BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Ipswich Town (h) - Good Friday, 29/3/24, 17:30

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

We're not - we're no longer conceding multiple goals a game.

That said we're probably still going down because we sold our one outstanding player in January and didn't replace him. From a squad that was bereft of quality to begin with. 

One of our two outstanding players.

i don`t think much of eustace but in fairness to him,there is not much he can do to stop our decline,it`s on the owners and maggot

we played very well tonight but the lack of quality in the final third is evident,adam wharton would have been the difference tonight,thanks to our owners he no doubt watched it on the telly,can`t legislate for our no1 crap keeper,at least he`ll be off in the summer if we get relegated

the officials were  an absolute disgrace,heard sammie got in the way of the goalkeeper for our equaliser,is`nt that what strikers are supposed to do for ffs,attwell was always a tool,how he`s still reffing is a testimony to the nepotism of the officiating board,there is no accountability

I thought that we deserved at least a point today and we fought really well in the second half and really took command. We were very unlucky to have so many goals disallowed, especially the first one, as I thought that their left back played him onside. If it had been Ipswich scoring them the useless match officials would have allowed at least two of them.

But for a dreadful attempt at a save by Pears we could have won it. Goals change games. I thought that they were very nervy until they scored. Many supporters thought that we would get smashed by Ipswich, so to come away from the game feeling we were hard done to is encouraging. We are struggling to convert our chances but we are fighting hard to survive and that definitely gives me encouragement. If we can win a game and draw two or three I think we will be safe, staring hopefully on Monday At Sunderland. Surely our luck has got to change soon. 

Also, how many times does the ball drop to us around the box but we decide to take a touch before we shoot. Inevitably we get closed down.

Edited by Hasta

Just now, Hasta said:

Also, how many times does the ball drop to us around the box but we decide to take a touch before we shoot. Inevitably we get closed down.

That's because every single one of our players are mentally and physically weak.

When you're a proper man you hit it first time, when you're a soft little boy you take a touch.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cesus said:

To concede the softest goal of the weekend at one end and look at the other end with no recognised striker, simply fuck off Venkys. 

My thoughts exactly. Sell Kaminski and fail to replace him on the cheap. Sell AW and bring in a crock who lasted 15 mins. Mess up (another) transfer deal on deadline day meaning we have no striker to start a crucial game. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Can’t take you seriously sorry. 

Ok if you dont agree with me look at the stats. He's also so good that at the point JDT left we'd conceded the most goals in the Championship apart from Rotherham.

54 minutes ago, M_B said:

Mowbray left a squad which finished 8th then 7th,a platform on which to build.

it's the subsequent disastrous transfer dealings, or lack of, which has done the damage,you only have to look at the quality of loan players under Broughton and Tomasson.

There's double the number of "recruitment" staff, yet they're not a patch on the previous lot

Mowbray left a shell of a squad after all the loanees had left the and out of contract players walked out. I agree the situation has since been compounded even further by yet more disastrous recruitment.

42 minutes ago, arbitro said:

We'll never know for sure but I'm convinced we would have beaten Millwall and Plymouth if Eustace hadn't played a back five. Today, the Middlesbrough game and the second half at Swansea was the best we have played under Eustace. The common denominator was a back four.

Absolutely this - and I find it so infuriating that he squandered our best chances of getting wins by being so negative. Similarly, I fully believe we could have come away from Birmingham with 3 points had we played to the players strengths and passed the ball in the way that they were used to from the first half of the season, instead of him trying to force some kind of route one shite on a team that just didn’t have the players to do it. 

On a related note, given that we would pretty much all agree that Mowbray was very lucky to survive his regular runs of 9/10 games without a win, how long do we persevere with Eustace before we accept that we’ve dropped a bollock and cut our losses?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DaveyB said:

On a related note, given that we would pretty much all agree that Mowbray was very lucky to survive his regular runs of 9/10 games without a win, how long do we persevere with Eustace before we accept that we’ve dropped a bollock and cut our losses?

he`s maggots appointment,he won`t sack him,ever,he would`nt have sacked mowbray either,tony would still be here if the indians had`nt interjected for some reason

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Mowbray left a shell of a squad after all the loanees had left the and out of contract players walked out. I agree the situation has since been compounded even further by yet more disastrous recruitment.

