BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FA Cup - 2023/24

13 hours ago, tomphil said:

He was a Burnley lover as well all those 70's throwbacks seemed to be but yes the ex City fella was ?  He was the only one on there who had a decent word to say about Rovers.

Fat Sharpe was another twohat.

Gary Owen was the former City player on there. I enjoyed listening to his views and he came across as a nice guy. Would often give Rovers a bit of airtime.

I thought Alan Kennedy was ok too. Sharpey was just bothered about Everton. It was great to see us frustrate each of them in turn during those years.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

ESPN+ streams all FA Cup games so I'll be watching no matter what time it's on. 

Yes indeed and it is usually ESPN+ I watch. Always quality video and audio.

Its also already been picked by Star + in Central and South America, Paramount + in Australia, Viaplay in a lot of Europe and no doubt Super sports will do Africa.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hullrover said:

Shrewsbury v Wrexham was 2pm Sunday on S4C.

It was, but that didn't clash with any of the ITV/BBC games, if that is a condition then i notice there is nothing in the Saturday 530 slot for that day so it could well go there.

1 minute ago, MarkBRFC said:

It was, but that didn't clash with any of the ITV/BBC games, if that is a condition then i notice there is nothing in the Saturday 530 slot for that day so it could well go there.

I imagine Lancs police may object.

3 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Over 6k came from Preston on a Friday night, can't see why this would be any different to that?

Don't give them any more hot air than they already have.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Hasta said:

If S4C show it, I presume it has to move from 3pm Saturday? (For once I actually need this moved)

Is the commentary in Welsh on S4C or in English?  
Or maybe it’s in English until an Englishman switches on, so it would then revert to Welsh, just like me walking into a shop in N Wales. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Over 6k came from Preston on a Friday night, can't see why this would be any different to that?

And yet 7500 Leeds fans had to be moved from 3pm to 12.30pm kick off on police advise. 

One was on TV and one wasn't so I always suspect some of the TV money goes the way of the police in these situations.

Who knows.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

Or maybe it’s in English until an Englishman switches on, so it would then revert to Welsh, just like me walking into a shop in N Wales. 

It's usually in Welsh. I put it on a couple of times during the international break as the Wales game was the only footy on without shelling out for Viaplay. I thought there might be a red button option for English commentary due to less than half of Wales not being able to speak it, but sadly not.

My theory is that we are having to wait for the outcome of the Newport v Eastleigh replay on Tuesday night.

The winner plays Man Utd in the next round which if course is nailed on for TV broadcast. Seems likely broadcasters will want to know that outcome before fixing their slots and won't want to put us and Wrexham on when it might clash.

Whatever the reasons I suspect it will be Wednesday before we know the precise day and time of the game and Thursday before tickets are on sale, leaving a week of sales.

I knew they'd find a way to shorten or limit sales potential though in this case not all the club's fault. Not having a functioning ticket office doesn't help matters though.

Edited by JHRover

8 minutes ago, Hasta said:

16 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

It is in Welsh but you can adjust your settings to get English. I have watched several LoW matches and FA Cup matches on S4C with English commentary.

Edited by arbitro

1 minute ago, windymiller7 said:

How do you do that mate if you don't mind me asking?

This is for Sky Q. I'm not sure about anything else but a quick Google search should help.

Scroll to Set Up and press the centre button to select it. Scroll to Preferences and select Go to Audio Language press the centre button and change it from English to Welsh, also make sure Audio Description is set to off. This will ensure you have English language commentary on S4C when it is available automatically.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, arbitro said:

This is for Sky Q. I'm not sure about anything else but a quick Google search should help.

Scroll to Set Up and press the centre button to select it. Scroll to Preferences and select Go to Audio Language press the centre button and change it from English to Welsh, also make sure Audio Description is set to off. This will ensure you have English language commentary on S4C when it is available automatically.

Thanks for this. Sounds a bit odd changing it to Welsh to get English, but if it works, happy days. I'll give it a go next time there's a game on. 👍

7 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Thanks for this. Sounds a bit odd changing it to Welsh to get English, but if it works, happy days. I'll give it a go next time there's a game on. 👍

There is a live match tomorrow at 5.15 so you can have a dummy run 😂.

45 minutes ago, JHRover said:

My theory is that we are having to wait for the outcome of the Newport v Eastleigh replay on Tuesday night.

The winner plays Man Utd in the next round which if course is nailed on for TV broadcast. Seems likely broadcasters will want to know that outcome before fixing their slots and won't want to put us and Wrexham on when it might clash.

Whatever the reasons I suspect it will be Wednesday before we know the precise day and time of the game and Thursday before tickets are on sale, leaving a week of sales.

I knew they'd find a way to shorten or limit sales potential though in this case not all the club's fault. Not having a functioning ticket office doesn't help matters though.

You do know they’ve already fixed the United match for Sunday 16:30?

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2024/january/11/rovers-vs--wrexham-update/

42 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Apparently it's on the red button for some games but you can do it Arbito,s way as well 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ianrally said:

That properly made me chuckle. They bloody do that as well, the sheep shaggers ha ha.

• Like 3

FA Cup fourth round TV details

Friday, 26 January

Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester City at 20:00 GMT on ITV1, UTV, STV and ITVX

Saturday, 27 January

Ipswich Town v Maidstone United at 12:30 GMT on BBC One, BBC iPlayer and BBC Sport

Fulham v Newcastle United at 19:00 GMT on ITV4 and ITVX

Sunday, 28 January

West Brom v Brentford or Wolves at 11:45 GMT on ITV1, UTV, STV and ITVX

Liverpool v Norwich City or Bristol Rovers at 14.30 GMT on ITV1, UTV, STV and ITVX

Newport County or Eastleigh v Manchester United at 16.30 GMT on BBC One, BBC iPlayer and BBC Sport

27 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

FA Cup fourth round TV details

Friday, 26 January

Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester City at 20:00 GMT on ITV1, UTV, STV and ITVX

Saturday, 27 January

Ipswich Town v Maidstone United at 12:30 GMT on BBC One, BBC iPlayer and BBC Sport

Fulham v Newcastle United at 19:00 GMT on ITV4 and ITVX

Sunday, 28 January

West Brom v Brentford or Wolves at 11:45 GMT on ITV1, UTV, STV and ITVX

Liverpool v Norwich City or Bristol Rovers at 14.30 GMT on ITV1, UTV, STV and ITVX

Newport County or Eastleigh v Manchester United at 16.30 GMT on BBC One, BBC iPlayer and BBC Sport

Saturday 530pm left vacant for SC4 maybe?