BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Eustace Or Useless?

Whilst iv'e seen nothing other than the basics being restored in defence which is pretty standard for any British coach the other side of the coin is we could have had a guy come in to dominate possession every game, play a higher line, look prettier....and lost the last two 1-0.

We've seen that before.

Rule of thumb under this ownership is it could always be worse.

14 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I think playing 5 defenders throughout a very winnable home game and being pleased with a point is a big sign of what John Eustace potentially is unfortunately.

The players dont look like they know what they are doing, no one has any idea what the tactics are going forward beside the occasional hoof in the air to no one in particular. We arent creating chances and we arent keeping clean sheets. Even the set pieces are confused, it seemed like we would be going to put crosses into the box with more height under him but that mess in injury time summed up a confused, disjointed and dysfunctional performance and we did a similar corner in the first half.

Its hard to know what to make regarding his time at Birmingham, I wonder if he got sacked at a good time in terms of his reputation. His full season there was unremarkable and although they were 6th when he left, it was 11 games in and with a favourable fixture list, Rooney then followed with 5 really difficult fixtures so it might have been a bit misleading at such an early stage.

He obviously has inherited a poor set of players but youd expect a bounce and all we have had is lifeless and soul destroying performances. He comes across as a dullard and his teams portray that.

How have you managed to determine that John Eustace is stupid?

That's some judgement you have made there. On a par with Mercer and his terrace analysis of Benson

Edited by Dreams of 1995

18 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

How have you managed to determine that John Eustace is stupid?

That's some judgement you have made there. On a par with Mercer and his terrace analysis of Benson

When did I describe him as stupid?

32 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

When did I describe him as stupid?

15 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

He obviously has inherited a poor set of players but youd expect a bounce and all we have had is lifeless and soul destroying performances. He comes across as a dullard and his teams portray that.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

We were possibly heading down under Tomasson, and we'll possibly still go down under Eustace.

JDT this, Eustace that......to argue the toss between them is moot and is ignoring the root issues.

Whoever the manager is, they'd struggle to get much of a tune out of this lot of players.

The idiots that run our club; the fools who own us but don't do anything in the best interests of the club; the diabolical transfer policy and awful player recruitment. Those are the reasons we find ourselves where we are. What we see in the dugout and on the pitch are merely symptoms.

Yep, we're possibly heading down under Venkys, for the third time.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, arbitro said:

You were wrong in what you said. So now because it was October it doesn't count?

By all means you can praise Eustace for getting draws after going behind but using Tomasson to justify your point is just a cheap shot.

I'm not praising anybody, just pointing out a couple of positives, in my view. 

I don't really care if he leaves tomorrow, or if they all leave tomorrow, gone are the days of pinning colours to the mast for any manager or player, they don't exist any more. 

I don't think I've criticised Tomasson on here before, it was a reaction to some criticising Eustace after 2 minutes when he's picked up the baton from the  mess that was left behind. 

Honestly, if I've hurt your feelings I apologise, but don't be worrying about Tomasson because just like all the others, he's moved on and he doesn't care. 

Here's hoping Eustace or whoever is in charge by Saturday gets a win. 

On 06/03/2024 at 08:25, CambridgeRover said:

The biggest clowns were the fans who said, "JDT got everything he needed from the window and we had a great Jan window"

What planet were those people on

Did anyone say that?

• Like 1

Any statheads remember what mowbrays run of results where when he first took over and lead us to religation? 

I don't recall it being much different to Eustace (ie lots of draws and a few critical loses) I don't recall him getting this kind of stick though (and the squad that we had that season probably had a little more quality and strength in depth) 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

• Backroom

Mowbray won two of his first three matches (away draw against Burton two days after he was appointed, two home 1-0 wins against Derby and Wigan). We then only picked up 4 points from the next 21 available, a run which basically relegated us. Four draws in a row and then three defeats. We finished the season with three wins and two draws, but the damage had been done. 

Most likely Mowbray's initial results will prove to be slightly better than Eustace by way of those early two victories, but there won't be much between them. Goes without saying that the reason Mowbray probably got less flak was because he took over from a dismal joker in Coyle, who the majority of the fanbase hated. Eustace has taken over from JDT who was nowhere near as reviled, albeit sections of the fanbase never took to him after he spoke the truth rather than pretend everything was OK.

• Like 3

All speculation of course but I reckon JDT would have got more points from the games that useless has had.

As for Mowbray, he was a dolloper on the scrap heap that should have never been here. Received some kind of bizarre Messiah status among some of our fans for simply not being as shit as all the other managers we've had under venkys.

Interestingly a lot of fans didn't take to JDT despite him being the only good manager that venkys have ever employed.

Useless is more on par with the rest of the wank we've had in terms of ability. It's his disrespect towards a former Champions League winner that achieved more at this club than anyone else under venkys, all with fewer resources, and his bullshit gestures to the fans to keep your chin up, as if we've no right to be absolutely furious with the situation we're in puts him in the Coyle and kean category.

Every single game you play is must win. If it isn't then you shouldn't be playing.

• Like 4

I’m angry just reading about what he has said in here. I haven’t had the stomach to actually listen to any yet. That is itself tells a story I guess.

• Like 1