BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Ipswich Town (h) - Good Friday, 29/3/24, 17:30

I really really want to like brittain but Jesus he is exposed as a poor full back time and time again. He can’t run and pass at the same time.

i disagree with those saying the goals were good , if any of them went against us we would be raging 

1 minute ago, Silas said:

Doesn't that prove the shit ref theory. 

Absolutely, I dont doubt that the officials were poor, just not a case of the decisions all benefitting Ipswich.

The only real solution to improving the accuracy of decisions would be VAR. I think its a matter of time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hasta said:

If you think Tronstadt is the best CDM in the Championship “without a shadow of a doubt” like @BankEnd Rover then you are on something stronger than glue.

Hes been one of our better players, but he’s not hugely better than Travis. It’s. It his fault and he’s in our starting XI easily but he’s just, decent.

At least you’re appreciating that’s he’s been one of our better players…For me I would have him in any top 3 teams CDMs.

39 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

This is a fair point.

Now Adam Wharton has left which of the squad are really good enough?

I'd say one. Szmodics.

On occasion Scott Wharton and Dolan. The rest, forget it.

We're reaping the "benefits" of the Mowbray/Waggott/Venus era and after that having the worst CEO and DOF imaginable.

That's before you get onto the issues concerning the owners

Mowbray left a squad which finished 8th then 7th,a platform on which to build.

it's the subsequent disastrous transfer dealings, or lack of, which has done the damage,you only have to look at the quality of loan players under Broughton and Tomasson.

There's double the number of "recruitment" staff, yet they're not a patch on the previous lot

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

i disagree with those saying the goals were good , if any of them went against us we would be raging 

Why on the JRC goal?

Szmodics isnt in the keepers line of vision and he doesn’t impede the keepers movement in any way.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

At least you’re appreciating that’s he’s been one of our better players…For me I would have him in any top 3 teams CDMs.

I agree. If we do get relegated god forbid! He would be one of the first players I would keep. Provided he would stay of course. Which, if he had any sense, he wouldn't. 

• Like 1

The idea that Mowbray and Venus did untold damage that we are still recovering from and that is mentioned above the owners is laughable. We had just finished 8th, we had sold one of Mowbrays signings for 15m the summer prior, none of which was reinvested. We also had Rothwell and Brereton thriving and attracting a further 12m of bids that could have further set up the club to reinvest although the owners declined and weve spent 5m and made over 25m more in sales since.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Whilst I was hugely disappointed to lose I actually thought we were good tonight and on another day would have had three points. But the stark reality is that we did lose and that is the most important thing. Our situation is becoming precarious and this drawing and losing sequence will see us relegated. In truth Ipswich got lucky tonight in my view. In the second half of was pretty much one-way stuff although we didn't create as much as we would have liked. I haven't seen the goal back but Pears looked horribly at fault. We were chatting and reckoned poor goalkeeping has cost us at least twelve points this season. Relying on just one man to score isn't too good either. We simply have to start winning games but really were are these going to come from. As good and important as Szmodicsas been this season I wish he would do more to try and stay onside.

My real ire tonight is aimed at the referee who gave by far the worst performance I have seen in a Rovers game for some time. He really tried to give the impression that the game was beneath him as he strutted about with an aura of arrogance. . I saw the disallowed goal back pretty much straight away and to penalise Scott Wharton for a foul on the keeper is shockingly bad. What made it worse was that he waited until we put the ball in the net before blowing. The decision lacked conviction and summed him up. Luongo and Morsy got away with persistent infringement as they broke play up and committed general shithousery to stem the flow of the game whenever we were gaining momentum.

Agreed that we were good. We've played a lot teams under Eustace and generally we have looked solid and competed well - Plymouth and Swansea notable exceptions. Ipswich are top of the table but very lucky to come away with the win today.

All that said its no use if we can't win games. We really really really need a win at Sunderland.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I never said he hadn’t been one of the better players. I said he’s been ok when most of our players this season have been poor.

Im just not sure he’s any better Travis. Numerous times today they played a ball to a man and he was stood 4 yards off him when he should have been tighter. His general positioning is not great. However he is far tidier on the ball than Travis. 

