BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Eustace Or Useless?

13 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Yes, be they bots, plants or just straight up braindeads there were people out there saying we actually had a good January transfer window. 

I don't want to argue but did they say considering the cuts that came in at the last minute and the budget we actually ended up with, they did well.

Because that is not the same as saying I think JDT got everything he needed.

For what it's worth I think we failed to get value even considering what little we spent. Leo is terrible. The strikers might as well never have arrived and the loans have been shite. Siggy might get a passing grade if you are feeling generous.

Edit: I spoke about summer rather than January sorry. January was significantly worse than summer.

Edited by Blow-in

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

This one seems appropriate today.

50s Rapahel Tuck - Useless Eustace - Stop the ball -001.jpg

That was 100000% gally yesterday when he shit out like a coward of the challenge in the first half . I'd of dragged the soft bastard off there and then . Is there more of a soft arsenal in football for a 6ft 4 striker..

Epitomised everything that is wrong with the deep roots of the club did that

The issue with games like yesterday and Birmingham away, is that we have still conceded as many chances as we regularly would under JDT but without the attacking prowress.

The only “it wouldn’t have been any better under JDT” argument I have is how bad the QPR game was. Otherwise, like many I feel we would have lost a few but won a few during this run under JDT and had more points. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ABBEY said:

That was 100000% gally yesterday when he shit out like a coward of the challenge in the first half . I'd of dragged the soft bastard off there and then . Is there more of a soft arsenal in football for a 6ft 4 striker..

Epitomised everything that is wrong with the deep roots of the club did that

The worst bit was, if he'd made the effort and won the ball, SS would have been clean through.

I can’t watch or listen to his rubbish, he’s just another Kean, talking absolute rubbish and not seemingly watching the same games we are. 

At least JDT had pride and spoke with honesty, even if his tactics were failing, this guy is a journey man and taking a wage for misleading us fans and talking rubbish. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The Gull said:

I can’t watch or listen to his rubbish, he’s just another Kean, talking absolute rubbish and not seemingly watching the same games we are. 

At least JDT had pride and spoke with honesty, even if his tactics were failing, this guy is a journey man and taking a wage for misleading us fans and talking rubbish. 

I think if he just came out and said "we were second best, we've got some stuff to go and work on in the week ahead" I'd be able to stomach him a bit more. Fans appreciate honesty, they generally don't appreciate blatant lying, especially after over a decade of it from almost everybody associated with the club.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, RTM08 said:

I think if he just came out and said "we were second best, we've got some stuff to go and work on in the week ahead" I'd be able to stomach him a bit more. Fans appreciate honesty, they generally don't appreciate blatant lying, especially after over a decade of it from almost everybody associated with the club.

This is what is rubbing a lot of fans the wrong way, myself included.

Trying to bullshit the fans about things they've just seen with their own eyes is not the best plan, when you've just walked through the door.

• Like 2

On 09/03/2024 at 22:47, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Any statheads remember what mowbrays run of results where when he first took over and lead us to religation? 

I don't recall it being much different to Eustace (ie lots of draws and a few critical loses) I don't recall him getting this kind of stick though (and the squad that we had that season probably had a little more quality and strength in depth) 

The first Mowbray game i saw was Barnsley at home and i knew then we'd go down and probably posted it on here.

Team was shite, defence made mistakes and his tactics were odd and in the first several games i saw nothing to make me think he was the man for the job.

Of course that wonderful hindsight tells us if he'd maintained that record over a season we would have stayed up but the reality was neither he nor the squad had enough about it for almost half a season to do enough.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Andy said:

Trying to bullshit the fans about things they've just seen with their own eyes is not the best plan, when you've just walked through the door.

That's what's giving me kean vibes.

Obviously he's a long way to go before he'll even get near to being as bad as kean but he's of that mould.

• Like 2

On 10/03/2024 at 05:47, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Any statheads remember what mowbrays run of results where when he first took over and lead us to religation? 

I don't recall it being much different to Eustace (ie lots of draws and a few critical loses) I don't recall him getting this kind of stick though (and the squad that we had that season probably had a little more quality and strength in depth) 

In his first 7 games Mowbray had 2 wins and 5 draws.

This was followed by 3 defeats.

That season in 15 games he had 5 wins, 7 draws and 3 defeats.

We won the last 2 games v Villa whose fans cheered for us wanting Brum relegated and v Brentford who were sunbathing. Those results distort imo what was actually happening.

Mowbray was also stuffed by the German crook chucking the game Hudds v Brum.

