BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (h) - 3/2/24

• Backroom

If tomorrow doesn't see some major moves on our part I hope JDT tears the owners a new one in the pre-match presser and resigns on the spot. We know they value their supposed pride and that would sting. 

Won't happen, but, if only. 

• Like 1

We have just sold Adam Wharton to Crystal Palace for £18,000,000, we should be looking in the transfer market to the last possible moment looking to strengthen the Rovers squad, and putting a decent run together to get in a respectable position in the Championship. My prediction 3-0 Rovers.

My concern for Saturday is the massive turnover we have had in players due to sales and injuries.... Will be a weird one... Think the team could be

Pears

McFadz.    Hyam.    Wharton

JRC.       Ayeri.       Tronstad.    Chrisene

Szmodics

Dolan.              Gallagher

I think not having a decent lwb/lb option is going to hurt us unless Chrisene looks the business. A lot now resting on Ayeri to look the part and Tronstad to stay fit.

Also with all the confusion and turmoil round the window, Adam Wharton going, not sure where the players and management morale will be.

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Crozzy said:

Am I right in thinking McGuire can’t play Saturday there’s still paperwork to be sorted regarding his visa and working rights etc?

The MLS are still in their early pre season so his fitness may be an issue too, in addition to the points you raise.

• Like 5

It's great that tomorrow we will have some actual football to focus on rather than the disappointment of the last few days and I'm looking forward to it. It will be intriguing to see if Tomasson gives McFazdean his debut but I don't know his fitness levels. If he does play will he to for a back three with McFazdean in the centre. I have read that he is better in a three as he relishes the physical challenge of playing up against a big centre forward and his lack of pace isn't exposed as much. Will O'Riordan get a game or even Koumetio? Suddenly Tomasson has defensive options after being depleted recently. I can't see McGuire or Fleck starting particularly the latter who must be way off in terms of fitness after very little football so far this season. QPR have one win in five but with a player like Chair in their team will always be dangerous. 

• Like 2

Incredibly tough to call how this one goes, it's a must win game for both sides. I'll go for a 2-1 Rovers win.

I'm predicting a back 3 and McFadzean to come straight in alongside Hyam and Wharton, with JRC able to move further up into a more attacking role.

The left hand side will be interesting. Sigurdsson was ineffective against Wrexham, he needs to be further up the pitch. Chrisene might be preferred if its more of a LWB role.

Tronstad and Garrett in the middle picks itself by default at the moment, unless JDT wants JRC more central, in which case we'd probably be looking at Moran on the right.

Gallagher, Szmodics and Dolan as the forwards. They all played well against Wrexham, no need to change that unless there's injuries.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, had.e.nuff said:

probably have to keep an eye on squad selection with this lot as we can only have 5 loan players in match day squad , we cant afford any points deductions.

Seeing as we only have 5 on loan, I think we can all breathe a sigh of relief on that score!

Moran, Chrisene, McGuire, Ayari and Koumetio are on loan

McFadzean and Fleck were short term permanent signings

Siggy has now signed permanently

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 2

Shame we didn’t pick up another striker as it’s going to be a couple of weeks before we see the MLS superstar.

Hopefully Dolan can pick up where he left off before his injury and Szmod can bag a couple. 

I’ll be interested to see how Tron and Garrett get on as that’s likely our midfield pairing for the rest of the season. Garrett now needs to step up.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, RoversTilliDie said:

We have just sold Adam Wharton to Crystal Palace for £18,000,000, we should be looking in the transfer market to the last possible moment looking to strengthen the Rovers squad, and putting a decent run together to get in a respectable position in the Championship. My prediction 3-0 Rovers.

a clean sheet! almost spat out my coffee

Odds on Damien Johnson taking the team for tomorrow? 👀

They could've said he was ill, or they could've said he was busy working with the new signings and preparing for what is a massive game in our season. The fact that they've just said that it's a 'club decision' is worrying. It's the last thing we need right now.

He’s fuming and I reckon likely to unleash his fury on the owners post-match, so as not to affect the team’s build up to a vital game 

A sensible decision me thinks but one that further highlights the incredible chaos that is now the new normal at Blackburn Rovers FC

Venky’s & Waggott OUT 🥀 🐔 

IMG_5666.jpeg

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

He’s fuming and I reckon likely to unleash his fury on the owners post-match, so as not to affect the team’s build up to a vital game 

A sensible decision me thinks but one that further highlights the incredible chaos that is now the new normal at Blackburn Rovers FC

Venky’s & Waggott OUT 🥀 🐔 

IMG_5666.jpeg

The games on tomorrow, the floodlights work. Sit down and stop moaning , your as bad as that danish lad. (Head =wall)