BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (a) - 10/04/2024

10 hours ago, tomphil said:

Rovers were on for a back to back promotion back to the top league but missed out on goal difference due to a 0-0 at Bristol on the final day.  If Preston had beaten Swansea at home it would have been enough to see Rovers over the line but they bent over and got rogered.

5000 Rovers fans headed down to Bristol and clashed at various Mway services with Swansea fans heading to Preston.

'It was on that famous Saturday the second day of May we met a bunch of Swansea fans on the motorway, we said we'll win promotion, we said we're going up, but on the famous Saturday Preston fucked it up, na nan na'

A Kevin Stonehouse goal won the game 1-0 for us but Preston had folded.

Thankfully Preston only folded in the first half and hit 4 in the second against Huddersfield last night 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I hope not. 

Hopefully this is for Bristol City consumption.

It basically says we could play anyone anywhere in any formation.

Edited by philipl
  • Like 1

Just read Arnor Sigurdsson and hedges both out for season! Wtf. The lack of investment is atrocious. 

Hedges is ok. He wouldn't even be in my ideal starting 11 but it's what we have and he isn't with us now. It's so frustrating. May as well promote Gilsenen to the first team for the last few games because it's unlikely we will invest in the summer. No point " protecting him" if we can't protect a fragile hedges or a fragile jrc. 

14 hours ago, Devon Rover said:

Unexpectedly I can now get to tomorrow's game but tickets are off sale. Any advice on options for getting tickets for me and my son? Shame to miss it. 

Did you manage to get tickets mate?

37 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Just read Arnor Sigurdsson and hedges both out for season! Wtf. The lack of investment is atrocious. 

Hedges is ok. He wouldn't even be in my ideal starting 11 but it's what we have and he isn't with us now. It's so frustrating. May as well promote Gilsenen to the first team for the last few games because it's unlikely we will invest in the summer. No point " protecting him" if we can't protect a fragile hedges or a fragile jrc. 

I genuinely don't think either JDT or Eustace think he's good enough.

• Like 1

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

I genuinely don't think either JDT or Eustace think he's good enough.

He's not. He fluffed it for us last season in that vital match and we haven't really missed him this season apart from the depth. Problem is who will take him?!

I also hope we sell siggy. We need the cash to spend and it won't come from anywhere else

25 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

He's not. He fluffed it for us last season in that vital match and we haven't really missed him this season apart from the depth. Problem is who will take him?!

I also hope we sell siggy. We need the cash to spend and it won't come from anywhere else

After the reaction to the Sunderland result, common consensus on here  was that Eustace had our best front 4 out. Got to admit he'd definitely be in my first 11.

I think the reply above to your post meant Gilsenan, Eustace put Hedges back in as soon as he was available. 

• Like 3

Hedges is 100% in our best 11. He's probably the best footballer we have now. If he had Szmodics' natural fitness he'd be fantastic at this level

I don't think we'll have as much success this game as we did against Southampton. They aren't as slow on the ball, which allows us to get back in to shape. The way Eustace sets his team up suits the underdog more. In games where we should dominate the ball more, the lack of quality and attacking emphasis will show up more

Going to go for another bore draw

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

I'm talking about Gilsenan. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I'm talking about Gilsenan. 

Yeh noted. Fair enough. 

They've seen more of Gils than I have. Hope he is one for the team in the future because I can't see us signing anyone decent 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Hedges is 100% in our best 11. He's probably the best footballer we have now. If he had Szmodics' natural fitness he'd be fantastic at this level

I don't think we'll have as much success this game as we did against Southampton. They aren't as slow on the ball, which allows us to get back in to shape. The way Eustace sets his team up suits the underdog more. In games where we should dominate the ball more, the lack of quality and attacking emphasis will show up more

Fair fair.

Well this platform is all about debates which is why it's great. We will miss hedges but I'm not a fan because he represents everything about the ownership and direction of the club. He's just about good enough for our current team but rarely there, both of which mean he shouldn't be near our first team but the standards have dropped so much we actually want him in the team

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

Ayari also missing for a few weeks. Really hope JRC and Tronstad last the distance because there is only Garrett left waiting in the wings (possibly Chrisene I suppose too) for CM.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I'm lukewarm on Hedges. I don't think he really excels at anything in any position to be honest, but he's tidy enough on the ball and reasonably quick and broad shouldered. Lots of our other options are lacking either in size or ability, so he balances the team and doesn't go missing like others have the tendency to do.

I'm happy enough to have him in the squad, but if he's comfortably in our best XI then it doesn't say much about the rest of them to be honest. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I'm lukewarm on Hedges. I don't think he really excels at anything in any position to be honest, but he's tidy enough on the ball and reasonably quick and broad shouldered. Lots of our other options are lacking either in size or ability, so he balances the team and doesn't go missing like others have the tendency to do.

I'm happy enough to have him in the squad, but if he's comfortably in our best XI then it doesn't say much about the rest of them to be honest. 

This is the point.

We should be expecting better than blimming hedges. 

Reality is we are in a relegation battle and we don't even have depth

1 hour ago, WacoRover said:

I’m a Cardiff fan today; brum needs to go down 

Was talking to a lifelong Brum fan on Sunday - he was convinced they are going down. Their fans are still v unhappy about the sacking of Eustace and blame that for the situation they are in now.

• Like 2

Team for tonight

Rest key players Gally, JPC (Joe Poppadom-Costello), Ronnie Pickering & Wharton with the quick turn around before the Leeds game

Rest assured Eusless will revert to boring and stick with the same as Saturday with Markanday in for Hedges OR even go a defensive 3–4-3 and bring Carter in as a 3rd CB

IMG_6513.jpeg

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Blimey, shows what a game of opinions football  is! I think Hedges is absolutely dire and would struggle to get a game at League 1 or League 2 level if he wasn't here. Like Gallaher he's an absolute sick note as well so you'd be extremely hard pressed to find two players who offer less in terms of talent  and reliability than either of those 2 imo. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Blimey, shows what a game of opinions football  is! I think Hedges is absolutely dire and would struggle to get a game at League 1 or League 2 level if he wasn't here. Like Gallaher he's an absolute sick note as well so you'd be extremely hard pressed to find two players who offer less in terms of talent  and reliability than either of those 2 imo.

Hedges isn't lacking in talent at all. Has a decent first touch, good weight of pass and can beat a man. His fitness is terrible though

Do agree on the game of opinions. When do you reckon will be the next time you have a good opinion of one of our players? 🤣

• Like 3