BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Why are we in talks with John Fleck? He has a plate in his leg and has barely played any football in years. We took a stupid risk last time, got a kick after 17 minutes, didnt play again yet we dont learn from our mistakes. 

Just like the January registrations fiasco the idiots and chancers who run the club never learn from their mistakes. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

Tony Parkes and Simon Garner both came from non-League and didn't do too badly.  The lower leagues do throw up decent players.

Not at the age of 25. 

• Like 2

Offering fleck a new deal because no one else would want to join us I guess. Or we can't get the paperwork done. They probably see him as a good signing as he is in the door already. Less chance of messing up the paperwork 

4 hours ago, BankEnd Rover said:

They were awful…That Dempsey looked sharp when he came on but the rest were dog.

I'd take that Santos at cb (for a back 3) can't be slower than Mcfadz. Big unit and tough tackler. I've seen enough of Aaron collins to know he would struggle in champ.

Rest weren't up to much. Oxford were very good though i thought but could struggle next year. Would take that brannagan..

The only sense in any deal for Fleck would be appearance based. A fully fit Fleck would be an asset, but if he does sign I'd be amazed if he's in a position to feature much. Of course we won't look at anything like that, we'll pay him top whack to sit in the treatment room whilst moaning we've no money to cover wages of potential new signings.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Absolutely gutted for Sam Barnes. He was the best defender we had in the preseason that JDT joined. Not sure what’s happened for him to end up leaving…

I see Mcfadz AND Fleck are in contractual discussions too…😬

I agree on Barnes. He was ahead of Phillips in the match day squad until his injury, 2 years later, he needs regular first team football now and He will find a club, wouldn't surprise if someone like Stanley or Morecambe offered his contract and that chance for first team football. 

I agree with giving McFadzean a new contract. Gives us experience in the squad.

On Fleck, shows that Eustace wanted him stay. I hope its a very low wage contract with performance and game time related bonus type of contract cos he hasn't played regular for a season

13 hours ago, Neal said:

Didn't manage to watch most of today's game... Do Bolton have anything worth poaching? 

No one for me. They didn't turned up as a squad, they froze on the pitch. Oxford much deserved win

1 hour ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Connolly released by Hull

I would deffo take Connolly here. Its a free and worth offering him 3 years contract, only 24 years and got 8 goals in 28 games last season

Aaron Connolly’s 10 Hull City Goals! (youtube.com)

• Like 1

We're looking for a freebie from Crawley Town its reported. That gives us a clue as to how many millions we will not be spending whatever we get for Sammi. Same as with Wharton before him.

We are in a very bad state. The owners should do the decent thing and sell. The aim again, stated or not, will be to stay in this division.

Premier League football is but a distant dream.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, 47er said:

We're looking for a freebie from Crawley Town its reported. That gives us a clue as to how many millions we will not be spending whatever we get for Sammi. Same as with Wharton before him.

We are in a very bad state. The owners should do the decent thing and sell. The aim again, stated or not, will be to stay in this division.

Who? And who's reporting it? 

10 minutes ago, 47er said:

Do we know which player ? I watched them demolish MK Dons in the play offs and the midfielder, Liam Kelly looked a very good player. Nonetheless, the point you make is well made, what have they done to our once great club, heart breaking.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Do we know which player ? I watched them demolish MK Dons in the play offs and the midfielder, Liam Kelly looked a very good player. Nonetheless, the point you make is well made, what have they done to our once great club, heart breaking.

He is a young striker I think but i can't remember his name.

Are we really looking to sign Fleck who will be 33 in August and whose football has been very limited over the last 2 seasons after 2 broken legs and 3 leg operations?

The mind boggles - we never ever feckin learn.  I think someone in our medical department needs to have the  balls to stand up and say this would be a stupid move.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

Are we really looking to sign Fleck who will be 33 in August and whose football has been very limited over the last 2 seasons after 2 broken legs and 3 leg operations?

The mind boggles - we never ever feckin learn.  I think someone in our medical department needs to have the  balls to stand up and say this would be a stupid move.

That would be the strangest Venkies signing ever. On a par with my rugby league team signing a player with only one leg back in the day. 
I’ll take my hat of to Fleck though, anybody prepared to play football with a plate in their leg has bigger balls than I have. Either that or he has a slate loose.

1 hour ago, Penwortham Blue said:

I saw both games against Franchise FC and was impressed with several Crawley players. Kelly was very good but Orsi and Lolos also took the eye. I have seen Raith play several times this season too and really like the look of their goalkeeper Kevin Drabrowski. He is about 6' 5" and dominates his penalty area. Good shot stopper and with the ball at his feet. I don't get to snobbish about where the player comes from and use Szmodics as an example. If they are hungry and have some attributes that we can work on to make them Championship standard then I would go for them.

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

This thread is so very depressing.

It seems like we have now scraped through the bottom of the barrel and are rummaging through all the sh1t that lies beneath.

If anyone on this MB seriously thinks we are going to be paying fees this summer and bringing in quality additions then I think they are seriously, seriously deluded.

I think the die is cast and next season will be a long and torrid affair.

I really hope the Indian court actions in August bring about an end to the current ownership as, IMO, Rovers as a club needs fumigating from top to bottom and we need to start again under new ownership and senior management, at the bottom of the pile if need be.  We need a glimmer of light and hope. 

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 5

40 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Been released by Solihull Moors at the age of 25. Really Rovers ?

I’m sure Waggott and Eustace will put some Jamie Vardy spin on it. Season tickets are going to be flying off the shelves at this rate 😂

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Been released by Solihull Moors at the age of 25. Really Rovers ?

His contract has expired, that does not mean Solihull Moors have released him. He might not have wanted to sign a new contract with them. I am not saying it is a good move for the Rovers. The question should be, is he better than what we have already got ?

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, yankfan said:

Leonard is twice the player of Gally. Getting his wages off the books likely worth more than we’d get in a transfer fee 

Leonard does look to have a chance,but giving Gallagher away for free, who's played alongside Armstrong, Brereton and now Szmodics with their scoring records, wouldn't appear to be the best move for his progress. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, M_B said:

Leonard does look to have a chance,but giving Gallagher away for free, who's played alongside Armstrong, Brereton and now Szmodics with their scoring records, wouldn't appear to be the best move for his progress. 

It's more the fact that he's on £15k+ a week that's the problem. 

• Like 1