BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Watford (h) 23/12/23

26 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

It really isn't. The team is clearly very well coached, the players love him, and there is a clear style on display. We've just been fucked by injuries to an already small and inexperienced squad.

He's far better than our owners and Waggott deserve. 

All those things I agree with but no club a step up from us is going to take him based on his stats over the last 12 months.

While he does a lot of things well theres a lot of room for improvement. Closing out games is obviously one of them.

• Like 2

Great organization for today's fan takeover. Well-done to everyone who was involved. and lets hope that the Rovers contingent of the 17,803 return again.

For the game we began to show tiredness from 70 minutes onwards and unlike Watford who benefited from fresh legs, Rovers thin squad didn't have that player resource. Could have been different if Siggy had but away the one at start of second half when he had practically only keeper to beat but he sliced it and then on another occasion he could have lobbed keeper but chose to pass. 

Garrett was good. Why was booked? Revenged booking. When he took a blow on the head and the ref stopped play with Watford in a good attacking position, ref probably thought Garrett had been playacting.

Not disappointed with the performance. The lads out there today gave everything. Disappointed with some of the comments I heard on way out though.

Writing is on the wall that JDT will go to better run club.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mike Graham said:

Thanks to everyone who supported the Trust ‘Fans Takeover’ today.  Thanks to the work of various fans groups, especially brfcs and rovers chat, along with the active support of the Club we put well over 5,500 on the attendance today of whom  many bought items in the shop, kiosks and concessions.

Without it being a ‘Fans Takeover’ game with reduced pricing we would have probably have had 12,000 maximum.  The best thing was seeing all the families turning up.

Happy Christmas 🔵

PS:  this is the time for you to show your support for what your Trust is trying to do to engage the Club and boost attendances.  We are all volunteers in the Trust but we need new members, finances, ideas and your support.  Join us via: http://www.roverstrust.com

Do you know if the club has any plans to contact the extra fans to find out what it would take for them to attend more regularly? 

image.thumb.jpeg.35fa711d9003fccc6fce5c542b442083.jpeg

Shame about the result, thought we played quite well. I think we all knew what was going to happen when we kept missing our chances.

Nice to see some familiar faces today, thanks for the shirt @Herbie6590

The wife isn’t happy that I’ve added another Rovers related hat to the collection. Not bad for a tenner 😀

• Like 2

Just now, Polky said:

image.thumb.jpeg.35fa711d9003fccc6fce5c542b442083.jpeg

Shame about the result, thought we played quite well. I think we all knew what was going to happen when we kept missing our chances.

Nice to see some familiar faces today, thanks for the shirt @Herbie6590

The wife isn’t happy that I’ve added another Rovers related hat to the collection. Not bad for a tenner 😀

I could do with a new hat 🧐🤔

33 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Wahlstedt was at fault for the two goals, I felt, but I don't think there's a need to beat him down excessively like this. Why do Rovers "supporters" feel hell-bent on doing this to our younger players? My heart sinks when people, particularly one or two of the more seasoned posters, one of which has dismissed Leonard as "like playing with 10 men", as heart-sinking stuff. I don't think there is anybody in the coaching or playing staff who isn't trying their best to shift us up the league.

You seem very keen to berate the fans today. Wahlstedt made 2 errors that cost us 3 points. Thus on an internet messageboard that he wont see, he is getting criticised for that. No one has said that he did it on purpose. It has no effect on him. But he did fuck up twice and it cost us the points.

Sometimes Leonard is totally anonymous, hes a young lad who has played more than he should this season at this level due to a lack of money. 

If saying that on here is beating the players down and it questions the status of their support, then I suspect you have the thinnest of skin and/or zero counter argument in regards to their performance.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

All those things I agree with but no club a step up from us is going to take him based on his stats over the last 12 months.

While he does a lot of things well theres a lot of room for improvement. Closing out games is obviously one of them.

You couldn't possibly know that. 

And the point you're ignoring is that stats have context. The context is the budget he's working with and the league finish last season, the cup run last season, and the good season we are having this given the CONTEXT of the slashed budget and injury crisis. Intelligent owners of football clubs will see what a great job he's doing.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You seem very keen to berate the fans today. Wahlstedt made 2 errors that cost us 3 points. Thus on an internet messageboard that he wont see, he is getting criticised for that. No one has said that he did it on purpose. It has no effect on him. But he did fuck up twice and it cost us the points.

Sometimes Leonard is totally anonymous, hes a young lad who has played more than he should this season at this level due to a lack of money. 

If saying that on here is beating the players down and it questions the status of their support, then I suspect you have the thinnest of skin and/or zero counter argument in regards to their performance.

Or you're just hyper critical of everyone, especially the young academy graduates. 

Edited by Sweaty Gussets

Imagine thinking people unhappy with error after error from a professional keeper that has cost us roughly 8-10 goals as a result of doing basic things regardless of age is somehow a negative thing. People think it's nobel to act like they are the some kind of good person to point the blame elsewhere. Give your head a wobble, our keeper is a dud, there is no grey area with this one. I have zero faith in him. We are talking about a keeper that has cost us two goals today in a 2-1 defeat. He's conceded soft goal after soft goal, he's also got away with other errors that didn't result in goals. Useless.

• Like 2

I thought we were better team for 70 odds minutes and played some good football, Adam Wharton scored a good goal and we were excellent first half. Sigurdsson should have scored but I didn't feel any threat from Watford tbh. We had a perfect good goal disallowed for nothing. Poor ref decision again.

