BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (h) - 3/2/24

• Backroom
1 hour ago, garnersfags said:

It's hard to see the fans tearing each other apart. 

Prob better for us all to focus our negative energy on the owners and not each other. 

Difficult times...

Completely understandable reaction to my post. But whenever anyone sticks up for Venkys, they put themselves firmly in the company of Burnley fans.

Whereas when I get accused of being a Dingle in return, they can point to nothing but ‘negative’ or ‘don’t have a season ticket’.

When I say some fans didn’t deserve Jack, I feel I’m being kind.

Yes I would love a united fanbase, but it cannot be one that blindly supports and excuses the ongoing bullshit.

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Completely understandable reaction to my post. But whenever anyone sticks up for Venkys, they put themselves firmly in the company of Burnley fans.

Whereas when I get accused of being a Dingle in return, they can point to nothing but ‘negative’ or ‘don’t have a season ticket’.

Yes I would love a united fanbase, but it cannot be one that blindly supports and excuses the ongoing bullshit.

100%.

I have no tolerance for people denying reality.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mike E said:

I've noticed that there are plenty of Venky friendly Rovers supporters that live far away from Blackburn.  Also African fans piping up too, usually wearing a Liverpool shirt on their profile.

Some of them get player names wrong, some of them even get the games/match time wrong. I saw someone from down South claim that Tony Gayle was older than McFadzean when he won a Premier League title winners medal.

I'm not trying to fuel any conspiracies, but I do think social media allows people to pipe in with the merest passing interest. Or just bored wankers having a bit of fun.

Any of us could join the page any other club of any other sport in any other country and do the same.

Wouldn't have happened 20 years ago.

Those "fans" aren't invested enough to join up to BRFCS.

Strange times.

• Like 6

Pears

Hyam.  McFadz.   Wharton

JRC.     Sondre.   Ayari.     Chrisene

Dolan

Gally.        Szmodics

subs - Wahlstedt, O’riorden, Billy K, Siggy, Fleck, Moran, Garrett, Leonard.

Rovers - 3-1

• Like 1

Putting everything from the last week to the side for a brief moment, we need a win tomorrow.

I'm not one of those looking downwards, particular with only being a Burnley-handful of points from the top 6 and with a few home games coming up.

An early goal or two to settle us would be ideal, but let's see how we go...

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Andy said:

Putting everything from the last week to the side for a brief moment, we need a win tomorrow.

I'm not one of those looking downwards, particular with only being a Burnley-handful of points from the top 6 and with a few home games coming up.

An early goal or two to settle us would be ideal, but let's see how we go...

Top 6? Give it a rest for God's sake. Didn't you also assure us the financial issues were a temporary blip that would be resolved shortly before the end of the summer window?

We're 11 points off top 6 and if we lose tomorrow will be 5 points of the bottom 3.

I do however agree that tomorrow's game is absolutely huge - the proverbial 6 pointer. Unfortunately however it still seems relatively insignificant in light of 

a) The speculation surrounding the head coach

and

b) The financial situation engulfing the Club.

You'd imagine also that if JDT is leaving the morale amongst the players would be absolutely on the floor - particularly amongst the ones who have just joined and would be wondering exactly what they'd walked in to.

So whilst the financial woes arent going away let's hope therefore the managerial speculation is baseless and we can get the 3 points by hook or by crook.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, booth said:

I've noticed that there are plenty of Venky friendly Rovers supporters that live far away from Blackburn.  Also African fans piping up too, usually wearing a Liverpool shirt on their profile.

Some of them get player names wrong, some of them even get the games/match time wrong. I saw someone from down South claim that Tony Gayle was older than McFadzean when he won a Premier League title winners medal.

I'm not trying to fuel any conspiracies, but I do think social media allows people to pipe in with the merest passing interest. Or just bored wankers having a bit of fun.

Any of us could join the page any other club of any other sport in any other country and do the same.

Wouldn't have happened 20 years ago.

Those "fans" aren't invested enough to join up to BRFCS.

Strange times.

A lot of them will be paid accounts deliberately spreading disinformation.

Then there's the element of our fan base that have as much critical thinking ability as a pinecone.

