BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FA Cup - 2023/24

75% + of regular Ewood attendees don't give a stuff about the owners or board of Rovers so it would be a bit odd if they suddenly took an interest in a publicity stunt in North Wales and that influenced their attendance at this tie 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

not fair,should be anyone who went to rotherham for a league cup tie in 1990 while it was blowing a force 9,from memory there were only about 100 of us rovers there😁

Willington away early 70s, not many there. I had to nick-off school, to go to the mid-week, afternoon kick-off replay at Ewood. That should qualify for £1 entry and a free beer at half-time.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Ianrally said:

Is he famous or summat? 

Good question, I've never known who he is or what he does.

Meanwhile I've watched of Wrexham extended highlights, they are EFL darlings and every game seems to be on extended highlights on EFL YouTube. 

They are a fancy pub League outfit who play quickly up to their big lads and use long throws like WBA.

They have physicality throughout and will be a threat to our schoolboys. They will score against us and it is a banana skin type of game.

It should be a good watch and will be easy to find on the internet.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

75% + of regular Ewood attendees don't give a stuff about the owners or board of Rovers so it would be a bit odd if they suddenly took an interest in a publicity stunt in North Wales and that influenced their attendance at this tie 

That's entirely wrong.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Rovers v Everything wrong with modern football

Let's be fair, in our present state, we are a much better example of everything wrong with modern football, unfortunately.

(Our academy aside...and even then, the way we have had academy players poached rankles somewhat)

• Like 6

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Meanwhile I've watched of Wrexham extended highlights, they are EFL darlings and every game seems to be on extended highlights on EFL YouTube. 

I could be mistaken, but I don't think that's got anything to do with EFL favouritism.

I've noticed from looking for our highlights, we never post extended highlights, but some clubs do it routinely. We only have extended ones when our opponents post them through their own club account, and then we still don't post anything beyond the basic 2 mins version.

I suspect clubs might have to pay a bit extra to post the extended ones, and that's why we (and most other clubs it seems, tbf) don't.

4 hours ago, bluebruce said:

I could be mistaken, but I don't think that's got anything to do with EFL favouritism.

I've noticed from looking for our highlights, we never post extended highlights, but some clubs do it routinely. We only have extended ones when our opponents post them through their own club account, and then we still don't post anything beyond the basic 2 mins version.

I suspect clubs might have to pay a bit extra to post the extended ones, and that's why we (and most other clubs it seems, tbf) don't.

The EFL produce a lot of highlights that appear on the EFL YT channel very soon after games finish, many are the extended version.

I think you are right in that Rovers only pay for the cheaper 2 minute versions.

That EFL site is very good for coverage of Championship and below.

Wrexham appear to get more coverage on there than we do despite our Championship level.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

Just reading some comments from Wrexham fans, they're completely underwhelmed by the draw, who the feck do they think they are?

Safe to say as well as a sizeable allocation, half the country will be behind them as everyone seems invested in the 'story' of Wrexham 🥱 

It will be billed as Bollywood v Hollywood.

Man boob onion Bhaji will be desperate to ingratiate himself on a couple of A listers so maybe he will put in an appearance. After all he turned up for the Queen.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, rigger said:

Willington away early 70s, not many there. I had to nick-off school, to go to the mid-week, afternoon kick-off replay at Ewood. They should qualify for £1 entry and a free beer at half-time.

For the replay, during the 3 day working week, the company wouldn't let half a dozen of us go.

A row ensued that resulted in shutting the factory and 100 of us walking down the Bolton road to Ewood.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

"Hopefully a really big club in the 5th round". You've just been in non league for 15 years. 

11 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Thankfully JDT takes these games seriously.

Aye. If the previous incumbent was still here you'd be advised to stick your money on Wrexham - that's if we'd have somehow got past Cambridge.

• Like 3

As the display name suggests, I would've preferred this one away, but still delighted with it. I know a lot of Wrexham fans who think it's a great draw, but their forum has baffled me.

Arguably one of the biggest names outside the PL
Less than 2 hours away
Enormous allocation
In bad form so a real chance of winning

I expected they'd see this how we saw the Leicester draw, with the added bonus of us being even worse, and it's a weekend game!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, frosty said:

"Hopefully a really big club in the 5th round". You've just been in non league for 15 years. 

Aye. If the previous incumbent was still here you'd be advised to stick your money on Wrexham - that's if we'd have somehow got past Cambridge.

"Where were you when you were nothing?"

Edited by Upside Down

All i can see is loads of them working themselves into a lather about there being more of them than us.

So annoying when we end up with these types of draws all they bang on about is crowds and how 'massive' Rovers don't get big ones.  The fact they'll probably bring their entire fanbase for a day out whilst we will have less than a regular league match kind of explains who sees it as a massive game and who doesn't.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3