BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (a) - 10/04/2024

39 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

they do that here in bristol when you go and see 'the gas' aka bristol rovers -they dont mind if you havent got a ticket, theyll sort you out until around 10mins before k/o when the staff in the cabin (box office) want to get their seat. 

sadly bristol city dont behave the same way...like many championship clubs

think you are spot on there mate, such a shame!

anyway whos coming down to bristol!!

Just silly when there's an away end holding 2k that will be three quarters empty and even if only 25 bought on the night that's £700 plus. 

Surely there is a window there that could handle that and more than cover its cost of opening for 1 hour.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Just silly when there's an away end holding 2k that will be three quarters empty and even if only 25 bought on the night that's £700 plus. 

Surely there is a window there that could handle that and more than cover its cost of opening for 1 hour.

Yep or they could just automate a system like at a train station. Madness

• Like 2

Just looked at the remaining fixtures of the other 8 at risk clubs. Plymouth appear very vulnerable but my main take was while I expect 22nd to get to 49 points, there are too many relegation head to heads for a relegated club to get above 49 points unless the bottom starts a bloodbath regularly beatng the promotion and playoff seekers.

A long way of saying we have to get a point from this one.

A defeat turns the Wednesday game from must not lose to must win unless we somehow win at Leeds.

A win at Ashton Gate will be very close to securing Championship status because our goal difference is looking ok to keep us up if it comes down to that with just 4 to go .

So every reason for seeking a win so long as we lock out at the back.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, philipl said:

Just looked at the remaining fixtures of the other 8 at risk clubs. Plymouth appear very vulnerable but my main take was while I expect 22nd to get to 49 points, there are too many relegation head to heads for a relegated club to get above 49 points unless the bottom starts a bloodbath regularly beatng the promotion and playoff seekers.

A defeat turns the Wednesday game from must not lose to must win unless we somehow win at Leeds.

A win at Ashton Gate will be very close to securing Championship status because our goal difference is looking ok to keep us up if it comes down to that with just 4 to go .

Bristol City don't do many draws at home.

In their previous 15 home games it's 8 wins, 6 defeats and just 1 draw.

A point would do us ok though.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

The performance used to drop off after 20 minutes under JDT.

Games followed a remarkably similar pattern under the Dane - we'd fly out of the blocks for the first 20 minutes, trying to get an early goal and on top in the game. We'd then fade after 70 minutes and hang on for dear life (or watch the game peter out if we weren't in the lead) with no impact subs to bring on. 

Those first 20 minutes for JDT were absolutely crucial - a bit like watching Emerton play for us, you knew within 20 minutes how our (and his) game was going to go. 

If we could start the JDT way, but then go Eustace for the last 60 - then we would be on to something.

Or even start Eustace, and then hit them with twenty minutes of JDT ball at some point in the second half.

If we could manage both styles in the same 90 minutes I feel we would really be getting the best out of what we have available. If we stay up I sincerely hope the players don’t forget how to play JDT ball as next season progresses. Being able to go between both styles could make us a strong championship side.

• Like 5

This is a huge game. If we win then we're pretty much safe. If we lose and results go against us then we are back in big trouble with 4 games left and Leeds, Leicester and Coventry to play. 

If we play like we have been then we are more than capable of winning this one as Bristol have very little to play for. They're such an unpredictable team though that will be tough to get a result against if they are at it. 

I don't rate Preston at all so it wouldn't shock me if Hudds beat them. Sheff W are a very plucky team so, again, I wouldn't be shocked if they got a result against Norwich. Brum simply have to beat Cardiff at home and I think they will. Millwall and Plymouth should lose though. 

I still think Plymouth will go down despite their win the other day. Then it's anyone's guess really. Plymouth, Hudds, Brum, Millwall look faves at the moment to join Rotherham. 

Still too close for comfort for my liking. Let's get this season over ASAP.

• Like 3

We have reasons to be optimistic. Our defending has been solid since Eustace’s arrival; the bench has got stronger, with more players coming back; & Rovers seem to have responded better to Eustace’s optimism. 

