed with all above and in addition still have Leonard and Gally to come back. The gaffer clearly values gally so I think we have to consider his absence as well. 

4 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Leo

JRC.    Sondre

Brittain   Sammie  Dolan

Ennis

I’ll be surprised if Ennis starts.

Surely Ennis has been training for long enough to be fit enough for a start. Weve been doing well last couple of games but long term we need to start playing with a striker. Surely Swansea at home is as good a chance as any to bring him back. 

Other than that and Hyam, it will be pretty much the same team. 

4 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Leo

JRC.    Sondre

Brittain   Sammie  Dolan

Ennis

Why do we have to be coaches to have an opinion on a player?

Will Telalovic even come on tomorrow to make a difference? People are judging based not only on his appearances thus far but where he has come from, such a poor level at a decent age. A symptom of the budget cuts. The manager seems unwilling to use him even when we dont have a striker.

Writing him off totally is obviously dangerous but equally I feel like youve earmarked him as a potential difference maker tomorrow over the likes of Sigurdsson and Leonard tomorrow more as a front against these "embarassing" people.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Why do we have to be coaches to have an opinion on a player?

Will Telalovic even come on tomorrow to make a difference? People are judging based not only on his appearances thus far but where he has come from, such a poor level at a decent age. A symptom of the budget cuts. The manager seems unwilling to use him even when we dont have a striker.

Writing him off totally is obviously dangerous but equally I feel like youve earmarked him as a potential difference maker tomorrow over the likes of Sigurdsson and Leonard tomorrow more as a front against these "embarassing" people.

Telalovic came from a Bundesliga club. What level he was playing for, at that club, was upto their manager.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rigger said:

Telalovic came from a Bundesliga club. What level he was playing for, at that club, was upto their manager.

We’ve had loans from Premier League clubs and they’ve been hopeless. What was that left back called Mowbray signed from Liverpool ?  Then there was Harper from West Brom.  Sent back early.

• Like 1