v QPR (h) - 3/2/24

2 hours ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Pears

Rankin Costello, Hyam, Wharton, Chrisene

Dolan, Tronstad, Garrett, Siggy

Szmodics

Gallagher

Must win!

Agreed, if it’s not “must win” time, I don’t know when it will be. 

Two points from the last 21? With that in mind, I’d nearly welcome a tie, but one point will not help us. We need 3’s to distance ourselves from catfish clubs below us. 

Rankin-Costello, Gally & Dolan are all welcome back, but Carter, Brittain & Pickering are disastrous losses. with these things in mind, I will say, 

3-2. prayer & practice 

5 minutes ago, M_B said:

It's Garrett's shirt to lose now, it's up to him, what an opportunity. 

He should have lost it with his awful performance midweek.

He is so limited on the ball, I think part of the reason that Tomasson often uses him further forward is perhaps because he doesnt trust him as if he loses it there, it can end up in our net as it did v Wrexham.

If he is seen as a potential Wharton replacement then that is one hell of a downgrade. He has something about him but he is not Championship ready yet but as ever, the owners cut back and the academy is expected to do some unrealistically heavy lifting regardless of when players are ready. See also Leonard and even Batty who was the reason given in the summer as to why we didnt sign a left back.

• Like 7

Sadly, I feel the negativity around the club and it's clearly troubled finances will negate any optimism or momentum coming from the routine dispatching of the Welsh contingent on Monday evening. I think QPR will come to the game looking to put our heads down early, then use their own guile and shithousery (which we have lost since Trav was shipped off to tractorland) to shut up shop.

Without the luxury of any superior quality on the bench it is becoming harder and harder for JDT to be able to shuffle the pack during a game if things aren't going our way. His hands are tied, the energy and spirit of the club is being leeched out, and we have less and less means of turning things around. 

I couldn't care less about how QPR play, I know nothing about who their players (or manager) are and I don't give a shit where they are in the league. All I know is that Blackburn Rovers are holed below the waterline, apparently dead in the water, with a captain (JDT) who is desperate to get to land but who appears to know the ship is sinking. The mayday calls are there for all to hear.

I wouldn't be surprised if JDT was not at the club when the barcodes arrive in town in late Feb, as the owners of the club clearly don't care about anything but driving down costs and recouping some of the cash they've ploughed in over the past years. He  will be off as soon as the first viable lifeboat comes alongside, and who can blame him?

As for the game, we will labour, we will huff and puff, and stroke the ball around, and Sammie will power everything but the floodlights with his amazing energy. But in the end, our glass jaw will break our Rovers supporter hearts a little more.

Rovers 1 QPR 2

GET THE FUCK OUT, VENKYS

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Upside Down said:

VENKYS OUT!

All talk no action you, but agreed.

Did anyone in the ground actually see the banner brought out on 85 minutes and again after full time against Wrexham?

Unfortunately I can’t make the QPR game but the Newcastle game is another great opportunity against another side with new owners who are present and care about the club they have bought! And let’s face it, we’ll likely get spanked.

Needs more numbers and co-ordinated action in the ground. Is anyone else actually going to do anything or just keep moaning online?

IMG_5666.jpeg

Edited by DuffsLeftPeg
  • Like 2

I actually think we will beat QPR. God knows why, just a feeling. 

Whats our squad availability? (guessing who ever we sign wont be available sat, seems to always be the case "must get them up to speed blah blah blah").

if a 3 I think JDT goes with this horrific open 3-2-5 style:

Pears

oriordan hyam wharton 

Dolan JRC  tronstad Sigurdson (RATHER chrisene)
               moran
       sammie Gallagher

bench\options: telalovic, chrisene, ayari, markanday garret+ maybe some new signings

personally I wouldnt play sigurdson wide in that formation. Moran Im not a fan of and dont like he plays over our other kids.

Wish we had signed wingbacks with pace to get up and down and workrate.....

2-1 or 3-2 rovers.  

Edited by ruggles1995

3 hours ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

Did anyone in the ground actually see the banner brought out on 85 minutes and again after full time against Wrexham?

Unfortunately I can’t make the QPR game but the Newcastle game is another great opportunity against another side with new owners who are present and care about the club they have bought! And let’s face it, we’ll likely get spanked.

Needs more numbers and co-ordinated action in the ground. Is anyone else actually going to do anything or just keep moaning online?

IMG_5666.jpeg

No one cares anymore mate. I saw that at the Wrexham game. 

Our team:

Anybody who is still here not on crutches

We slaughtered them at Loftus Road with a line up paradoxically not that different from the players available for Saturday.

They have had their post Ainsworth bounce and are back struggling again.

A must not lose for us but realistically a great chance to start rebuilding league and home form.

I almost expect Szmodics to move closer to a goal a game with this one...

12 hours ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

IMG_5666.jpeg

I live on the other side of the world and have never given a penny to venkys in 13 years.

Haven't been to Ewood since that bald cunt was made the manager.

I do however make sure to bring the point up that venkys are the root cause of all of our problems whenever I see people talking absolute bollocks blaming this or that.

Maybe there's more I can do but I'm somewhat limited.

I absolutely applaud your efforts and am sure that you will find yourself with more and more people joining you as the weeks go by.

• Like 2