I appreciated Tomasson, but at the end, he was becoming negative, and sounded bitter. Nobody wants to play like that. Footie needs to be fun, enjoyable. winning- and sometimes scoring a draw (for example, @Preston & Cardiff, & vs Norwich & So’ton) is much more enjoyable than what we were going through. 

COYB! 

15 hours ago, philipl said:

What have other clubs got to do with Blackburn Rovers, our fate is in our own hands. I agree with John Eustace, we're not interested in other clubs, just getting Blackburn Rovers in the safety zone.

• Like 2

Huge, huge game.  City in decent form with 7 points from their last 3 games including a home win against Leicester and a win and a draw in 2 away games.

Win and we can almost relax, lose and it really will be squeaky bum time with our remaining fixtures.

Injuries beginning to bite again and a number playing when perhaps not 100%.

Wouldn't like to call it.  Only thing for certain is City won't already 'be on the beach'.

Nightmare is we go to Leicester in last game of season needing something - if that happens, I could see us sliding into the bottom 3 as the final whistle is blown.

On 07/04/2024 at 12:46, Exiled_Rover said:

The performance used to drop off after 20 minutes under JDT.

Games followed a remarkably similar pattern under the Dane - we'd fly out of the blocks for the first 20 minutes, trying to get an early goal and on top in the game. We'd then fade after 70 minutes and hang on for dear life (or watch the game peter out if we weren't in the lead) with no impact subs to bring on. 

Those first 20 minutes for JDT were absolutely crucial - a bit like watching Emerton play for us, you knew within 20 minutes how our (and his) game was going to go. 

Yeah agree with this. I do wonder how successful he will be with Sweden as he does not have the best squad. Relying on scoring the first goal is not going to be something he can count on. Youd think they will need a more pragmatic approach than JDTs to stay in games against better teams.

5 hours ago, Mercer said:

Huge, huge game.  City in decent form with 7 points from their last 3 games including a home win against Leicester and a win and a draw in 2 away games.

Win and we can almost relax, lose and it really will be squeaky bum time with our remaining fixtures.

Wouldn't like to call it.  Only thing for certain is City won't already 'be on the beach'.

Nightmare is we go to Leicester in last game of season needing something - if that happens, I could see us sliding into the bottom 3 as the final whistle is blown.

That is a certainty these days.

Relying on the other side to be paddling about and worried about their suntan factor are a recipe for failure.

This game and SW at home are where we must get points.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Mercer said:

Excellent. We are 100% staying up now. Thanks Merce 👏🏻👏🏻😉

15 hours ago, Mercer said:

They are also slap bang in the middle of the league. Mid table teams are not consistent, so they are due a loss, expect us to get something. I'm confident. Its my birthday and I am going. 3 points incoming! I reckon Bristol take their foot off the gas, I predict a dull away win. 

Rovers have 46 pts; Todays games:

Millwall, 44 pts/Leicester;

Plymouth, 44/QPR, 46;

PNE/Hud, 43;

ShefWed, 42 pts/Norwich. 

I would breathe a lot easier, if Hud & SW both lose. Millwall & Plymouth both losing at home appears unlikely; draws would be preferable. 

One thing I’ve learned in my relatively short time as Rovers fan, don’t count on Preston to do anything that would benefit us. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

Rovers have 46 pts; Todays games:

Millwall, 44 pts/Leicester;

Plymouth, 44/QPR, 46;

PNE/Hud, 43;

ShefWed, 42 pts/Norwich. 

I would breathe a lot easier, if Hud & SW both lose. Millwall & Plymouth both losing at home appears unlikely; draws would be preferable. 

One thing I’ve learned in my relatively short time as Rovers fan, don’t count on Preston to do anything that would benefit us. 

There is a Rovers terrace song relating to events in about 1980 that sums up the feelings towards PNE on these matters.

For once though they do have something to play for.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, tomphil said:

There is a Rovers terrace song relating to events in about 1980 that sums up the feelings towards PNE on these matters.

For once though they do have something to play for.

I would enjoy hearing the song.