BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (h) - 3/2/24

55 minutes ago, pick32 said:

I’d love a clean sheet today, sounds mad but I’d rather a point at 0-0 than 3 points winning 4-3 

Yep, that sounds mad. 

• Like 9

39 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

qpr had a very good transfer window we did the opposite,we would have won easily with a few decent additions and adam still here now it`s a very even game,**** knows what will happen today,if we lose then i think the protest might start early(very optimistic hope by me!!!)

They brought in two players a forward that played 15 times for Schalke and scored 0 goals and Isaac Hayden who flopped at Norwich last time in this league. I’d say it was average to poor

2 hours ago, Rover8T4 said:

Looking forward to today's game. Plenty of off field rumours going on bringing a toxic debate between fans. The window is over with, Now all that matters is the squad we've got. Let's get behind the players and manager because on the pitch is what matters. You pay good money week in week out to support Rovers and the emotions we get will never change. 3 points #coyb

Sentiments absolutely agreed with,  let's support the manager and players (let's also give fair stick when it's deserved). We all want to get behind the team and will.

The bit I've highlighted in bold is where we disagree. Not for me.

Blackburn Rovers is far more than that. It's supposed to be the centre and pride of a town, a uniting of a community. When you have  people whove been going 60-70 years feeling disconnected and ignored, what goes on the pitch to me is importanr but secondary and what we see also reflects the way the club is run.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

No point quibbling with each other.

Yes, I think we'll be goosed if JDT walks out, yes I think we're goosed next season even if he doesnt unless the owners either sell up or at the very least resolve their financial issues before then.

However first things first, we need the 3 points today to try and stave off any possibility of relegation this season. I'm sure the fans in the ground will get behind the team like they always do. I don't blame anyone for either going to get behind the players or staying away in protest.

I stopped going this season after 53 years because amongst other things I was so fed up we surrendered a seemingly unassailable position 2 seasons running and I couldnt bring myself to put another penny in the pockets of Waggott and Broughton.

Then for me Waggott merely confirmed it was pointless attending until he leaves the Club when he said there's no pressure on results. What's the point in following a Club that isn't bothered if it wins or loses and whose only function is to develop players for other Clubs and sell a few of our own to keep the lights on?

Notwithstanding that, WE the fans (and the Head Coach) are desperate for us to do well and get the result today and I hope we do and everyone in attendance enjoys the game.

The battle to save the Club will continue regardless.

If we play as well as we did on Monday, we'll win.

Simple. 

I came on here petrified that he may have already departed.

We need JDT for at least this season, then we accept our dismal fate. Or protest or whatever, but I would like him to be with us til May, for the glorious cup run, if nothing else. 

Sorry to hear you have stopped attending, I tend to give in at the last min, and literally buy a ticket on the way to the ground. 

Interested to experience the atmos today, JDT will obv feel the love, if indeed he's allowed to attend!

We will pass QPR into submission, remind me of this bold claim at 5.15....

3 minutes ago, Bronzed A Donis said:

Sentiments absolutely agreed with,  let's support the manager and players (let's also give fair stick when it's deserved). We all want to get behind the team and will.

The bit I've highlighted in bold is where we disagree. Not for me.

Blackburn Rovers is far more than that. It's supposed to be the centre and pride of a town, a uniting of a community. When you have  people whove been going 60-70 years feeling disconnected and ignored, what goes on the pitch to me is importanr but secondary and what we see also reflects the way the club is run.

I can see where my mistake is in the wording And have put it across the wrong way. It was more to the point of the transfer window is now closed. Nothing else can be done for now. Let's get the results on the pitch to keep our championship status. Off the pitch is a different story. We all know where the issues are. But could become worse if results carry on the same way

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Some sort of international clearance issue maybe?

I'm sure that's all it is.

It was quickly reported after McGuire signed that he wouldn't be registered in time for today's game because he needed his work permit to be processed. If you recall, Tomasson also had to wait a good few days before his clearance came through before he started to work for the club.

Personally, I think it's just lazy reporting because match day has arrived and it's something to wind us up because McGuire isn't (and never was going to be) in today's match squad. The timing of the article stinks.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, goozburger said:

I'm sure that's all it is.

It was quickly reported after McGuire signed that he wouldn't be registered in time for today's game because he needed his work permit to be processed. If you recall, Tomasson also had to wait a good few days before his clearance came through before he started to work for the club.

Personally, I think it's just lazy reporting because match day has arrived and it's something to wind us up because McGuire isn't (and never was going to be) in today's match squad. The timing of the article stinks.

What article?

9 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

What article?

Here it is.

For what it's worth, a professional sportsperson can get their visa processed within five working days. That's the fastest you can do it. That's what Tomasson will have been through when he first joined and why we didn't see him for several days if people recall.

I'm not saying Rovers aren't prone to cocking things up, but on this occasion, I really do think it's a total nonsense article because it's likely McGuire's visa simply hasn't been fully processed given that it's only been one working day since he signed. I repeat, it was also reported yesterday that he wouldn't be able to play today which I think is for the aforementioned reason, and why all our other signings were fine to go ahead and play.

If you take a close read of the Rovers official article of his signature, they say in black and white that it is pending international clearance and visa approval. Those are the things that take time. The article by Talbot, however, is claiming that we didn't submit paperwork in time.

I would be amazed if the club would publish that article in full knowledge that the paperwork hadn't been submitted properly and on time. I'm sure they will have had confirmation by the EFL before announcing the signing and the formality of the work visa clearance.

Edited by goozburger
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Neal said:

Who's playing in centre midfield there? There's only Tronstadt who's an out and out recognised CM. 

The midfield will be made up of Tronstadt, Moran, and Szmodic. With Garret and Fleck ready to come on for the last twenty minutes, to shore up midfield if/when required, to protect a lead. 

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1