BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FA Cup - 2023/24

7 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

"Strange, I reckon you could ask 99.99% of the 7,000+ travelling to Ewood Park and they'd say they're going for the exact reasons you say, and not to watch a mid table Championship club who are full of "no name" players.

They'll be more in the news because they're playing Wrexham than they've been for years, because let's be honest, since they got relegated from the PL, who even are they any more ?

Their fans can't even bothered to turn up out of shame to defend their club when 7,000 are coming up on a Monday night for an FAC 4th round game

I'd be embarrassed"

Ruddy hell they do seem to get wound up!🤣

All of it, (including some of the statements from our own supporters), is just football fans being football fans.

It's just a shame that our club isn't in better shape, so we could have the same sense of anticipation, and more fans in the ground on the night.

• Like 1

Just now, martonrover said:

All of it, (including some of the statements from our own supporters), is just football fans being football fans.

It's just a shame that our club isn't in better shape, so we could have the same sense of anticipation, and more fans in the ground on the night.

Regardless of the current shape of club, why would anyone be getting excited about playing a 4th division side on a Monday night? It’s such a non-event other than the fact they’re selling 7,000 tickets, not the 500 they would have sold pre Hollywood…

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

Regardless of the current shape of club, why would anyone be getting excited about playing a 4th division side on a Monday night? It’s such a non-event other than the fact they’re selling 7,000 tickets, not the 500 they would have sold pre Hollywood…

Rovers fans should be excited ..  it’s the 4th round of the FA Cup. A great chance to reach the 32 and possibly go farther. It’s a relief from the worry of a possible relegation battle. It’s football, and we want to win. Why wouldn’t any fan be excited? 

• Like 5

Because we’ve been terrible since November.

Football fans moods and motivation to turn out are based on results and having been through this horror run and now with four home games on the bounce, the one that is on a January night, on TV and not part of your season ticket is the one most will swerve. 

Edited by Mattyblue

• Moderation Lead
8 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

"Strange, I reckon you could ask 99.99% of the 7,000+ travelling to Ewood Park and they'd say they're going for the exact reasons you say, and not to watch a mid table Championship club who are full of "no name" players.

They'll be more in the news because they're playing Wrexham than they've been for years, because let's be honest, since they got relegated from the PL, who even are they any more ?

Their fans can't even bothered to turn up out of shame to defend their club when 7,000 are coming up on a Monday night for an FAC 4th round game

I'd be embarrassed"

Ruddy hell they do seem to get wound up!🤣

They do realise they’re in League 2, yeah?

• Like 2

Why are they popping up on here moaning they can't believe Blackburn fans are having a pop at their huge following.

From what iv'e seen it's them coming out with rubbish about Rovers and our fans retaliating with a few home truths, very odd bunch they seem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Rovers fans should be excited ..  it’s the 4th round of the FA Cup. A great chance to reach the 32 and possibly go farther. It’s a relief from the worry of a possible relegation battle. It’s football, and we want to win. Why wouldn’t any fan be excited? 

Isn’t the 4th round the last 32?

2 hours ago, Displaced Rover said:

Because it’s the fourth round of the FA Cup and, yes, a big away following always makes for a better atmosphere.

All I’m reading is a lot of bitterness, which is understandable.

• Backroom

What the hell is wrong with modern society that people have zero self awareness? 

They're getting all frothy mouthed about the JW era, seemingly completely unaware of the similarities (barring the local owner vs miles away owners).

Good, honest, historic working class town riding the crest of wave after having substantial financial backing pumped in.

Clubs with a decent background that had languished somewhat in the decade or so before the new journey began. 

An amazing feel good factor that unites the local fan base (and draws in new fans from outside) as the club not only becomes successful on the pitch, but does wonders for the geographical area itself.

But they're calling us a bunch of w****rs for enjoying and celebrating that period, whilst they are currently neck deep in it. 🤔

Siri, give me a real life example of a famous meme:

spider-man.gif

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Silas said:

What the hell is wrong with modern society that people have zero self awareness? 

They're getting all frothy mouthed about the JW era, seemingly completely unaware of the similarities (barring the local owner vs miles away owners).

Good, honest, historic working class town riding the crest of wave after having substantial financial backing pumped in.

Clubs with a decent background that had languished somewhat in the decade or so before the new journey began. 

An amazing feel good factor that unites the local fan base (and draws in new fans from outside) as the club not only becomes successful on the pitch, but does wonders for the geographical area itself.

But they're calling us a bunch of w****rs for enjoying and celebrating that period, whilst they are currently neck deep in it. 🤔

Siri, give me a real life example of a famous meme:

spider-man.gif

Except for the Siri bit, which is techno bollux

18 hours ago, Silas said:

Spoken like a true old codger. 😉

This is techno bollux:

Ozd.gif

Looks a lot like Will Boyle the Hollywood CB who got a red card today v Newport after just 18 minutes.

His crime - he tackles like he dances. No appeal necessary unless Hollywood want to waste their time and money, it was let's say a bit agricultural 

Newport 1 v Hollywood 0, as always the EFL have extended highlights of Hollywood on YouTube.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

Wxm fan in peace. We were particularly poor yesterday against Newport who pressed well and nullified any creativity we had. We had four first teamers injured one of which, Tom O'Connor who we signed from Burton, will be out for a few weeks with a broken bone in his foot. He's a massive loss. I think when most Wxm fans saw the team sheet yesterday, we knew we were in for a hard time. Will Boyle made most of us nervous as he has a few mistakes in him, and within 17 mins our fears were realised with a straight red. We should have a couple back for Monday, particularly Andy Cannon who is a creative midfielder we signed from Hull City. I think if you press us well, we'll revert to hoofing the ball forward which never really works for us away from home. However, we can be direct and play down the channels well. Mullin will hassle your defenders for the full 90 mins, he's a great player. Others to watch our for are Elliot Lee, attacking midfielder and George Evans our creative midfielder. Our goal keeper Arthur Okonkwo, is also a real talent and on loan from Arsenal. If we can hold you off until the second half, we usually pick up the pace and improve as the match progresses. Just to give some context, I've been a season ticket holder for years and have supported the club through thick and thin since the 80's. Some of the new fans have high and somewhat unrealistic expectations. There's lots of talk among the new fans of the Championship and Premiership, but I think most realists believe that our natural level is to challenge in league one. As for drawing  Blackburn in the cup, I was made up as it's a historic big club and ground and real chance for us to test ourselves against better opposition. We would have taken a big away following regardless of the takeover by Rob and Ryan, as we have always generated a good away following. Hopefully it's a good competitive game. With the exception of Monday, all the best for the rest of the season and I hope you can eventually get the owners you deserve who can raise your club back to the heights it's enjoyed in the past. We thought it would never happen to us but out of the blue R&R came a long and our future looks stable and exciting. 

• Like 6

This S4C is laughable. The commentary is in English, albeit by Welsh commentators,who call it as Swansea,  but the visual score in the screen is Bournmouth v Abertawe.(the Welsh name for Swansea) 

On 20/01/2024 at 08:18, Displaced Rover said:

Mainly because it's a 4th division side that's getting far, far too much coverage due to their owners. 

I'd love for us to show out (both on and off the field) and give them a bloody nose - but sadly this is a zombie club so that's not going to happen.