It's pretty obvious where the consensus amongst them has been spawned from as all our problems are always down to anything and everything except the owners.

Wasn't their fault, badly advised.

Wasn't their fault, FFP

Wasn't their fault, players wouldn't sign contract

Wasn't their fault, shit fans

Wasn't their fault, EFL

Wasn't their fault, Indian government

Wasn't their fault.....

Just use your own fucking brain for once! That's if you've got one of course.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Then there's the element of our fan base that have as much critical thinking ability as a pinecone.

It's pretty obvious where the consensus amongst them has been spawned from as all our problems are always down to anything and everything except the owners.

Wasn't their fault, FFP

Wasn't their fault, EFL

Wasn't their fault.....

I suspect if you did IQ tests on everyone who supports rovers there would be a strong correlation between those at the bottom and those who “support” the owners. Unfortunately as dumb as they may be they’re still capable of concentrating all their brain power to squeeze out the sentence: “support the club dicks heads.” 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Top 6? Give it a rest for God's sake. Didn't you also assure us the financial issues were a temporary blip that would be resolved shortly before the end of the summer window?

We're 11 points off top 6 and if we lose tomorrow will be 5 points of the bottom 3.

I do however agree that tomorrow's game is absolutely huge - the proverbial 6 pointer. Unfortunately however it still seems relatively insignificant in light of 

a) The speculation surrounding the head coach

and

b) The financial situation engulfing the Club.

You'd imagine also that if JDT is leaving the morale amongst the players would be absolutely on the floor - particularly amongst the ones who have just joined and would be wondering exactly what they'd walked in to.

So whilst the financial woes arent going away let's hope therefore the managerial speculation is baseless and we can get the 3 points by hook or by crook.

Yes, the top 6 theory has run it's course. 

We are 11 points behind Coventry who are 6th and 25 points of Southampton who are 4th.

We are 8 points QPR who are 22nd.

Today is so near to being a must win.

Hopes for finishing 5th or 6th can be filed in the pan and flushed.

6 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Wasn't their fault, FFP

Wasn't their fault, EFL

Wasn't their fault.....

Must be a load of bots who go to games too as you hear all this again and again.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Must be a load of bots who go to games too as you hear all this again and again.

As we've seen with things like Brexit, COVID, Trump etc. online disinformation campaigns can be very effective.

The pro venkys one is pretty basic, it just appeals to the reptile brain element of the fan base.

You're the real fans, it's the 'negative' fans who complain or don't go to matches who are the problem.

Everything that the 'negative' fans say is wrong, the owners are brilliant it's not their fault.

Pretty basic cult indoctrination really. For those of us who have the ability to form a thought for ourselves it is beyond infuriating.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Upside Down said:

As we've seen with things like Brexit, COVID, Trump etc. online disinformation campaigns can be very effective.

The pro venkys one is pretty basic, it just appeals to the reptile brain element of the fan base.

You're the real fans, it's the 'negative' fans who complain or don't go to matches who are the problem.

Everything that the 'negative' fans say is wrong, the owners are brilliant it's not their fault.

Pretty basic cult indoctrination really. For those of us who have the ability to form a thought for ourselves it is beyond infuriating.

Spot on.

We need a Rovers version of the "Meidas Touch" YouTube channel which gives continuous pushback on all the Trump crap.

Propaganda works with constant repetition even when it's a p v p war.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

I'm not going today in protest at the sale of Adam Wharton, a Blackburn lad, Rovers season ticket holder and I'm sure someone who didn't want to leave this club at this stage of his career.

I don't care about paying bills, I don't care about keeping the lights on, this sale is one of the lowest points under these abhorrent owners and we have had many!

They'll be melting down the Jack Walker statue next for scrap.

VENKYS OUT

• Like 6

I’m with Gav not going today for exactly the same reason. Watching a lot of our own academy players made me feel proud even if results have been poor. That sale finished me no intention of developing and growing a team. Scoundrels from the top down. I just hope this Indian court case is the beginning of the end

Adam Wharton was always going to sold! And probably would have been kept until end of season if we had a chance!!

I am going today to see how the team shapes up without him. Still a few academics for me to watch.

COYB

• Like 2