BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Harry Pickering

The medium term future of the club appears to be getting sorted. I believe that’s both keepers and our back line now all contracted to at least 2025, some on deals up to 2027 

Tronstad is here until ‘26, Szmodics ‘27, Wharton has an option until ‘25 but it would be nice to get him tied down too, Travis ‘26

It’s looking a lot better than in the contract department since Broughton came. Now he just needs to try and find a striker……

• Like 6

A deal that makes sense, probably a very easy one to do too. Hes one of a small amount of solid Championship players we have left after the budget cuts. I dont think he has the capability to ever move a division up but hes certainly a reliable player in the Championship.

Since he joined, he has been everything that Bell wasnt. He can handle the ball, technically good, reliable, reads the game well, consistent and intelligent. His obvious weakness is he is very slow, often his positioning protects him defensively but it has been known that a quick winger can run him ragged.

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

The medium term future of the club appears to be getting sorted. I believe that’s both keepers and our back line now all contracted to at least 2025, some on deals up to 2027 

Tronstad is here until ‘26, Szmodics ‘27, Wharton has an option until ‘25 but it would be nice to get him tied down too, Travis ‘26

It’s looking a lot better than in the contract department since Broughton came. Now he just needs to try and find a striker……

would you consider selling adam wharton if it meant we could bring in a class centre forward?????

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

A deal that makes sense, probably a very easy one to do too. Hes one of a small amount of solid Championship players we have left after the budget cuts. I dont think he has the capability to ever move a division up but hes certainly a reliable player in the Championship.

Since he joined, he has been everything that Bell wasnt. He can handle the ball, technically good, reliable, reads the game well, consistent and intelligent. His obvious weakness is he is very slow, often his positioning protects him defensively but it has been known that a quick winger can run him ragged.

Yet Bell started in the Prem v Arsenal the other night. Funny old world.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Every time I have seen Bell for Luton he has been just like he was here. Maybe suits him playing for a team that has no interest in keeping the ball though.

Given that they are in the premier league maybe it's the keep ball tactics of the manager that were the problem.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Like Jason Steele I think Bell is just a player who is actually quite a lot better than the fans (including me) thought.

We can't be right every time.

But we aren't very often wrong either and both those we watched for several years and both got worse here rather than better. If they were any good here there'd have been a nice fat fee for both.

1 hour ago, Andy said:

I like him and glad he'll be sticking around.

Has improved under JDT and is a solid member of the squad, also able to cover at CB.

He definitely is a solid member of the squad, rather he stuck around.

But certainly never at CB. I know hes done the odd 20 minutes notably at Norwich but hes never a centre back and youd never want him starting a game there.

Hes our only left back so we cant afford to move him anyway.

15 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Scott is contracted until 2027.

16 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Both Adam and Scott Wharton have contracts until 2027, both signed under Broughtons watch

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2022/september/12/adam-wharton-signs-long-term-deal-/

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2023/march/29/scott-s-staying-/

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...