BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea (h) - 28/10/23

2 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Yeah also agree, we're scoring a lot of goals, have exciting young talent coming through from our academy, playing some good football, putting together cup runs.. I mean it's about the best we've been since a few years before we got relegated from the premier league.

If we can't get behind this team I wonder what it will take. I get that Venkys and the CEO need to go, but putting them to one side this is what we have.

I know that the posters who are saying we are terrible cloggers etc are the ones who always say we are terrible cloggers every season irrespective of manager, players, league or situation but still, thought it was worth saying on the whole I think JDT et al have put an entertaining team together.

Outside of the premier league fans up and down the country would love to be in our position.

People are behind this team. Its impossible to put the owners to one side though as they have obviously inflicted all of the frustrations that have led to the limations of our small and young squad.

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

rovers are playing some cracking football,no one can argue with that though without investment on the playing side in january we`ll come up short again,im`e finding it very frustrating that venkys gave mowbray a **** load of money but jdt has`nt had half what moggadon had,you never know,there might be a miracle in januart and venkys give jdt the funds he needs

They hardly gave him a shit tonne of money. The overall net spend over his tenure was minimal and like with Tomasson, it becomes all concentrated in one summer. We spent £4m without generating funds last summer, this summer basically the opposite happened.

Point being, Venkys havent suddenly become this huge hindrance since Tomasson took over. They provide no manager with sustained support, and I dont even mean repeated transfer splurges. Just a consistent plan with a lack of interference and the ability to trade. Thus, regardless of who is in tbe dug out, while Venkys are here, they will have one hand tied behind their back and as well as struggling against teams with bigger resources, they are having to do it against a lack of support from the club itself. Mowbray wasnt this special illogical chosen one, its been the same shit since Venkys joined. In the last 2 seasons under 2 different managers, weve been managed really well for the first 2/3 of the season under 2 different managers, overachieving, then it caught up on us. Even if the first bit repeats itself this season, no backing in January, a young squad and a lack of experience will see it happen again.

On 25/10/2023 at 08:56, booth said:

I like Wharton coming on as a sub, it's less pressure on him. JRC and Tronstad seem to be a winning formula.

Hopefully Sig gets back to where he was before the international break.

I hope he does went from brilliant to dud overnight 

2 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

That list is big! The main memory I have is when Martin Olsson went. Him and his brother were good at rovers. 

Swansea are a different side to those attacking days of laudraup etc.

hopefully a good home win today please boys

• Like 1

22 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

That's such a weak team it's hard to understand why we're not struggling near the bottom.

Losing Hyam is a blow without a doubt when we're so short on quality and numbers. Scott Wharton had a good second half at Millwall but has been a liability for a long time. 

I wouldn't move Hill - he's been excellent at fullback since he arrived

I actually think other fans would look at that team & feel it's quite decent, just missing a proven goalscorer as we know.

Young highly rated international keeper, highly rated right back, one v good CB, solid LB, high quality holding midfielder with a young superstar, in-form midfielders in Brittain, Dolan & SS.

Not our strongest 11 granted, but stronger than you would have us believe.

Edited by Atko's Engine
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Buried my mum on Thursday.  She loved rovers hope we get a result for her. I used to go to games with her till venkys came and ruined everything.  I couldn't go after that because of what they did to the club.  My big regret was not taking her to one more game

Hold on to the games you went with her. Venkeys have taken a lot from many of us, but they can’t take the memories of Rovers and the games you went to with your Mum.

Edited by Moptop1
  • Like 7

Our 2021 home fixture v Swansea which we won 2-1.

Which team do you think is the best and which one would you rather watch? It's the current one on both counts for me.

Thomas Kaminski

Daniel Ayala

Darragh Lenihan

Harry Pickering

Ryan Nyambe

John Buckley

Joe Rothwell

Lewis Travis

Tyrhys Dolan

Ben Brereton Díaz

Sam Gallagher

SUBSTITUTES

Jacob Davenport 

Hayden Carter

Jake Garrett

Connor McBride

Tyler Magliore

Daniel Butterworth 

Jordan Eastham

Edited by JohnD
Removed the 3 extra players! 😂

Just now, Moptop1 said:

Hold on to the games you went with her. Venkeys have taken a lot from many of us, but they can’t take the memories of Rovers games with your Mum.

Thanks Moptop1.  She got giddy when she entered the ground.  Will miss that. She'll be there in spirit 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JohnD said:

Our 2021 home fixture v Swansea which we won 2-1.

Which team do you think is the best and which one would you rather watch? It's the current one on both counts for me.

Thomas Kaminski

Daniel Ayala

Darragh Lenihan

Harry Pickering

Ryan Nyambe

John Buckley

Daniel Butterworth

Joe Rothwell

Lewis Travis

Tyrhys Dolan

Hayden Carter

Ben Brereton Díaz

Sam Gallagher

Jacob Davenport

SUBSTITUTES

Jake Garrett

Connor McBride

Tyler Magliore

Jordan Eastham

The one that wins.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Buried my mum on Thursday.  She loved rovers hope we get a result for her. I used to go to games with her till venkys came and ruined everything.  I couldn't go after that because of what they did to the club.  My big regret was not taking her to one more game

I am very sorry to hear that. I hope your managing. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JohnD said:

I'd take Kaminski and Brereton but doubt the latter has the skills needed for JDT.

??
He was pretty much an ever-present in JDTs first season. Played 50 games, top scorer and 1 goal in 3 games (in his supposed fall away season too)

• Like 1

Under Martin Swansea were easy to set up against as they were so predictable. They are a totally different prospect under the ex Dingle Duff as they mix it up by going back to front quickly on occasion as well as trying to keep possession at times. The only certainty is that we have to compete and he ready for anything. I have total confidence in Tomasson and his ability to come up with a winning game plan. A clean sheet will be great as we are always in the hunt for goals. I'm confident of a win without getting carried away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

Very sorry to hear that.  Hope they get the win today.

• Like 1