BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FA Cup - 2023/24

I don't think we should get offended that a lot of Wrexham fans are disappointed in the draw they got. I think it's a lot more to do with them wanting to get one of the Big Six for the excitement of putting themselves up against one of the best sides in the country, and of course the bumper pay day which can really help in League Two. They know they won't win the FA Cup, so the pinnacle of what they can do in it is to play a game like that.

What they've ended up with is a midtable Championship side, who they know are odds-on to win the game and send them out the cup, but won't give them a big payday as our league crowds are only about 50% bigger than theirs, and early round cup games tend to bring in less. They also already had this sort of experience last season when they played Coventry and Sheff United, so it's not as novel for them this year.

After the initial disappointment they seem to be warming up to the idea that it'll still be much more exciting than their normal league games, they can take a massive away following for a great day out to a ground almost none of them have been to, and they even have a bit of a chance due to our poor form and their recent record of stepping it up against Championship sides.

That said, a couple of comments on their forum about it are a bit cringe. Then again, so are one or two of the ones on here...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Look at the map (you'll probably need to open the full version in Twitter to see it). For some reason they (the Wrexham documentary I think) have plonked us up near Hadrian's Wall! There are a few other oddities on there too, such as QPR on the border with Wales, Newcastle United in the northwest, Everton in the northwest of Wales, etc.

I see it now that I opened up the full version. Thanks to you and arbiter for pointing it out. I don’t do Titter as you will have realised. Anyway I’m off now to dig Offas Dyke a little deeper but it will probably be in vain as they will no doubt leave Wrexham in a westerly direction. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Look at the map (you'll probably need to open the full version in Twitter to see it). For some reason they (the Wrexham documentary I think) have plonked us up near Hadrian's Wall! There are a few other oddities on there too, such as QPR on the border with Wales, Newcastle United in the northwest, Everton in the northwest of Wales, etc.

Edited by Ianrally
Double Post

These cup runs are quite lucrative for both teams. We received 105k for beating Cambridge (plus ticket sales etc) and the winner of the 4th round gets 120k (plus ticket sales etc). If we win, that could be close to 500k in revenue, quite a lot of extra cash for us. 5th round winner gets 225 in prize money...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hannoverover said:

These cup runs are quite lucrative for both teams. We received 105k for beating Cambridge (plus ticket sales etc) and the winner of the 4th round gets 120k (plus ticket sales etc). If we win, that could be close to 500k in revenue, quite a lot of extra cash for us. 5th round winner gets 225 in prize money...

Which ultimately benefits nobody but Venkys and Waggott.

JDT worked wonders in the cups last season delivering a huge financial boost to the club and what did he get back as thanks for it?

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Which ultimately benefits nobody but Venkys and Waggott.

JDT worked wonders in the cups last season delivering a huge financial boost to the club and what did he get back as thanks for it?

Perhaps we wouldn't have been able to afford Sigurdsson without it.

• Like 1

It probably paid for the pitch as it was odd how after years of promising then nothing it suddenly got done, amidst budget cuts as well.

If we have a good run this year they can put the unexpected windfall towards cutting season ticket prices 🙏

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

It probably paid for the pitch as it was odd how after years of promising then nothing it suddenly got done, amidst budget cuts as well.

If we have a good run this year they can put the unexpected windfall towards cutting season ticket prices 🙏

What drugs are you on and can I have some?

10 hours ago, Hannoverover said:

We got that money last season along with a few hundred thousand for numerous TV appearances. We didn't see any of it. According to Swag at a Fans Forum it went back to the owners to help service the debt.

I think it's great that we drew Wrexham considering how popular they've become in recent years. I've enjoyed their TV show (only seen season 1 so far) and it's great that their main core fan base are getting rewarded with owners that seem to be giving a lot back to the club and community while coming across as respectful while doing so. They're owners we would all love to have engage with us fans - I mean, at this point I'd take our owners just flipping their middle fingers at us just so we can see any communication!

More importantly, I also see it as a good opportunity for us to go through to the next round and to make some memories and much needed money that could help towards funding another non-scoring striker on deadline day 😂 I am hoping it's a great game, good atmosphere, and an easy win. Let's make sure we feature on an episode with us looking like the Holly(e)wood stars. 

19 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

I've also put a link to this in the Nostalgia thread, but seeing as it's related to Sammie's Hat-trick on saturday, I'll copy the post here as well.

Saw this on the Rovers website earlier. Quite a good quiz especially as you've only got 10 mins to complete. 

I got 15/23 - beware, one of the correct answers will not enter for some reason, so strictly speaking my score showed as 14. I've been back on and one of the correct answers will definitely not work for some reason, so I'm claiming 15.

