BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FA Cup - 2023/24

12 hours ago, RoverDom said:

Pen all day long. Clear handball. 

I see pep is moaning about the scheduling like he doesn't have two starting 11s that could beat any team outside of Liverpool and Arsenal with ease. 

It went to VAR, I think Atwell, say no more. A useless piece of paid for garbage.

100 % a penalty.

It's gone beyond incompetence into very dark areas.

Pep? Simply a fuckwit trying and failing to impersonate a sensible person.

• Moderation Lead

Compare and contrast, the spirit Coventry have shown in a vital match, with the spirit we showed today in another vital match.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Compare and contrast, the spirit Coventry have shown in a vital match, with the spirit we showed today in another vital match.

I agree regarding spirit but - 1st one shinned in a la Jason Roberts, 2nd a massive deflection. 3rd a pretty kind pen.

We could have done with just one of those today.

• Like 1

Reminder that when VAR was introduced, the developers said offsides dictated by the lines are only accurate to within 15cm

So it killed the moment and there is no guarantee it was right.

Edited by Hasta

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

VAR killing football. Just sucking joy out of the game.

Wish we'd had it at Ewood Park last season when their GK handled the ball in our box to keep us out of the playoffs.

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Downvote 2

36 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I agree regarding spirit but - 1st one shinned in a la Jason Roberts, 2nd a massive deflection. 3rd a pretty kind pen.

We could have done with just one of those today.

ten Hag has spent a fortune and can't get a consistent tune out of these players. He'll rightly be sacked shortly. 

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

That couldn't have gone better for us - Coventry losing a heartbreaker on penalties. 

Lovely stuff. Hope they're done for the season now. 

Let’s hope so. That only works though if we put them under pressure. Just trying to cruise through will only end one way.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

7 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

That couldn't have gone better for us - Coventry losing a heartbreaker on penalties. 

Lovely stuff. Hope they're done for the season now. 

It could... I had cov to go thru on pens

2 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

One of the most iconic moments in the 153 years of FA Cup football disallowed by a machine. It really does sum up modern football. VAR has to go it is killing the game and sucking all of the joy and emotion out of it.

should only be used for goal line incidents or incidents the ref has missed,as it stands it`s killing the game

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

Problem with United, is they’re being judged by the standards of when Ferguson was in charge.

The reality, is that none of their players are really of the level required to compete at the top level. They’ve also overpaid for a lot of those players, to boot.

Every manager they’ve had since, has ultimately ended with the same outcome. 
I’m sure we can relate to the last sentence and compare it to any manager of ours under Venky’s….

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Problem with United, is they’re being judged by the standards of when Ferguson was in charge.

The reality, is that none of their players are really of the level required to compete at the top level. They’ve also overpaid for a lot of those players, to boot.

Every manager they’ve had since, has ultimately ended with the same outcome. 
I’m sure we can relate to the last sentence and compare it to any manager of ours under Venky’s….

The biggest mistake they made was getting rid of Van Gaal. By far the best manager they have had since Ferguson left

Very enjoyable game from 70+ minutes. No love for manure, thought Coventry had it. Shame that Wilson wasn’t in goal at the end though, definitely deserves some karma. So many small margins for us that season but that’s the one that sticks out. 

• Like 1