Edited by Hasta

Atwell got wound up when Ipswitch started wasted time, crowd got agitated and he didn't know how to deal with it. The goal that was disallowed when Sammie was in the eye of the keeper, which TV replays show was incorrect, was disallowed quite a while after ball his the net. This suggests the linesman had some doubt so why didn't Atwell go over to have a chat with him? Probably because he was wound up and couldn't focus.

We've witnessed a poor ref. Yet he a rising star and we'll see more of him officiating top games. Like in all jobs he'll learn from his mistakes. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Why on the JRC one.

He isnt in the keepers line of vision and he doesn’t impede the keepers movement in any way.

He was tho, he jumped over the ball , he had an impact on the defender and keeper so was offside. I wish it wasn’t but that’s the cold hard facts 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

It’s a while since I thought we’ve been really hard done to, but I really believe we deserved all three points today. The officiating from start to finish was diabolical. Aside from the goals their keeper caught the ball a foot outside of his penalty area right under the liners nose. The time wasting was outrageous, and on several occasions the linesman on the Riverside and the ref both stood staring at each other with no idea of which way to award decisions.

We will beat Sunderland comfortably if we apply ourselves in the same way on Monday. Obviously the squad needs some serious restructuring in the summer though. 

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

He was tho, he jumped over the ball , he had an impact on the defender and keeper so was offside. I wish it wasn’t but that’s the cold hard facts 

If that’s what you think having looked at the replay that is from behind JRC when he shoots then fine. But I disagree. He never crosses the keepers line of sight at any point and is behind the defender.

IMG20240329220928.jpg

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Agreed that we were good. We've played a lot teams under Eustace and generally we have looked solid and competed well - Plymouth and Swansea notable exceptions. Ipswich are top of the table but very lucky to come away with the win today.

All that said its no use if we can't win games. We really really really need a win at Sunderland.

We'll never know for sure but I'm convinced we would have beaten Millwall and Plymouth if Eustace hadn't played a back five. Today, the Middlesbrough game and the second half at Swansea was the best we have played under Eustace. The common denominator was a back four.

It feels like relegation is our destiny. Played well apart from the first 20mins. Ipswich started a lot more aggressive and were hungry for the points, no excuses for that John.

Eustace and rovers really need a win. We have had an awful points return against some pretty poor sides in recent weeks.

The squad is crying out for some wingers and a striker. Recruitment has been total shit for too long.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I would say a win against Sheff Wed would be more important.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

It’s a while since I thought we’ve been really hard done to, but I really believe we deserved all three points today. The officiating from start to finish was diabolical. Aside from the goals their keeper caught the ball a foot outside of his penalty area right under the liners nose. The time wasting was outrageous, and on several occasions the linesman on the Riverside and the ref both stood staring at each other with no idea of which way to award decisions.

We will beat Sunderland comfortably if we apply ourselves in the same way on Monday. Obviously the squad needs some serious restructuring in the summer though. 

Well, you’re much more optimistic than me. Pre match, I thought we might win today and thought we played quite well and were much the better of the two sides as Ipswich were very poor. Shithouse officials and shithouse tactics from Ipswich.

I do wonder when we will ever get an important late goal, it never seems to happen and as such, you have to question the mentality of the team. I’m praying we don’t but I think we are odds on to be relegated.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Well, you’re much more optimistic than me. Pre match, I thought we might win today and thought we played quite well and were much the better of the two sides as Ipswich were very poor. Shithouse officials and shithouse tactics from Ipswich.

I do wonder when we will ever get an important late goal, it never seems to happen and as such, you have to question the mentality of the team. I’m praying we don’t but I think we are odds on to be relegated.

Doesn't help that we hang onto the ball for so long in stoppage time and still choose the backwards pass.

Szmodics is the only player that isn't scared of scoring.

11 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I didn’t see tonight’s game. What worries me is we’re try to play a Big Sam type game with JDT type players. The problem is we have no alternative at the moment.

We didnt really play like Big Sam at all (and just as well with Dolan and Szmodics upfront). To be honest it was quite similar to JDTs style but committing fewer players forward. Lots of one two touch combinations and overloads out wide. A lot of unforced errors but also some really good flowing passing moves which were reminiscent of earlier in the season.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

He’s just ok.  People talk like Tronstadt has come in and been a revelation but he just does a job in there, same as Travis did. This isn’t his fault, but listening to some people talk you’d think he was the Championship Roy Keane.

He's definitely not that. He's not a total fuckwit.