BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FA Cup - 2023/24

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Next thing 'we'll be all over the ground'....

Minnows having a big day out is nothing new is it but they'll bang on like it's unique.

As for our turnout or lack of it a quick glance at games at Bolton and Blackpool versus Premier lge opposition at home the other night tells the story.

It’s a January night game against a fourth division side on TV.

Even without the current horrendous form we’d never be looking at more than 5/6k home fans.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, wxm801 said:

Almost sold out. Was 245 tickets left at 5pm yesterday. You were saying? 

"DEEDUMS"

I didnt say anything , ewe did. 

I dont care if you bring a pre hollywood 50 or a hollywood new  30000.

On 15/01/2024 at 08:25, wxm801 said:

Well that's knackered it for a lot of Wrexham fans planning to go. Ridiculous decision that will cost both clubs. If it'd been on the Saturday night or the Sunday even fair enough. But a Monday night? F**k off. It will severely affected our numbers travelling.

There were around 8 of us planning to go, and now no one can go now due to work etc 

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, wxm801 said:

You replied to my post saying I was making excuses for us not selling out. So DEEDUMS.

Thicker than mince.

Speaking of thicker, you probably need to develop thicker skin to be posting on an opponent's MB if this is what sets you off. 

Unless you're perhaps new to football and the internet. 

Being a Wrexham fan, the latter is quite likely. 😉

• Like 4

I usually really like opposition fans on here - some of my favourite posters over the years have been fans from other clubs, including our six fingered friends. 

However, currently we’re experiencing a huge increase in registrations from Wrexham fans all around the world (I can see their IP) who seem to want to do nothing but cause trouble. Which is a real shame, because I thought their documentary was fantastic. 

For now, I’ll continue accepting them. But can members please be quick to report the stupid ones, so we can act? If it continues unfortunately we’ll just do a hard block on all of them. 

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

I usually really like opposition fans on here - some of my favourite posters over the years have been fans from other clubs, including our six fingered friends. 

However, currently we’re experiencing a huge increase in registrations from Wrexham fans all around the world (I can see their IP) who seem to want to do nothing but cause trouble. Which is a real shame, because I thought their documentary was fantastic. 

For now, I’ll continue accepting them. But can members please be quick to report the stupid ones, so we can act? If it continues unfortunately we’ll just do a hard block on all of them. 

Amazing what a good editor can do 😄

They’ve got that giddiness fans of clubs that suddenly surge from nowhere usually have. Everything’s an adventure, a cup tie relatively up the road at a famous old ground they’ve not been to for 43 years being another one.

It’s obviously all very exciting for them, but like everybody they’ll hit their glass ceiling at some point and it will all wear off.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

I mean Wrexham 'fans' from all over the world ?

Come on there'd hardly be any in Wrexham without the Hollywood nonsense and of course when American public are suddenly taking an interest in soccer you know it's a farce.  

I'm genuinely glad for the 3 or 4k real Wrexham hardcore every dog deserves it's day and it's good some of their local youth will now chose them instead of the traditional TV clubs in that area.

The rest can go and get stuffed.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I mean Wrexham 'fans' from all over the world ?

Come on there'd hardly be any in Wrexham without the Hollywood nonsense and of course when American public are suddenly taking an interest in soccer you know it's a farce.  

I'm genuinely glad for the 3 or 4k real Wrexham hardcore every dog deserves it's day and it's good some of their local youth will now chose them instead of the traditional TV clubs in that area.

The rest can go and get stuffed.

they are like kansas city fans , ejaculating for taylor swift  only difference its for a dude in a cheap spidy mask with big knives that swears more than me.

• Like 1

It always pleases me to see the minnows looking forward to their big day out at Ewood Park. We see it often with PNE. While it is impressive that Wrexham have sold that many in such a short space of time, would there be such a fanfare and following if they were drawn away at Luton, Plymouth, Barnsley, Burnley and the like? If the Wrexham fans are honest with themselves, they know the answer to that. They have only sold this many because it's Blackburn Rovers they are up against. Only six or seven other clubs in England would cause Wrexham fans to snap up tickets this quick, and they know it.

Unfortunately, they are in for a major shock when they see for themselves the damage that has been done by 13 years of Venky's. That doesn't change the truth though regarding their fans:

🎵 Come to see the Rovers,
      You've only come to see the Rovers,
      Come to see the Rovers... 🎵

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

It always pleases me to see the minnows looking forward to their big day out at Ewood Park. We see it often with PNE. While it is impressive that Wrexham have sold that many in such a short space of time, would there be such a fanfare and following if they were drawn away at Luton, Plymouth, Barnsley, Burnley and the like? If the Wrexham fans are honest with themselves, they know the answer to that. They have only sold this many because it's Blackburn Rovers they are up against. Only six or seven other clubs in England would cause Wrexham fans to snap up tickets this quick, and they know it.