On Watford goals, I would like to see both goals back afterwards. Thought Leo performed very well until the goals. Not sure if he could have done anything differently. Reason why I want to watch back shortly. 

Overall we were better team. Hyam going off is another concern we didn't need. They targeted Travis last 20 mins who had a good game until then. 

Ennis was a disappointment today. Should had a goal but lack of awareness and anticipation shown that.

I do enjoyed our football attacking wise under JDT. Its a great watch 

We deffo didn't deserve to lose the game at all and I thought we deffo deserved all 3 points. Lets go to Huddersfield on Boxing game and win now. 

JDT's Blue and White Army 🔵

Well done to all the groups involved in the fan takeover day and it was excellent effort and each of you deserved huge credit and thankyou from Rovers fans. Also well done to every single Rovers fan who came to the game 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 2

I like Leonard and he seems like he has a future but it's ok to say he isn't up to it right now, that's not his fault as we are forced to fill a squad. Why do people take such issue with people criticising players though? If you are from the academy or a record signing, shouldnt your performance just be assessed on how to perform? I just imagine them all nameless and faceless and judge them all on how they play over a period of time. 

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I knew I'd come back to people slating the GK.

He made 3 excellent saves today - and the 2 goals he's made the initial save from difficult shots and his (tired) defenders have been second to the loose ball. If he was good enough to palm those wide / somehow smother them he'd be playing in the PL. 

That is ridiculous. The level of premier league isn’t to palm two bog standard saves around the post rather than palming them inside back to our own 6 yard box danger area. 

A good championship keeper, we win 1-0. nothing to do with PL levels. 

• Like 4

The Wahlstedt punch was inadequate but very harsh to criticise him otherwise. Again, we had chances to seal the deal and we didn't take them.

It was also a crazy game for practically every loose or miscontrolled ball falling kindly for Watford.

Yes we were beyond stretched today but if Watford had 9 unavailable like we had- ie take any 6 away from their subs bench, they don't recover to score those two late goals.

Alternatively, Rovers having any 6 of our missing players available we wouldn't have lost.

I really hope we get two classy PL loanees in January but if we have as good a second half of the season for injuries as we have had a bad first half, our subs bench will become as ridiculous for the amount of high quality talent on it as it was ridiculous for total lack of game time today.

Edited by philipl
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, philipl said:

The Wahlstedt punch was inadequate but very harsh to criticise him otherwise.

Yes we were beyond stretched today but if Watford had 9 unavailable like we had ie take any 6 from their subs bench, they don't recover to score those two late goals.

He keeps spilling shots in front of goal and 3 in 2 games have led to rebounds being put in.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Mike Graham said:

Thanks to everyone who supported the Trust ‘Fans Takeover’ today.  Thanks to the work of various fans groups, especially brfcs and rovers chat, along with the active support of the Club we put well over 5,500 on the attendance today of whom  many bought items in the shop, kiosks and concessions.

Without it being a ‘Fans Takeover’ game with reduced pricing we would have probably have had 12,000 maximum.  The best thing was seeing all the families turning up.

Happy Christmas 🔵

PS:  this is the time for you to show your support for what your Trust is trying to do to engage the Club and boost attendances.  We are all volunteers in the Trust but we need new members, finances, ideas and your support.  Join us via: http://www.roverstrust.com

Great work Mike. Have a great Christmas!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, BigBar said:

I like Leonard and he seems like he has a future but it's ok to say he isn't up to it right now, that's not his fault as we are forced to fill a squad. Why do people take such issue with people criticising players though? If you are from the academy or a record signing, shouldnt your performance just be assessed on how to perform? I just imagine them all nameless and faceless and judge them all on how they play over a period of time. 

Leonard is young and raw, but jeez did you see the 45 from Ennis? We’ve been crying out for a number 9 for years. I’ve seen better ball control in the national league north 

It’s a real shame we are talking about goalkeeping errors and shite referees again. Up until the 80th minute it was a great day. 

Nice to see so many people come down and see us in the fanzone and grab a blue and white Santa hat! Music seems to have gone down well too!

Unfortunately it’s a really deflating result. A big reason for that is the squad being stretched to its absolute limits. We’ve got the basis of a team that can challenge this year - including the best midfield in the league, but they need some help!

From a Trust point of view we want to make that point to the owners - Promotion instantly turns Rovers from a burden to an asset, and it’s time to give it a go. For those in power at Ewood the message is about how we can work together getting crowds like today in more consistently.

The more members we have, the bigger our voice, and the more we can keep doing events like today. Please consider joining up today…

https://www.roverstrust.com/get-involved/join-the-trust

• Like 7

1 minute ago, superniko said:

Leonard is young and raw, but jeez did you see the 45 from Ennis? We’ve been crying out for a number 9 for years. I’ve seen better ball control in the national league north 

I suppose there's the caveat that he's not match fit, but I've yet to see what Ennis offers. He looked every inch a League 1 plodder today. He couldn't hold up a corner shop with a rocket launcher, let alone the ball.

5 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

A big reason for that is the squad being stretched to its absolute limits. We’ve got the basis of a team that can challenge this year - including the best midfield in the league, but they need some help!

I agree this squad need help in terms of signings like Full back, centre midfielder and attacking player who can either play wide or up front would be welcome additions to this squad

6 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Music seems to have gone down well too!

enjoyed listening to Final countdown song, been years since I have heard it