BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FA Cup - 2023/24

Interesting draw and a difficult game considering how well they are doing in league and a solid run last year. What does make me confident is jdt dosent waste the cups unlike borebray, he sees the value in them and we’ve done a job on all our lower opposition, only been knocked out of the cups to high opposition since he came in, a cup run is needed not only in terms of finance but the fact we are gonna be nothing more than midtable nothing to play for by April team so a cup run will keep the season alive making it possibly a decent season rather than boring and mediocre 

• Like 2

If think they've always had a solid support even before their windfall considering what they've been through but of course they wouldn't get anything near what they are getting now without all the Hollywood stuff.

Always the same though every set of jonny come lately plonkers turn straight to the crowd issue whenever Rovers are mentioned.  All really because of the white elephant that is Ewood these days if it was the same size as Preston. Burnley it would would hardly get mentioned because it would be nearly full in the home sections everyweek.

They need to imagine themselves in a 32k stadium in 20 years time when all the good times are over and they are back in the natural level for them of the 3rd tier.

They won't be filling it over a 3rd.

58 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

They are another club that has struck gold with geography too, only league club in north Wales and it’s a football area in contrast to much of the rest of Wales.

There will be plenty of folk sitting in that temporary Kop covering up their Liverpool and Everton tattoos.

Wouldn't say we struck gold. Although I can see why it would look that way.

There are a huge amount of Liverpool and Man Utd fans in Wrexham due to us only being around an hour away from both cities and plenty who saw Wrexham as their second team. Much of the town had written the club off and weren't interested. This goes back to the 90's even when we were in L1 and L2.

TBH in 2019 my patience for watching us go nowhere every season was wearing thin. I knew we couldn't compete financially. I knew that even if we struck gold with a manger that they'd likely be poached from us (Sam Ricketts to Shrewsbury - Keates to Walsall). I knew if we managed to sign any good players that they'd be leaving sooner rather than later for a better deal at the likes of Forest Green and Salford. I'm sure you get it that it grinds you down. 

We always had around 2-4k hardcore and another 5k floating who'd come to big games like against Chester and another 10k+ on top of that who'd come to Wembley for Play offs etc. Its hugely frustrating to see we could take 20k plus to Wembley then the next home league game would be under 5k there.

There's quite a bit of resentment in our hardcore fans to new comers "taking their tickets". But i guess if you want success this is the price you pay. 

Any fan Wrexham fan mocking Blackburn's attendances is clearly on the wind up and looking for a bite. 

• Like 6

I think this is a cracking tie, currently everything you'd want a  Club to against currently everything you wouldn't want a Club to be and I have a very bad feeling about it.

Just hope JDT can maintain his welcome knack of winning in the Cups.

25 minutes ago, wxm801 said:

There are a huge amount of Liverpool and Man Utd fans in Wrexham due to us only being around an hour away from both cities and plenty who saw Wrexham as their second team. Much of the town had written the club off and weren't interested. This goes back to the 90's even when we were in L1 and L2.

TBH in 2019 my patience for watching us go nowhere every season was wearing thin. I knew we couldn't compete financially. I knew that even if we struck gold with a manger that they'd likely be poached from us (Sam Ricketts to Shrewsbury - Keates to Walsall). I knew if we managed to sign any good players that they'd be leaving sooner rather than later for a better deal at the likes of Forest Green and Salford. I'm sure you get it that it grinds you down. 

We always had around 2-4k hardcore and another 5k floating who'd come to big games like against Chester and another 10k+ on top of that who'd come to Wembley for Play offs etc. Its hugely frustrating to see we could take 20k plus to Wembley then the next home league game would be under 5k there.

There's quite a bit of resentment in our hardcore fans to new comers "taking their tickets". But i guess if you want success this is the price you pay. 

Any fan Wrexham fan mocking Blackburn's attendances is clearly on the wind up and looking for a bite. 

Like I said you’ve struck gold, and good luck to you. Those ‘fans’ of those clubs will have no qualms in suddenly turning up to Wrexham games, couple that with your long standing supporters and lapsed/floating fans and there’s massive potential to grow your fanbase in a region like north Wales. 

We have no such luck with a dozen or so league clubs in a forty mile radius.

Edited by Mattyblue

2 hours ago, wxm801 said:

I'm enjoying the rapport from an opposition fan in peace more than others in the past. At least you now understand us and our woes and we understand you and yours perfectly.

• Like 5

On 08/01/2024 at 21:19, barry_ said:

Absolutely buzzibg for this... my son in law follows wrexham and writes/ does a blog for them so it's game on.

Be a tough ask for us as they're flying and will pack the DE out.

Going to have to bevEnglish for the day ha!!!

COYB !!!

Whats the matter with you lot..

The venkyscum have done a good job on you all. Fuck em , why are so many scared of a lower league team ffs. Only a few weeks ago everyone was talking playoffs,  now your all running scared of a reality TV team.

Could we lose ? Absolutely it's the cup things happen 

Should we lose absolutely not.

GET A GRIP !!!!

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Like I said you’ve struck gold, and good luck to you. Those ‘fans’ of those clubs will have no qualms in suddenly turning up to Wrexham games, couple that with your long standing supporters and lapsed/floating fans and there’s massive potential to grow your fanbase in a region like north Wales. 

We have no such luck with a dozen or so league clubs in a forty mile radius.

True too a point but there are a lot of Liverpool and Everton supporters in North Wales .....