Unfortunately, they are in for a major shock when they see for themselves the damage that has been done by 13 years of Venky's. That doesn't change the truth though regarding their fans:

Didn't they take 5k to coventry recently?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

Wrexham fan here. Probably fair to say as someone else pointed out on the thread that these types of games are exciting for us after 15 years in the wilderness of Non League. It will die down but for now, yes most likely we would take a massive following to a 4th round away tie against higher opposition not too far away. We took 5k to Coventry and 4800 to Sheffield United in the replay last year. Plymouth, Luton probably not, Burnley, Barnsley and teams like PNE or Bolton then yes we’d do the same. Still find it weird Americans coming over to games and stuff myself tbf but on the whole they’re pretty harmless, can see why it looks a bit of a joke from the outside though. 

Not that it makes a difference but I’ve been supporting Wrexham a long time, after games against the likes of Guiseley, Kings Lynn, Welling etc for years you can see why fans are eager for a game like Blackburn.

Was naturally disappointed at the fixture change like 99% of us but looking forward to the trip up now. Any pub suggestions I’d be all ears, especially any from the train station to the ground.

Not expecting a win especially given our ropey away form but it’s the cup so who knows, hopefully we’ll give you a game. 

• Like 9

9 hours ago, tomphil said:

Next thing 'we'll be all over the ground'....

Minnows having a big day out is nothing new is it but they'll bang on like it's unique.

As for our turnout or lack of it a quick glance at games at Bolton and Blackpool versus Premier lge opposition at home the other night tells the story.

If things were going better for us, we’d flog a few more tickets.

The pricing is also daft.

The ratio of home v away supporters will be a reflection of the respective ownership and fortunes of the two clubs.

The look of Ewood a week on Monday will rub a little more salt in the wounds.

The game itself has upset written all over it, but hopefully we will prevail and ensure the night isn’t a complete embarrassment.

• Like 4

On 18/01/2024 at 17:25, rog of the rovers said:

Am I being thick or can you not buy tickets on the Rovers website?

It says wrong card details, I've tried three different ones and it wont let me get beyond that screen with an error!

Please check that your card type is one that we accept and that you have entered the number correctly.

Exactly the same for me. Trying to get my own seat, but gave it up after three attempts with different cards.

34 minutes ago, godedd said:

Another Wrexham fan here in peace. Looking forward to visiting the home of the former PL champions.Hopefully we get a friendly Lancashire welcome.

But (Isn’t there always a but!) I find it quite amusing that you lot take the mick out of our new found following since the takeover. I assume your attendances when you were PL is the same as it is now? It’s not a secret that attendances fluctuate based on a club’s fortunes.  You seem to be a shadow of your former selves. I only realised this when I couldn’t name a single one of your players. Light years away from Berg, Shearer, Sutton et al. Should your fortunes change, I assume you will all shun the ‘new’ fans who will start filling the ground week in week out.

We’ve sold out every league away day this season and took thousands to Coventry and Sheffield Utd last season and over 5k to Stoke pre-takeover. Us lot just enjoy a good away day wherever it may be.

I can understand the outsiders cynicism towards the ‘Hollywood’ project. However, the club is intrinsically linked with the mood of the town. They have absolutely revitalised the place and given hope to a club that almost went out of business twice and to a town that has been neglected by Cardiff and Westminster for years. It’s easy to try and belittle us but don’t tell me you wouldn’t kill to have better owners than you’ve currently got. At least Rob & Ryan know what our stadium looks like.

Other than the 90 minutes on the 29th, I wish you nothing but good wishes for the remainder of the season. Keep fighting against the Venky’s and who knows what comes next.

if you’ve read this far then kudos to you.

You'll probably win. all the momentum is with you while we don't have any.

Enjoy your day!

2 hours ago, godedd said:

Another Wrexham fan here in peace. Looking forward to visiting the home of the former PL champions.Hopefully we get a friendly Lancashire welcome.

But (Isn’t there always a but!) I find it quite amusing that you lot take the mick out of our new found following since the takeover. I assume your attendances when you were PL is the same as it is now? It’s not a secret that attendances fluctuate based on a club’s fortunes.  You seem to be a shadow of your former selves. I only realised this when I couldn’t name a single one of your players. Light years away from Berg, Shearer, Sutton et al. Should your fortunes change, I assume you will all shun the ‘new’ fans who will start filling the ground week in week out.

We’ve sold out every league away day this season and took thousands to Coventry and Sheffield Utd last season and over 5k to Stoke pre-takeover. Us lot just enjoy a good away day wherever it may be.

I can understand the outsiders cynicism towards the ‘Hollywood’ project. However, the club is intrinsically linked with the mood of the town. They have absolutely revitalised the place and given hope to a club that almost went out of business twice and to a town that has been neglected by Cardiff and Westminster for years. It’s easy to try and belittle us but don’t tell me you wouldn’t kill to have better owners than you’ve currently got. At least Rob & Ryan know what our stadium looks like.

Other than the 90 minutes on the 29th, I wish you nothing but good wishes for the remainder of the season. Keep fighting against the Venky’s and who knows what comes next.

if you’ve read this far then kudos to you.

