BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Preston North End (h) - 10/11/23

2 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Not a boardroom issue on this occasion, purely talking about tactics and style of play. It's like not looking out the window before you leave the house and deciding to wear shorts and t-shirt no matter what the forecast is. Could be fine in July but doing the same in December ain't going to end well. It's just illogical to me.

if he had the money to buy 3 quality players then we`de start winning games,thats all thats missing imo

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Andy said:

We battered them and should have been out of sight by HT.

You'd suggested we had much to fear; we absolutely did not.

They won, but even the blindest of blind men could see that we were far superior tonight.

I must have watched  a different game and I attended Ewood tonight ... 

Men against boys ..

There's no fight in the team and are physically very very weak...

Sigardsson is a waste of space ...

Preston were a big team , who didn't overplay in their own half .. Getting the ball quickly , something we can't do ..

The last minute of injury , we were playing the ball  across the back line , it was pathetic....

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Andy said:

We battered them and should have been out of sight by HT.

You'd suggested we had much to fear; we absolutely did not.

They won, but even the blindest of blind men could see that we were far superior tonight.

Edited by Waggy76

3 minutes ago, booth said:

Preston won't win promotion. A team with a striker and a first team defence would have beaten them comfortably tonight. They were very poor for long periods, fourth bottom of the form table before tonight, and they looked poor against a bad Coventry side last weekend.

A perfect game for them to gain 3 points tonight. A makeshift defence, loads of injuries. And they still made a meal of it.

Their fans will say they were easily the better side. Pinned us back for long periods and created plenty of chances.    I’d be surprised if they don’t make the playoffs 

• Like 1

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Their fans will say they were easily the better side. Pinned us back for long periods and created plenty of chances.    I’d be surprised if they don’t make the playoffs 

you will only get so far by playing long balls and relying on set pieces,any team with an incisive edge will cut them apart,the better sides in the division have already done it to them

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

if he had the money to buy 3 quality players then we`de start winning games,thats all thats missing imo

He definitely has talent as a coach but needs to work on his in game management and his ability to tweak his system to change a game. He got shafted by the club I have to agree there and yeah if he had 3/4 more players it would probably be a different story. Just a frustrating situation all round. I can be critical of some thing but to be fair he's done a decent job given the circumstances.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
22 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Just about the most enjoyable match you could ever hope to watch if you were a neutral. We dominated the first half and should have been a couple of goals up at least but our lack of cutting edge proved crucial.

Preston came back into it second half and there can be no real complaints about the result. We'll play a lot worse than that this season and win but the lack of a serviceable striker showed us up for what we're likely to be - a lower mid table side at best.

JDT must be so frustrated.Greg the egg has had 3 goes at signing a striker and come up with Hirst, Ennis and Telalovic. 

Pitiful.

And who controls the purse strings?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, BigBar said:

He definitely has talent as a coach but needs to work on his in game management and his ability to tweak his system to change a game. He got shafted by the club I have to agree there and yeah if he had 3/4 more players it would probably be a different story. Just a frustrating situation all round. I can be critical of some thing but to be fair he's done a decent job given the circumstances.

Both you are right.

He's not changed things up when needed. We're one dimensional and are easily bossed by any team that stands their ground and gets stuck in and this passing about at the back just needs to stop. We aren't fucking Brasil.

Give him money though and he'd take us up. I suspect that's the reason he hasn't been given money.

• Like 1

Regardless of the result I left Ewood really embarrassed.

Sat in the JW lower nearer the Darwen End and both sets of fans ready for the minute silence.

Just as it started a knobhead behind us shouts something at the away end and ruined it.

During the second half there was a chant of “Finneys in a box”, followed by “One Jack Walker”

I’m sure Uncle Jack would have loved that.

We really have some fucking brain dead people supporting this club.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, DE. said:

We won't because we have a massively underfunded team and shit owners. JDT is doing the best he can steering a broken down ship full of holes through the storm. At best we'll finish mid-table, but for Rovers in this division that can never be considered a 'good season'. 

If nothing happens in January (new players ready made ), we will finish in the bottom 6 !

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Football is cruel sometimes. Some of our approach play was excellent with crisp passing mostly off one touch and a real intensity to our play as we got on the front foot. The problem once again was the lack of an out and out striker who is clinical and could finish some of the chances we created. Lots of really good performances with Adam Wharton excelling for me until he tired late on. Hill and Tronstadt carried on from where they left off at Norwich with top notch performances. Preston were a cynical bunch and epitomise their manager. Woodman was wasting time after five minutes and how on earth they didn't gave another three booked is beyond me.

Tomasson is getting a great return from his players right now and one look at the bench tells you how difficult it is for him. If he had some backing I believe he could get us comfortably in the playoffs but he has been let down twice now. I hate losing but I honestly can see that Tomasson is doing his absolute best here right now so I am prepared to be patient.

I couldn’t agree more but the short corners and why shoot, when you can take another touch or pass is so frustrating. Sometimes you need to mix it up and just get it in the danger area. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Football is cruel sometimes. Some of our approach play was excellent with crisp passing mostly off one touch and a real intensity to our play as we got on the front foot. The problem once again was the lack of an out and out striker who is clinical and could finish some of the chances we created. Lots of really good performances with Adam Wharton excelling for me until he tired late on. Hill and Tronstadt carried on from where they left off at Norwich with top notch performances. Preston were a cynical bunch and epitomise their manager. Woodman was wasting time after five minutes and how on earth they didn't gave another three booked is beyond me.

Tomasson is getting a great return from his players right now and one look at the bench tells you how difficult it is for him. If he had some backing I believe he could get us comfortably in the playoffs but he has been let down twice now. I hate losing but I honestly can see that Tomasson is doing his absolute best here right now so I am prepared to be patient.

Referee was shit again.

Clear fouls against Rovers players not given, one of which was in the build up to the goal. Free kicks given against us for absolutely nothing. Preston should have had another couple of bookings.

Piss poor from a piss pot ref.

Just now, Penwortham Blue said:

I couldn’t agree more but the short corners and why shoot, when you can take another touch or pass is so frustrating. Sometimes you need to mix it up and just get it in the danger area. 

I actually thought we shot at goal more tonight than we have for a while. Not too accurate though but shooting nonetheless. I agree with the corners though but he isn't going to change now I don't believe.

• Like 1