BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Preston North End (h) - 10/11/23

thought we were the better team but our double achilles heel of not seeing games out and lack of a proper centre forward who can head a football were illustrated again

i would`nt have taken dolan off

jdt does`nt have a plan b,plan b being don`t **** around with the football in your own penalty box

north end think they`ve won the champions league on social media🤣

in the long run,prestons "wimbledon of the 80`s style" will only get them so far

neither of us will be promoted

4 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Incredibly frustrating.

We have the best manager since Big Sam, play some terrific football and we get some very good results despite JDT having to manage with one hand tied behind his back.

Sadly, I think JDT will soon be off and who can blame him.

So dejected tonight.

You shouldn't be dejected; you played some great, lovely fluid football tonight. I think you'll have a good season with JDT steering. 

• Like 1

‘Leonard would ideally be on loan at a league one club’ is a quote I heard from someone close to the goings on at the club. 

It says a hell of a lot that he’s preferred to both Ennis and Telalovic. Big Sam will be our knight in shining armour for the two games that he’s back fit for before getting injured again.

• Like 2

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Just a realist. They looked a solid outfit tonight and usually have done against us in recent years

They were solid. They did what they needed to.

A defender won the game fo them because they fired in a cross.

We can pass the ball nicely but that's it. No threat going forward and shit at the back.

This league is incredibly weak. Nowhere near enough quality in the division and all these dick head managers with their 'modern tactics' are absolutely shit. If you would drop the 2001 Souness team we had in this division today, they would absolutely destroy every team in the league and would be champions by April.

I'm still yet to see anything more effective than proper wingers firing in crosses to TWO proper strikers.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

They were solid. They did what they needed to.

A defender won the game fo them because they fired in a cross.

We can pass the ball nicely but that's it. No threat going forward and shit at the back.

This league is incredibly weak. Nowhere near enough quality in the division and all these dick head managers with their 'modern tactics' are absolutely shit. If you would drop the 2001 Souness team we had in this division today, they would absolutely destroy every team in the league and would be champions by April.

I'm still yet to see anything more effective than proper wingers firing in crosses to TWO proper strikers.

If the idea was to cut the budget then what's the point in bringing in a manager like Tomasson who wants to play football?

Oh yes to develop players to sell on, winning is secondary... I forgot for a moment.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

That's it, hammer the young lad with obvious potential who was on for 20 minutes.

You make PNE out to be Real Madrid🤣

They're just a team of experienced pro's who play percentages. Nowt special. 

I’ve seen enough of Leonard thanks, the truth is the lad isn’t good enough at the moment. I said Preston were solid, nothing more. It’s solid teams that play the percentages that win promotion 

• Like 3

Just now, booth said:

If the idea was to cut the budget then what's the point in bringing in a manager like Tomasson who wants to play football?

Oh yes to develop players to sell on, winning is secondary... I forgot for a moment.

As long as you win enough to avoid the drop.

That's the only thing venkys have ever wanted us to do.

Since we give most of the players away anyway, who actually benefits? Oh yeah that's right, agents.

7 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Awful record and its sucking the life out of me...seems to treat them as just another game mentality.

He treats every game the same and that's not to be applauded. There is a reason why we have such an erratic record. We will beat the teams who also like to try pass and play and lose to the teams who have a bit of nastiness in them and get stuck in and show physicality and fight. Not changing tactics and adjusting to your opponent is truly staggering. 

We even tried it at Chelsea and would no doubt do it at City or Madrid. Give me the Souness, Big Sam and Hughes style approach all day. Felt like we were in with a chance against any opposition no matter how strong they were. Seem to turn them over on the regular and give all them all they could handle.

Edited by BigBar
  • Like 4

• Backroom
8 minutes ago, TAFKAP said:

You shouldn't be dejected; you played some great, lovely fluid football tonight. I think you'll have a good season with JDT steering. 

We won't because we have a massively underfunded team and shit owners. JDT is doing the best he can steering a broken down ship full of holes through the storm. At best we'll finish mid-table, but for Rovers in this division that can never be considered a 'good season'. 

Just now, BigBar said:

We even tried it at Chelsea and would no doubt so it at City or Madrid. Give me the Souness, Big Sam and Hughes style approach all day. Felt like we were in with a chance against any opposition no matter how strong they were. Seem to turn them over on the regular and give all them all they could handle.

in fairness to jdt,they had a good boardroom to work with and got plenty of support financially

Not bad for effort, squad is bare bones, Leonard has to get more minutes in that scenario.  Again did enough to win and came home empty handed.  Fortress Ewood is but a Sandcastle.  It's a buggar cos simetimes it's fun to watch and infuriating, often within the same minute.

Over to you Venkies, give the man something to work with.

Edited by USABlue

3 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

I’ve seen enough of Leonard thanks, the truth is the lad isn’t good enough at the moment. I said Preston were solid, nothing more. It’s solid teams that play the percentages that win promotion 

Preston won't win promotion. A team with a striker and a first team defence would have beaten them comfortably tonight. They were very poor for long periods, fourth bottom of the form table before tonight, and they looked poor against a bad Coventry side last weekend.

A perfect game for them to gain 3 points tonight. A makeshift defence, loads of injuries. And they still made a meal of it.

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

in fairness to jdt,they had a good boardroom to work with and got plenty of support financially

Not a boardroom issue on this occasion, purely talking about tactics and style of play. It's like not looking out the window before you leave the house and deciding to wear shorts and t-shirt no matter what the forecast is. Could be fine in July but doing the same in December ain't going to end well. It's just illogical to me.

• Like 3