Disappointed I didn't get at least 3 more but there are probably one or two in there that people have forgotten about - one of them I even saw live & didn't get it!! 🤦‍♂️

Anyway, a bit of fun for 10 mins if anyone fancies it:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2024/january/09/quiz--hat-trick-heroes-/

I got 19 . Didn’t know the ones pre shearer so managed guess two right. 
( I don’t think I’ve ruined the quiz mentioning him lol)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Delighted with the draw being at home. 

Hopefully it will be 10 pounds per ticket again

Not a chance of it being a tenner a ticket with Wrexham almost assured of selling 7,000. Waggots eyes will be showing $$ signs right now...

Come to think of it, imagine Wrexham would have to agree on ticket prices and given they'll be getting 45% of receipts makes sense for them not to discount as well.

14 hours ago, bluebruce said:

I don't think we should get offended that a lot of Wrexham fans are disappointed in the draw they got. I think it's a lot more to do with them wanting to get one of the Big Six for the excitement of putting themselves up against one of the best sides in the country, and of course the bumper pay day which can really help in League Two. They know they won't win the FA Cup, so the pinnacle of what they can do in it is to play a game like that.

What they've ended up with is a midtable Championship side, who they know are odds-on to win the game and send them out the cup, but won't give them a big payday as our league crowds are only about 50% bigger than theirs, and early round cup games tend to bring in less. They also already had this sort of experience last season when they played Coventry and Sheff United, so it's not as novel for them this year.

After the initial disappointment they seem to be warming up to the idea that it'll still be much more exciting than their normal league games, they can take a massive away following for a great day out to a ground almost none of them have been to, and they even have a bit of a chance due to our poor form and their recent record of stepping it up against Championship sides.

That said, a couple of comments on their forum about it are a bit cringe. Then again, so are one or two of the ones on here...

Spot on this. Wrexham fans love a good away day. Its not too far away and hopefully you'll give us the full allocation.

Away tickets for most of our league games sell out in minutes and are hard to get, so days like these are welcome as it allows more fans the opportunity to travel away.

I see the map that the documentary team clearly planted deliberately is still getting a few bites. I'm stunned anyone believes this was a genuine mistake and not a wind up. 

Wrexham fans will have every sympathy with your ownerships woes. The last decent owner before the current lot we had sold the club in around 2001/2002 and sold it down the river to crooks. Since then we went from one disaster to another, lost ownership of our stadium on the way (its back with the club now) and we lost our training ground Colliers Park which is now owned by the Welsh FA. We still have no permanent training ground but they are currently in the process of finding a suitable site to build one. 

What's the situation with your owners now? 

19 minutes ago, wxm801 said:

Spot on this. Wrexham fans love a good away day. Its not too far away and hopefully you'll give us the full allocation.

Away tickets for most of our league games sell out in minutes and are hard to get, so days like these are welcome as it allows more fans the opportunity to travel away.

I see the map that the documentary team clearly planted deliberately is still getting a few bites. I'm stunned anyone believes this was a genuine mistake and not a wind up. 

Wrexham fans will have every sympathy with your ownerships woes. The last decent owner before the current lot we had sold the club in around 2001/2002 and sold it down the river to crooks. Since then we went from one disaster to another, lost ownership of our stadium on the way (its back with the club now) and we lost our training ground Colliers Park which is now owned by the Welsh FA. We still have no permanent training ground but they are currently in the process of finding a suitable site to build one. 

My Mum was from Rhosymedre, so I keep an eye out for Wrexham's results. Someone in her family even knew Aarfon Griffiths-not Lloyd George, but still!

I am so envious of your situation, but glad you have got some decent owners at last.

Our owners continue to dumb down our club. No ambition, no community engagement.... no point!

It's like death by a thousand cuts. This goes on top of some more murky issues around the original takeover and what seemed to be wanton destruction of an historic football club during the first few years of this ownership.

The slogan "Made in Lancashire. Destroyed in India" still rings true for me, although the dumbing down and managed decline may be less obvious to the outside world.

Meanwhile, we seem to have a very good manager, who is being undermined by the owners via their current cardboard- cut-out board of directors.......but like the Murphy's, I'm not bitter....

• Like 8

58 minutes ago, wxm801 said:

The American influence and straight out of the Trump playbook. After a cockup say it was deliberate.

I actually just had it down to Septics being geographically challenged, and that's being kind.

I've watched a lot of your highlights and some full games. You play a style of football I like and expect you to be a real test. You've seen our keeper and defence, say no more.

