BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] ***rovers To Return To Bray***

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will someone tell me what is wrong with starting Matteo in midfield? Has he been bad? Have we been leaking goals like a seive with him there?

Have we been playing decent opposition with him there? Has he played well there before? Did Leeds recognise him playing there was a major problem? Has he got the attributes to be a midfielder? Blah Blah Blah Matteo = Rubbish in Midfield

Leeds' problem was not him playing there as much as him being their best defender and playing there. Guess what? He's not our best defender.

(oh, and do you EVER sleep LC?)

Will someone tell me what is wrong with starting Matteo in midfield? Has he been bad? Have we been leaking goals like a seive with him there?

Have we been playing decent opposition with him there? Has he played well there before? Did Leeds recognise him playing there was a major problem? Has he got the attributes to be a midfielder? Blah Blah Blah Matteo = Rubbish in Midfield

While flicking through the Sunday Express today I noticed an article, part of which was Souness talking about the new players. In relation to Matteo, Souness said something about how he could play in midfield when we play away, suggesting that he won't be a starter in midfield at home. If anyone has bought the Sunday Express they may be able to give a direct quote.

Just got back. Good to see we won 4-0.

Also good to see a lot from this messageboard again. Also good to see Manchester Blue again and get his name totally wrong ohmy.gif

In my defence, I was, after all, very, very drunk.

I was 100% sober at the game after a major session in dublin on friday night!

And yes you was all very drunk, was funny. Every 5 mins someone fell over and nearly pushed me down the hill. The funniest moment was the rovers fan who started chasing the young irish lad in the united top! The poor lad ran a mile!

Also good to see a lot from this messageboard again. Also good to see Manchester Blue again and get his name totally wrong ohmy.gif

Did you get his name wrong, or did you just not pronounce it like you're part of the aristocracy? Thats the way he likes it. biggrin.gif

How did Gresko did in central midfield last night (to anyone who went)...?

In the words of Souey; "I thought in the second half Vratti was excellent in the centre of midfield... he was exciting and never gave up tackling or chasing the ball, maybe I should have tried him in midfield last season?"

Link to full article - Rovers Official Site

Could it be Ferguson and Gresko in the middle to face West Brom unsure.gif

4-0, was there a game on? tongue.gif

Semi recovered now after a liver transplant this afternoon. The boy Fleming's fault.

Bit daft really going all that way and not being able to remember anything about the match.

Hope everyone who went had a great time and got back safely.

Guys who did Emerton play the official sites minute by minute seems to mention him a bit when he came on. Any opinions?

I don't think you'll get a lot of answers. From the sounds of things, the match was merely a disruption to one fantastic imbibing fest. biggrin.gif

The funniest moment was the rovers fan who started chasing the young irish lad in the united top! The poor lad ran a mile!

No comment

Anyone enjoy my goal at half time, sercurity wern't too pleased with my antics.

Great pass Scotty

No comment

Great pass Scotty

I dont think the irish fellas were too impressed with your improvisation of the burnley inbred song! aka 'you irish scum' laugh.gif

That was a 'move away from this guy slowly' moment

No comment

Great pass Scotty

I dont think the irish fellas were too impressed with your improvisation of the burnley inbred song! aka 'you irish scum' laugh.gif

That was a 'move away from this guy slowly' moment

I hope there wasn't any anti-Irish silliness going on over there otherwise I would be very dissapointed.

Brownie aka 'Irish Dave' would be embarrased if the famous Irish hospitality was not recipricated.

Going to watch the Tangerines on Tuesday ? I think I am.

Not a chance! Daylight robbery that place. I sometimes go down if we arent playing and im bored but its a nightmare. Went to their friendly against wigan last sunday and it was like watching a pub team. £12 to get in!!! And Blackpool lost 5-0! I was gutted when hendry took that job, its a poisoned chalice!

Going to watch the Tangerines on Tuesday ? I think I am.

Not a chance! Daylight robbery that place. I sometimes go down if we arent playing and im bored but its a nightmare. Went to their friendly against wigan last sunday and it was like watching a pub team. £12 to get in!!! And Blackpool lost 5-0! I was gutted when hendry took that job, its a poisoned chalice!

My nephew plays for them, well the reserves, can you believe that Hendry sarted a brand new season with Simon Grayson in the centre of midfield ?!

He is also, quite interestingly for those who wanted him at Rovers, encouraging long ball football from the first team right through to the youth team.

My nephew is a centre half and he has been told to hit the front man as early as possible.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.