He had just sold one of his signings for £15m. That money vanished. 2 other signings he had made generated offers totalling £12m that the owners declined. So under competent owners, any new manager should have come into a club that had £27m sat in the bank, some ready to spend to push us on. How much blame do the owners get for what was inherited?

We sign loads of loanees every season regardless of manager. That season, he signed them because his budget was minus £14.5m.

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

It’s a while since I thought we’ve been really hard done to, but I really believe we deserved all three points today. The officiating from start to finish was diabolical. Aside from the goals their keeper caught the ball a foot outside of his penalty area right under the liners nose. The time wasting was outrageous, and on several occasions the linesman on the Riverside and the ref both stood staring at each other with no idea of which way to award decisions.

We will beat Sunderland comfortably if we apply ourselves in the same way on Monday. Obviously the squad needs some serious restructuring in the summer though. 

I usually agree with everything you say, Duncan. But not a chance we win on Monday. Even if we do apply ourselves the same way, the same outcome as tonight will apply.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

tonights game will have taken a lot out of us,we won`t have the same energy for mondays game,the sheff wed game is the one that will decide our fate,rotherham have gone and huddersfield have nearly gone with their current form,that leaves one place left

Plymouth may be our saviours if not we are doomed...

Agree , with you about Rotherham and Huddersfield...

Coventry at home , just after or before the Cup Semi might be an interesting one .

We owe those cheating sods !

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, all you need is duff said:

Football is a game often decided by the odd goal. For that reason you can’t have your goalkeeper throw in as many goals as both of ours have this season. We are a poor team but would easily have enough points to survive with an average championship goalkeeper 

This regime under GB sold TK... Let's not forget that

10 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

he`s maggots appointment,he won`t sack him,ever,he would`nt have sacked mowbray either,tony would still be here if the indians had`nt interjected for some reason

Have to remember no one sacked TM

His contract ended and he ran it down.

Jdt was sold a lie and got fed up, called out Suhail and waggot in the media and left. 

Euseless is on a contract and is waggots guy so he won't get sacked

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, DaveyB said:

Absolutely this - and I find it so infuriating that he squandered our best chances of getting wins by being so negative. Similarly, I fully believe we could have come away from Birmingham with 3 points had we played to the players strengths and passed the ball in the way that they were used to from the first half of the season, instead of him trying to force some kind of route one shite on a team that just didn’t have the players to do it. 

I can’t see us firing him even if we lose every remaining fixture. It would cost some money. We don’t fire managers anymore as the owners aren’t interested enough to bother. Mowbray’s contract expired and JDT was so desperate to leave he made his position completely untenable. A proactive club who cared/paid attention might roll the dice again in an attempt to eke out a few extra points. A couple of wins would probably be enough. Instead we will hope to scrape a few draws and pray that the other clubs do worse. 

• Like 1

Before we even start of the corrupt useless bent Atwell if we had any kind of normal goal keeper we walk away from that with a point.

How many points have that pair directly cost us this season ?

Never known such a bad keeper dept in all mu time going it's just ridiculous it's like having Matt dickens and Darren collier as 1 and 2.  Both those lads proved decent lower level keeper and neither had the coaching and facililities this pair have grown up with.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Before we even start of the corrupt useless bent Atwell if we had any kind of normal goal keeper we walk away from that with a point.

How many points have that pair directly cost us this season ?

Never known such a bad keeper dept in all mu time going it's just ridiculous it's like having Matt dickens and Darren collier as 1 and 2.  Both those lads proved decent lower level keeper and neither had the coaching and facililities this pair have grown up with.

It's easily 10+ points between the pair of them. 

Rovers getting everything they deserve for shoddy transfer business.

• Like 2