BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea (h) - 28/10/23

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why moved your best player from his best position? 

Why moved players from the positions where they are playing well and we are winning? 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

My team

Wahlstedt 

Hill Carter Hyam/Wharton Pickering 

JRC Tronstad 

Brittain Szmodics Moran

Dolan

Why drop Sigurdsson when we are winning?

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why moved your best player from his best position? 

Why moved players from the positions where they are playing well and we are winning? 

Some times you need to. Hill’s a centre half and Brittain is a right back so they’re hardly being played out of position are they. I’m not convinced with Wharton at centre half the moment. Like I said - defending the penalty area away from home when we’re under the cosh he’s ok, defending our half when the ball may be our opponents half a lot in a home game, I’m not convinced.

When you’re a defender you have concentrate every bit as much when the ball is in your opponents half as when it’s coming your way. One long ball out of defence and you need to anticipate it. I think Wharton needs to work on that part of his game.

JDT will do what ever he thinks right and that’s fair enough by me. He’s paid to make these decisions. However If he did move those two I wouldn’t be surprised.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Some times you need to. Hill’s a centre half and Brittain is a right back so they’re hardly being played out of position are they. I’m not convinced with Wharton at centre half the moment. Like I said - defending the penalty area away from home when we’re under the cosh he’s ok, defending our half when the ball may be our opponents half a lot in a home game, I’m not convinced.

When you’re a defender you have concentrate every bit as much when the ball is in your opponents half as when it’s coming your way. I think Wharton needs to work on that part of his game.

JDT will do what ever he thinks right and that’s fair enough by me. He’s paid to make these decisions. However If he did move those two I wouldn’t be surprised.

I get all that to be honest but we are more solid defensive with Hill, Brittain and JRC in the team

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Let’s hope Hyam can shake the knock off and we can go with a settled defence. If he is out who’s next for the captain’s arm band ?

Very simple for me, only one man for the job Sammie Szmodics 

42 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

he looks tired and jaded,did on saturday and last night as well

True, plus we are working up on match fitness so he can play 75/90 per game. It's slow process but we don't need him picking up any injuries either. 

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Very simple for me, only one man for the job Sammie Szmodics 

True, plus we are working up on match fitness so he can play 75/90 per game. It's slow process but we don't need him picking up any injuries either. 

Mm, we all like Sammie and I suppose he’s the out standing candidate but has he got the right temperament ? He strikes me as being the sort of player who expects everybody to be as committed as he is and would bollock anybody who isn’t. Some players respond to a bollocking and some don’t.

Having said that he’s a senior player now so he must be under consideration for the role.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Mm, we all like Sammie and I suppose he’s the out standing candidate but has he got the right temperament ? He strikes me as being the sort of player who expects everybody to be as committed as he is and would bollock anybody who isn’t. Some players respond to a bollocking and some don’t.

Having said that he’s a senior player now so he must be under consideration for the role.

For me. His work rate and commitment plus being a senior player and leader he is obvious choice

• Like 1

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

My team

Wahlstedt 

Hill Carter Hyam/Wharton Pickering 

JRC Tronstad 

Brittain Szmodics Moran

Dolan

Good try but I think the EFL would notice if we fielded 12 players 

• Like 1

Try and keep the team the same if possible. Hyam might not make it, if not, assume Wharton comes in from the start.

I'd be tempted to stick Ennis in from the start so that we actually have a striker on but it's worked for the last 3 games, so perhaps leave it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it and all that.

23 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

What’s the state of play with Gilsenan these days ?

It’s a bit worrying that the injured list is getting longer and longer with no sign of players returning.

same with Telalovic... if he cant get mins now with all the strikers unavailable, hes never going to. Obviously doesn't look to impressive in training. 

8 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

You know what Tyrone, this is something that is missed at all levels of football imo. A lot of people assume the loudest and most determined player should be the captain. It doesn’t always work out. Like you say, they end up alienating some players

I think people look at your Roy Keane type player and think that is the archetype captain. Towards the end of his career he rubbed too many people up the wrong way and went out rather unceremoniously

I was playing for a team called AFC Wulfrunians a few years ago. They’re a local team but really well ran imo. The captain at the time was horrible on the pitch. You’d make a bad touch and his arms were in the air, screaming all sorts at you. It got me down, and got to a point where I didn’t want to make a mistake. So I started playing the easy ball every time. My old man used to make it down every now and then at that time. I remember him telling me that it wasn’t rugby and I could make a forward pass. That’s when it dawned on me that I’d allowed this bloke to ruin my own game. It’s a strange feeling, but when you’re on the pitch the wrong character can really affect you 

I lasted one more season and left. 

I captained a team and looking back I was awful. I expected everybody to be a committed as I was and unfortunately not everybody is made the same way. You can bollock some players and they respond well, some just go into their shells and you’ve made them worse players, as you say.  I know that now but I was too young then.

That’s my worry with Sammie. Of course I could be completely wrong.

46 minutes ago, ruggles1995 said:

same with Telalovic... if he cant get mins now with all the strikers unavailable, hes never going to. Obviously doesn't look to impressive in training. 

Absolutely loves a goal in a behind close doors friendly against L2 opposition though! Possibly about his level? If Gally/Ennis/Leonard can stay fit (obviously a ridiculously large if), reckon Telalovic needs a loan in January. Might be a bit harsh as he's a young lad in a new environment but we need to see if he has it in him.

5 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

Absolutely loves a goal in a behind close doors friendly against L2 opposition though! Possibly about his level? If Gally/Ennis/Leonard can stay fit (obviously a ridiculously large if), reckon Telalovic needs a loan in January. Might be a bit harsh as he's a young lad in a new environment but we need to see if he has it in him.

So you want to see if Telalovic has it in him to score at a lower level. I want to see if he can score at our level.

• Like 3

FWIW, given everything that happened in summer & the context in which he was signed, I trust the judgment of GB and JDT to have identified a player who, if not ready now, will provide value going forwards.

I know that's not what we needed, but that's hardly their fault, or Telalovic's.

He seems to have been a late bloomer, but to be even considered as a squad member for Bor Mon he must have something about him.  In fact we've seen a little already; his control & pass to SS for that missed chance were excellent. Hopefully he just needs time, and atm we're managing ok without him (and Ennis, Gallagher & Leonard) - quite remarkable really when you think about it!!

• Like 2

Swansea had won 3 in a row, but have since lost the last 2.....they'll be there for the taking IMO.

I'll go 2-1 Rovers. Szmodics and Moran the scorers.

If all are fit then I think JDT will start with the same side as Cardiff and Millwall. Alternatively, if Hyam isn't fit then bring in Scott Wharton, and if Siggy needs a rest then bring in Moran.

I really wish we'd been able to keep Sigurdsson at the club for the international break as it feels like it has set him back a little based on the last two games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rigger said:

So you want to see if Telalovic has it in him to score at a lower level. I want to see if he can score at our level.

He's quite clearly not a Championship caliber player at present. However that's not to say he never will be but I'd like to see if he can do it a higher level than crowd less friendly and/or German fourth division.

7 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

He's quite clearly not a Championship caliber player at present. However that's not to say he never will be but I'd like to see if he can do it a higher level than crowd less friendly and/or German fourth division.

In your scenario, he goes on loan to say a division two club where he is a success, what then. Do we just sell him to a club at that level ? The Rovers are not in a position to have "players for the future". We need players who can contribute here and now.

Edited by rigger