I know, that’s my point, a lot of those are ‘fans’ of the Liverpool clubs but never go to Anfield or Goodison, but will certainly turn up at the Racecourse as Wrexham charge up the leagues.

Edited by Mattyblue

Will the Wrexham fans be employing Mickey Thomas to make them some counterfeit tickets.?

For the younger members he was a Wrexham idol who was jailed for a counterfeit currency scam and money laundering. 

• Like 2

He's also one who really had it in for Rovers when he was on that Century FM or whatever it was every evening, a complete twohat and a piss pot to boot.

I hope we stuff them for that reason alone.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

He's also one who really had it in for Rovers when he was on that Century FM or whatever it was every evening, a complete twohat and a piss pot to boot.

I hope we stuff them for that reason alone.

Yeah, I remember that. On the 'Legends Football Phone in'. There was one particular Rovers visit to Old Trafford, where Thomas and a few of their fans were getting giddy beforehand on the Friday. Acting like it was a foregone conclusion for United.

It took one of their wiser fans (Webby) to tell Thomas "don't take these (Rovers) lightly tomorrow, Sparky's got them playing, they are coming to attack and we have to be on it, otherwise we will get beat".

Morten scored twice...

Not a peep from Thomas on the Monday.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ABBEY said:

The venkyscum have done a good job on you all. Fuck em , why are so many scared of a lower league team ffs. Only a few weeks ago everyone was talking playoffs,  now your all running scared of a reality TV team.

GET A GRIP !!!!

That was some visionary, who back in 1864 formed a reality tv team. Hats off to them. 

8 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

Yeah, I remember that. On the 'Legends Football Phone in'. There was one particular Rovers visit to Old Trafford, where Thomas and a few of their fans were getting giddy beforehand on the Friday. Acting like it was a foregone conclusion for United.

It took one of their wiser fans (Webby) to tell Thomas "don't take these (Rovers) lightly tomorrow, Sparky's got them playing, they are coming to attack and we have to be on it, otherwise we will get beat".

Morten scored twice...

Not a peep from Thomas on the Monday.

He was a Burnley lover as well all those 70's throwbacks seemed to be but yes the ex City fella was ?  He was the only one on there who had a decent word to say about Rovers.

Fat Sharpe was another twohat.

15 hours ago, ABBEY said:

GET A GRIP !!!!

But our shit goalkeeper(s) and brittle defence mean we probably have to score 3 or 4 to win...

3 hours ago, wxm801 said:

That was some visionary, who back in 1864 formed a reality tv team. Hats off to them. 

There's loads of old clubs, with a long history of mediocrity (bouncing around the lower tiers of the EFL). Being founded fairly early doesn't make them particularly special. You've been plucked from 16 years pottering around the National League for the purposes of a reality TV show, so what Abbey said is factual.

Popped on to a Wrexham forum and saw some slagging off of our crowds...not a hard google to see what Wrexham averaged pre-Deadpool...

• Like 1

Our crowds could and should be better, no question, especially when you see the crowd boom across football in recent years. We've gone around this buoy as to why many, many times.

But our standard average gate since 2012 has been c14,000. Sometimes a bit lower, but ballpark.

What is so terrible about that for a small, deprived town hemmed in by league clubs after a shocking decade (but one of the highest ST prices)? It's the Ewood factor that makes things look worse than they are as it's a ground built for top 6 Premier League football, not this never-ending shambles.

Either way I won't be taking any pelters from fecking Wrexham fans.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 8

Cambridge were direct, and did score the twice they got the ball in the box, but couldn't really get it up the pitch to get us under pressure. 

Our style of football is very difficult to defend against for lower league sides. They just aren't used to coming across that type of play. That's why we put 4 past Walsall, 5 past Cambridge and 8 past Harrogate this season.

I'm surprised a few people I've spoke to seem to think this looks particularly difficult on paper. If you remove the hype it should be fairly comfortable, especially as we know JDT will take it seriously.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 6

17 hours ago, Ianrally said:

Will the Wrexham fans be employing Mickey Thomas to make them some counterfeit tickets.?

For the younger members he was a Wrexham idol who was jailed for a counterfeit currency scam and money laundering. 

I think it was When Saturday Comes (is it still going?) that had promo one issue; "free inside, A Mickey Thomas tenner".

I had a mate who was pals with a few Wrexham YTS lads during the time it all happened. He said that the dressing room was awash with the dodgy cash. 

As for the game, Rovers should win this one. Despite all the glitz Wrexham are still league 2 newcomers. Rovers, even with all their woes, have much better footballers. 

There will be plenty of US interest in this game. 

Edited by speeeeeeedie

20 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

True too a point but there are a lot of Liverpool and Everton supporters in North Wales .....

We go to North Wales on holiday each summer and have always seen a variety of Liverpool, Everton and Man Utd tops on display around the town. Last summer, however, hardly any of those could be seen and instead there were Wrexham shirts everywhere.

Supporting Wrexham is certainly the fashionable thing to do at the moment - and let's be honest, a bit of success is always likely to attract floating fans - that's why we were averaging nearly 30,000 every week in the mid-90's. Eventually though they will reach a ceiling - they have the budget to blow away the conference and L2, maybe even L1, but nowhere near enough to threaten the really big boys - and interest will soon wane again - it's not as much fun watching a team battling to grind out mid-table finishes year after year, no matter what league you're in.