The draws at Burton and later at Wolves and the home defeat to Barnsley screwed us.

I make that a haul of 22 points from a possible 45.

I was against Mowbray from day 1, on the basis that if you recruit from the scrap heap you get rubbish, but he and we were unfortunate to be relegated with 51 points.

Eustace has still got to win a game! Damien ran the Stoke game, that view has been endorsed by the LT and other sources.

If Eustace can get a total of 22 points from all the games that he will be in charge of this season he will be acclaimed, rightly, as a miracle worker and save us from relegation.

He won't get 22 points.

Relegation, not over till it's over, so many permutations of results are possible but ours is probably the hardest run in so the odds are stacked against us 

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

In his first 7 games Mowbray had 2 wins and 5 draws.

This was followed by 3 defeats.

That season in 15 games he had 5 wins, 7 draws and 3 defeats.

We won the last 2 games v Villa whose fans cheered for us wanting Brum relegated and v Brentford who were sunbathing. Those results distort imo what was actually happening.

Mowbray was also stuffed by the German crook chucking the game Hudds v Brum.

The draws at Burton and later at Wolves and the home defeat to Barnsley screwed us.

I make that a haul of 22 points from a possible 45.

I was against Mowbray from day 1, on the basis that if you recruit from the scrap head you get rubbish, but he and we were unfortunate to be relegated with 51 points.

Eustace has still got to win a game! Damien ran the Stoke game, that view has been endorsed by the LT and other sources.

If Eustace can get a total of 22 points from all the games that he will be in charge of this season he will be acclaimed, rightly, as a miracle worker and save us from relegation.

He won't get 22 points.

Relegation, not over till it's over, so many permutations of results are possible but ours is probably the hardest run in so the odds are stacked against us 

Mowbray wasn't good enough and neither is this Mon.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Mowbray wasn't good enough and neither is this Mon.

I said "if you recruit from the scrap heap you get rubbish" for a reason.

Now that I've corrected the auto speller typo!

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2

Go away with the Steve Kean comparisons. As Matty says, he's a millions miles from it

I like how we had a thread dedicated to embarrassing things wrote on other Rovers forums. Hopefully, they have their own topic with screenshots of this thread. Embarrassing is an understatement

• Like 4

eustace is more ince like imo

talks a good game

has`nt got a clue what to do when the game is running and it`s not going our way

blames the players for his own lack of tactical prowess(his comments in telegraph about his players pressing) then bizarrely says we defended well,despite plymouths front two missing a hatful of opportunities🤣

after 7 games,i`ve seen enough,he is`nt up to the job,though comparisons with kean are a bit wide of the mark,he`s in a league of his own

57 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

eustace is more ince like imo

talks a good game

has`nt got a clue what to do when the game is running and it`s not going our way

blames the players for his own lack of tactical prowess(his comments in telegraph about his players pressing) then bizarrely says we defended well,despite plymouths front two missing a hatful of opportunities🤣

after 7 games,i`ve seen enough,he is`nt up to the job,though comparisons with kean are a bit wide of the mark,he`s in a league of his own

I don’t even think he talks a good game. The last 6 months of Mowbray I couldn’t listen to his interviews, even after a win.

JDT made me want to listen, even when his tactics were wrong he was honest and up front.

This idiot has me trying and turning off again after ten seconds with his book of key words.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, BG1492 said:

I don’t even think he talks a good game. The last 6 months of Mowbray I couldn’t listen to his interviews, even after a win.

JDT made me want to listen, even when his tactics were wrong he was honest and up front.

This idiot has me trying and turning off again after ten seconds with his book of key words.

i should have stated "talks a good game before kick off" after it,you are right,he talks complete b******s

21 hours ago, Andy said:

I haven't been overly keen on his sound bites either but I do think some of the criticism for them is way over the top.

Like for example I have seen him being called all sorts of names on Facebook more than on here for suggesting that Plymouth didn't create much in the match , but the interview I read he was referring to after we went down to ten men and they didn't create as many clear cut chances after it.

And then today an article in the telegraph and Eustace is saying the timing of our press being off was his reasoning for us being so open and Plymouth getting good chances prior to the sending off ,and that he had tweaked things tactically at HT but due to McFadzean being sent off we didn't see it being implemented 

• Like 1

A,blind man on a galloping horse could see where our problems were well before HT.  I'm a big Fadz fan, but he should've been subbed at HT & an extra man put in midfield so our back 4 (who aren't blessed with pace) could drop a little deeper. 

Don't treat us as idiots, that's all I'm asking right now. Oh, that & 3pts please!

• Like 3