BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Ipswich Town (h) - Good Friday, 29/3/24, 17:30

1 minute ago, Waggy76 said:

When they sold Adam Wharton , the powers that be , knew exactly what they were doing !

To make matters worse , we replaced him with a croc and a has been! 

That was another aspect of the Broughton interview that annoyed me. He said that Palace met their valuation of Adam. However that didn't mean we had to sell him but they got him on the first train to London the following day. There was no clause about clubs meeting a certain fee, it was Rovers and Rovers alone who decided to sell him. And right now that looks like a decision that will pretty much cancel out the fee given what the cost of relegation will be.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

We were in utter freefall under JDT - and this is coming from one of his biggest fans on here. 

We looked liable to concede from every set piece - I was worried we were going to lose to Cambridge Utd at one point. 

Eustace has stabilised us. We deserved a point today (if not all 3 without Calamity Pears in net), but football sadly isn't about getting what you deserve. 

We were in free fall under JDT because in my opinion the players had downed tools and revolted as indicated by the Brittain and Scott Wharton interviews, Therefore I understand the need to change.

However since he’s gone we’re still shit despite them supposedly liking Eustace.

If we could switch managers back for the rest of this season at the moment in time I’d do it in a heartbeat.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

This is a fair point.

Now Adam Wharton has left which of the squad are really good enough?

I'd say one. Szmodics.

On occasion Scott Wharton and Dolan. The rest, forget it.

We're reaping the "benefits" of the Mowbray/Waggott/Venus era and after that having the worst CEO and DOF imaginable.

That's before you get onto the issues concerning the owners

Tronstad

• Like 2

Just now, DanielMB said:

Stop blaming the ref. We are awful. End of. 

Agreed. People are looking far too hard every week to blame officials for the slightest thing every week to cover our own shortcomings. Thought the decisions tonight were relatively marginal. Sometimes they get given sometimes they don't but if the boot was on the other foot you'd want the officials to make the same calls.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Hasta said:

We were in free fall under JDT because in my opinion the players had downed tools and revolted as indicated by the Brittain and Scott Wharton interviews, Therefore I understand the need to change.

However since he’s gone we’re still shit despite them supposedly liking Eustace.

If we could switch managers back for the rest of this season at the moment in time I’d do it in a heartbeat.

If they revolted then they need to be ushered out in the summer. Unprofessional.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Gamst said:

Kaminski playing for Belgium in midweek and Pears costing us a critical point on the weekend is a perfect example of how the Venkys are destroying us. 

I know it's "only" Luton but do you think TK actually didn't want to move to a Premier League side? 

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I don't rate him but fair enough.

He’s just ok.  People talk like Tronstadt has come in and been a revelation but he just does a job in there, same as Travis did. This isn’t his fault, but listening to some people talk you’d think he was the Championship Roy Keane.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

This is a fair point.

Now Adam Wharton has left which of the squad are really good enough?

I'd say one. Szmodics.

On occasion Scott Wharton and Dolan. The rest, forget it.

We're reaping the "benefits" of the Mowbray/Waggott/Venus era and after that having the worst CEO and DOF imaginable.

That's before you get onto the issues concerning the owners

Its astounding how many people you run through before getting onto the real problem. Including our assistant manager from 2 years ago. And even when you do get to them, its the issues surrounding them as if its not their fault.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Its astounding how many people you run through before getting onto the real problem. Including our assistant manager from 2 years ago. And even when you do get to them, its the issues surrounding them as if its not their fault.

It's astounding how you don't see anything else as a problem and give everyone else a free pass.

It goes without saying that ultimately its the owners fault that they keep these idiots in situ either intentionally or because they don't care enough to bother but even with them in overall charge you'd think we'd fare considerably better with proper people in charge on the ground.

• Like 1

We deserved much more than we got today. 2 good goals not given. Clueless ref(discussed more shortly), we played very well second half and the players gave everything on the pitch. Proud of the Players tonight. 

Thought Hyam and Wharton stop Moore influence the game and Pickering did very well after picking up an early yellow card. Hedges did well aswell as Dolan. 