Hope you enjoy your visit to Rovers mate but obviously not too much!

To the Wrexham fans reading this dont take a bit of ribbing too seriously,your Club is on the up,we're currently a mess on and off the field of play tbh and there is a lot of frustration and anger amongst our fans.Our famous old Club,the most successful town Club in England,10th most decorated of all English teams is being wilfully destroyed by fookin Indian Idiots.

Btw,Its a great following for a Monday night game .....bydded y tîm goreu w!

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, wxmred said:

Talking bubles lad..Yes there would, we sell out almost every away end we go too , and the home fans also make an effort ...unlike you lot..Coventry and Sheffield utd last season there was ove 20,000 and Sheffield utd showed respect by filling the away end on there vidit to the racecourse..ooooh and we was national league then... soooo ex premiere league champions...show us what yiur fans are made of ??? If you get a replay at the racourse will you bring a national league following ?? ..

I'm not sure what I have said that is wrong. There are only a select few clubs that would result in Wrexham fans scrambling like mad to get a ticket for. You would NOT be scrambling like mad to get a ticket at Bolton, Preston, Wigan, Plymouth, Barnsley, as there is no glamour in those ties. You would not sell out those away ends.

Which of the following do you disagree with? Wrexham get drawn away against any of the below:

1) Man Utd at Old Trafford - 9,000 allocation. You sell out in a flash.

2) Man City at the Etihad - 4,500 allocation. You sell out in a flash.

3) Liverpool at Anfield - 6,000 allocation. You sell out in a flash.

4) Chelsea at Stamford Bridge - 6,000 allocation. You sell out in a flash.

5) Arsenal at The Emirates - 7,000 allocation. You sell out in a flash.

6) Tottenham at the new White Hart Lane - 9,000 allocation. You sell out in a flash.

7) Newcastle at St. James Park - 6,000 allocation. You sell out in a flash.

8. Leeds at Elland Road - 5,000 allocation. You sell out in a flash.

9. Blackburn Rovers at Ewood Park - 7,000 allocation. 6,800 sold in just over a day. That's a fact. You sell out in a flash.

What does that tell you?

Are any of the above suggestions wrong, in your view? You're coming in droves to see the former champions, still a respected name in the game, despite the dickheads running the club. Fair play to you, but you will be shocked by how we look today.

I'm not knocking Wrexham or your owners. No problem with the netflix doc or your new fans either. Our nightmare with the worst owners in England goes on, but I'm genuinely pleased Wrexham now have ambitious owners and their dark days are a distant memory. We would all love to say that about Rovers, but it might get a lot worse before it gets better for us.

Good luck for the rest of the season, apart from at Ewood, of course.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SuperBrfc said:

I'm not sure what I have said that is wrong. There are only a select few clubs that would result in Wrexham fans scrambling like mad to get a ticket for. You would NOT be scrambling like mad to get a ticket at Bolton, Preston, Wigan, Plymouth, Barnsley, as there is no glamour in those ties. You would not sell out those away ends.

Which of the following do you disagree with? Wrexham get drawn away against any of the below:

1) Man Utd at Old Trafford - 9,000 allocation. You sell out in a flash.

2) Man City at the Etihad - 4,500 allocation. You sell out in a flash.

3) Liverpool at Anfield - 6,000 allocation. You sell out in a flash.

4) Chelsea at Stamford Bridge - 6,000 allocation. You sell out in a flash.

5) Arsenal at The Emirates - 7,000 allocation. You sell out in a flash.

6) Tottenham at the new White Hart Lane - 9,000 allocation. You sell out in a flash.

7) Newcastle at St. James Park - 6,000 allocation. You sell out in a flash.

8. Leeds at Elland Road - 5,000 allocation. You sell out in a flash.

9. Blackburn Rovers at Ewood Park - 7,000 allocation. 6,800 sold in just over a day. That's a fact. You sell out in a flash.

What does that tell you?

Are any of the above suggestions wrong, in your view? You're coming in droves to see the former champions, still a respected name in the game, despite the dickheads running the club. Fair play to you, but you will be shocked by how we look today.

I'm not knocking Wrexham or your owners. No problem with the netflix doc or your new fans either. Our nightmare with the worst owners in England goes on, but I'm genuinely pleased Wrexham now have ambitious owners and their dark days are a distant memory. We would all love to say that about Rovers, but it might get a lot worse before it gets better for us.

Good luck for the rest of the season, apart from at Ewood, of course.

Great post 

• Like 1

"Strange, I reckon you could ask 99.99% of the 7,000+ travelling to Ewood Park and they'd say they're going for the exact reasons you say, and not to watch a mid table Championship club who are full of "no name" players.

They'll be more in the news because they're playing Wrexham than they've been for years, because let's be honest, since they got relegated from the PL, who even are they any more ?

Their fans can't even bothered to turn up out of shame to defend their club when 7,000 are coming up on a Monday night for an FAC 4th round game

I'd be embarrassed"

Ruddy hell they do seem to get wound up!🤣

• Like 1