BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (a) - 10/04/2024

1 hour ago, dallydally said:

Yes he is!!

Bit of a problem that. Hedges isn't a world beater but he's better than Sigurdsson and Markanday. Would be a bit risky chucking Gilsenan in given our situation but could be an option off the bench at least. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Bit of a problem that. Hedges isn't a world beater but he's better than Sigurdsson and Markanday. Would be a bit risky chucking Gilsenan in given our situation but could be an option off the bench at least. 

Non of the players you mention are wingers. They are just being played there because our player of the season plays in their best  position.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WacoRover said:

I would enjoy hearing the song. 

Rovers were on for a back to back promotion back to the top league but missed out on goal difference due to a 0-0 at Bristol on the final day.  If Preston had beaten Swansea at home it would have been enough to see Rovers over the line but they bent over and got rogered.

5000 Rovers fans headed down to Bristol and clashed at various Mway services with Swansea fans heading to Preston.

'It was on that famous Saturday the second day of May we met a bunch of Swansea fans on the motorway, we said we'll win promotion, we said we're going up, but on the famous Saturday Preston fucked it up, na nan na'

• Like 9

49 minutes ago, rigger said:

Non of the players you mention are wingers. They are just being played there because our player of the season plays in their best  position.

I know but they are the likely replacements for Hedges now he's injured. 

Which is why it's a problem, somebody has to play there. 

Chuck Chrisene into the mix as well, forgot about him.

So, it appears Bristol City haven’t played in the top-flight since 1980? There’s still a mathematical shot at playoff places, until they lose, or Norwich wins. 

Not much hope to hang onto there. But enough that they will give Rovers the best effort they have tomorrow. 

Edited by WacoRover
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, rigger said:

That famous day in May. We all went down to Bristol, to see the Rovers win away.

Was on that famous Saturday 

The 2nd day of may 

We met a bunch of Swansea fans on the motorway 

We said we'd win promotion 

We said we'd win the cup 

But on that famous Saturday 

Preston fucked it up

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ABBEY said:

Was on that famous Saturday 

The 2nd day of may 

We met a bunch of Swansea fans on the motorway 

We said we'd win promotion 

We said we'd win the cup 

But on that famous Saturday 

Preston fucked it up

What year was this? 
I am seeing 1981… what a close race that was. 

My first year of college; I had never even heard of Blackburn Rovers at this time, way deep in the piney woods of East Texas. 

Edited by WacoRover
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, davulsukur said:

He scored for Republic of Ireland under 21s. It would be priceless if he could do the same for Rovers.

2 hours ago, WacoRover said:

What year was this? 
I am seeing 1981… what a close race that was. 

My first year of college; I had never even heard of Blackburn Rovers at this time, way deep in the piney woods of East Texas. 

If you can find one anywhere on Ebay or similar Rovers did a promotion celebrating brochure which told the story of the season before that.

I got one from somewhere and it's one of my prized possessions even though i didn't experience that season it's quite a story and remember there was no money around anywhere back then so they did it all with next to nothing running off their own income.

Came so close.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The other teams are treating their games tonight as must win so we need to follow their lead.

Then it’s a good job the two lowest ones only managed a point between them!