Thought Ayari had a positive impact when he came on.  

Pears were at fault for the Ipswich's goal. Clear mistake by him. 

We had 2 good goals not given tonight. Szmodics isn't in the Keeper line of sight as the replays show and the decisions by Atwell and his linesman. The Watford players don't appeal for it either. As Sky Sports studio guests Nigel Pearson and Troy Deeney said at half time it was the wrong time. On Wharton foul on the keeper, the decision is wrong and Atwell yet again doesn't blown the whistle until the ball goes into the net from Moran. So why the delay? 

Atwell's performance tonight was embarrassing and pathetic. So many bad decisions made by him during the game. The standard of refereeing in this country is declining badly. Howard Webb, the PGMOL, The EFL and The FA do nothing to improve the standard of refereeing and Webb goes on TV and just pointless excuses for this pathetic and unprofessional set of match officials. Dermot Gallagher does the same every week on Sky Sports news on Monday. 

rant over now and lets go to Sunderland and win

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Hasta said:

He’s just ok.  People talk like Tronstadt has come in and been a revelation but he just does a job in there, same as Travis did. This isn’t his fault, but listening to some people talk you’d think he was the Championship Roy Keane.

Football is about opinions. 

I think he's more than ok, but it's hard to be anything more with the dross that's surrounding him in this team. 

If we stay up this season, I wonder if our target will be avoid relegation again until we go down. What does it take for our owners to sell up and Waggott to leave?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I know it's "only" Luton but do you think TK actually didn't want to move to a Premier League side? 

He went for too small a sum and we ‘replaced’ him with a young unproven keeper who has been shown to be vastly inferior. They made a small profit though and brought in someone cheaper. We are eroded as a consequence of their cost cutting. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It's astounding how you don't see anything else as a problem and give everyone else a free pass.

It goes without saying that ultimately its the owners fault that they keep these idiots in situ either intentionally or because they don't care enough to bother but even with them in overall charge you'd think we'd fare considerably better with proper people in charge on the ground.

Ive just posted that I want both Waggott and Broughton out.

Venkys choice to repeatedly employ and then retain incompetent staff members is far from their only damaging decision. In your head, it seems to be all they do wrong and then you focus on the individuals themselves for not just resigning out of pride.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hasta said:

20 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I don't rate him but fair enough.

Come off it lads - Him and Szmodics are by far the best players we’ve had this season. 

“He’s just okay” “ I don’t rate him”…Tronstad gets into any teams CDM role in this league without a shadow of a doubt.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Come off it lads - Him and Szmodics are by far the best players we’ve had this season. 

“He’s just okay” “ I don’t rate him”…Tronstad gets into any teams CDM role in this league without a shadow of a doubt.

lol. Fuck off 😀😀😀😀😀

You're on glue if you don't think Tronstad hasn't been one of our best players this season.

Tonight he was a bit sloppy, but over the season, he's been pivotal (and very consistent).

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Andy said:

You're on glue if you don't think Tronstad hasn't been one of our best players this season.

Tonight he was a bit sloppy, but over the season, he's been pivotal (and very consistent).

If you think Tronstadt is the best CDM in the Championship “without a shadow of a doubt” like @BankEnd Rover then you are on something stronger than glue.

Hes been one of our better players, but he’s not hugely better than Travis. This isn’t his fault and he’s in our starting XI currently quite easily but he’s just, decent.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

You're easily pleased, he's unavailable through injury more often than not as well.

57 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Thought we deserved a point today for our second half display.  Couldn't ask anymore of the players who I thought gave everything they had during that second period.  Still believe that we stay up.  The officials were appalling - but the same thing happens week after week and these guys still get appointed to games despite their performances.

The problem is, who would referee these games instead? There isnt a pool of superior referees waiting for a chance. VAR would improve these decisions but most are against it.

• Like 1

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Lots of blame on the shit ref but no mention of Britain pulling down Broadhead through on goal.

Doesn't that prove the shit ref theory. 

• Like 1