53 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

My Mum was from Rhosymedre, so I keep an eye out for Wrexham's results. Someone in her family even knew Aarfon Griffiths-not Lloyd George, but still!

I am so envious of your situation, but glad you have got some decent owners at last.

Our owners continue to dumb down our club. No ambition, no community engagement.... no point!

It's like death by a thousand cuts. This goes on top of some more murky issues around the original takeover and what seemed to be wanton destruction of an historic football club during the first few years of this ownership.

The slogan "Made in Lancashire. Destroyed in India" still rings true for me, although the dumbing down and managed decline may be less obvious to the outside world.

Meanwhile, we seem to have a very good manager, who is being undermined by the owners via their current cardboard- cut-out board of directors.......but like the Murphy's, I'm not bitter....

Sorry to hear this. What's their goal though? They don't attend games, they don't invest and seemingly don't care and I would imagine they have to financially support the club(?) and must be well out of pocket overall.  So what is the point?

I grew up in Cefn Mawr, a stones throw from Rhosymedre.... Small world!

I still pinch myself to believe we have such great owners. This is not in anyway me putting the boot in or gloating by the way. But never thought it would happen. They have stuck to their word and delivered everything they said they would and more. Any fan would struggle to find any faults. There's been a few niggles here and there,  teething issues but they have all been resolved and washed away by our recent success. Things like ticketing issues etc. Caused by unprecedented demand. 

Under Fan ownership the money had run out, fans were sick of the small clique of fans running the club who were hell bent on staying in control despite all their lies, bare faced deceit and shambolic running of the club. Any transfer money we had got wasted and fans stopping contributing to the Trust as a result. Resolutions were ignored even though they were voted for. In my experience fans can save the club but not run it long term. There's a reason there are so few and even fewer who enjoy any sort of success. Then covid hit and we were in serious trouble. I don't think we would've survived without the takeover.

The FA have blood on their hands and so the the EFL. Until they get a grip of the ownership of football clubs more will go under. 

• Like 3

wxm801 

In a nutshell.

The situation with our owners is they fund the club from Indian corporation profits to the tune of 10-20 million to cover losses per season whilst basically ignoring it.

The people in charge here are decimating it bit by bit in what can only be described as managed decline to a low cost model. They also transferred the ownership of the training ground recently then borrowed against it.

Also back in India they are now under investigation for potential fraud and have had some assets seized meaning they are finding it difficult to send money to fund Rovers now. This is just the latest in a long line of odd things that happen under this ownership whilst the club shows no ambition to try and live up to our illustrious history and his happy to tread water whilst the bizarre ownership loses money and the director(s) fill their pension funds.

Now you might have an idea why our crowds are what they are.

• Like 3

On 09/01/2024 at 07:33, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Should be an interesting game and they will have a good following,if JDT takes this easy could well be a Banana skin.

Hope the pricing is sensible for all.

http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/123519-fa-cup-draw-live-blackburn-v-wrexham.html

Won’t be a problem, unlike Mowbray jdt puts lower league sides to the sword and values the cups, if it was borebray I would write us off cause his negative loser mentality prevents him from realising how much good a cup run does 

On 09/01/2024 at 05:27, Ossydave said:

Just reading some comments from Wrexham fans, they're completely underwhelmed by the draw, who the feck do they think they are?

Safe to say as well as a sizeable allocation, half the country will be behind them as everyone seems invested in the 'story' of Wrexham 🥱 

Some of them have grown an ego, some tried to poke fun at our support forgetting that before Hollywood turned up they was on crowds of 3k 

They are another club that has struck gold with geography too, only league club in north Wales and it’s a football area in contrast to much of the rest of Wales.

There will be plenty of folk sitting in that temporary Kop covering up their Liverpool and Everton tattoos.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

wxm801 

In a nutshell.

The situation with our owners is they fund the club from Indian corporation profits to the tune of 10-20 million to cover losses per season whilst basically ignoring it.

The people in charge here are decimating it bit by bit in what can only be described as managed decline to a low cost model. They also transferred the ownership of the training ground recently then borrowed against it.

Also back in India they are now under investigation for potential fraud and have had some assets seized meaning they are finding it difficult to send money to fund Rovers now. This is just the latest in a long line of odd things that happen under this ownership whilst the club shows no ambition to try and live up to our illustrious history and his happy to tread water whilst the bizarre ownership loses money and the director(s) fill their pension funds.

Now you might have an idea why our crowds are what they are.

If found guilty then what ? I don’t see what they get out of owning us rather than a tax dodge maybe ? All I want is to be run like we used too.. like a proper club, don’t care about budget just wanna support a well ran club again with the fans at heart 

• Like 6