BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Matt Jansen

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hm, where has all the praise of the "new" Yorke gone? Im sure Iv'e read something on here about people saying how he has changed for the better, and that he is our best striker and so on...

Ah well, I might be wrong... dry.gif

Matt needs to start going out night clubbing for a few weeks, not work hard in training, just generally go off the rails a bit, then when he's fooled everyone that he just doesn't care he should start trying his heart out again.

Before you know it - Bingo!! He's our number one striker!

What will it take to be a fair crack of the whip on judging Matty's ability to "cut it" again at this level?3 games starting?5 games starting?half time sub for 4 straight games?I don't know.I guess in the end we all want him to come good again like we have seen him in the past.

Florida Rover

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but the English team that was lining up and is still contemplating a loan deal for Matty was or is Preston North End, but the stumbling block is or was Mattys wages and not Craig Browns departure.

Well if Jansen doesn't get into the first team in the next 3 months I think he will seriously have to look at leaving in January.

I don't think he is going to get a better chance than the one he has now.

according to pne fans MJ was due to sign for them along with a chelsea reserve but due to the sudden departure of Brown the deals were called off. Also stan turniphead has been at the ground today, saw him leaving via the players entracne at around 2pm

according to pne fans MJ was due to sign for them along with a chelsea reserve but due to the sudden departure of Brown the deals were called off. Also stan turniphead has been at the ground today, saw him leaving via the players entracne at around 2pm

Isnt that according to the back page of the Evening Post?!?

hm, where has all the praise of the "new" Yorke gone? Im sure Iv'e read something on here about people saying how he has changed for the better, and that he is our best striker and so on...

Ah well, I might be wrong... dry.gif

I don't think anyone seriously gave up slating Yorke. They might have been hopeful after a couple of good showings in pre-season but the resentment against the smiling git ran deep for most rovers fans.

Hopefully Matt does get a look-in this season. Can someone confirm that our only strikers (in no particular order) are:

Bothroyd (22)

Jansen (27)

Gallagher (20)

Stead (21)

Dickov (32)

With an average age of 24.4 our forward lineup sure looks different from the geriatrics we had at the start of last season.

No bloody wonder he wants to" stay and fight" Matt Jansens on £25,000 a week!!!! according to the sun.He has been "warned" he is pricing himself out of a move to Preston.

The guy has been creaming Rovers for the last 2 years and should go for everybodys sake.

Preston chairman Derek Shaw admitted: “I have my doubts that the deal will now happen.”

Jansen (27)

...bloody hell. sad.gif

That was my reaction as well. It seems like yesterday that he was this young, up-and-coming, future international. I guess it seems like that because the last time we saw him play was so long ago sad.gif.

Oi!

27 is just right. It's the perfect age, I tell you! wink.gif

No bloody wonder he wants to" stay and fight" Matt Jansens on £25,000 a week!!!! according to the sun.He has been "warned" he is pricing himself out of a move to Preston.

The guy has been creaming Rovers for the last 2 years and should go for everybodys sake.

Preston chairman Derek Shaw admitted: “I have my doubts that the deal will now happen.”

Maybe a touch on the cynical side but certainly not without grounds. If he is so keen and loyal he should have lowered his wage demands, gone on loan, rediscover his confidence and come back as the old Matty.

But he didn't and as the minority on this thread have said - he's had enough time, is costing us too much, and we can't afford to keep him. I think I paraphrase thenodrog by saying (unfortunately) this is business and there is no room for sentiment unless you want to be watching lower league football soon. Much as I hate RFW the fact that Manure come first (selling Beckham was best for the club) has more than a little to do with their success.

All the best Matty but its time to move on for your's and Rovers sake.

Much as I hate RFW the fact that Manure come first (selling Beckham was best for the club) has more than a little to do with their success.

Solathar, I'm not having a go at you, but I had to smile at that comment on two accounts.

1st - Man U, havent been that successfull since the departure of Beckham.

2nd - Souness sells Cole, Dunn and Duff, (for the benifit of the club) and he gets slated.

Its a no, no win situation being a manager sad.gif

Much as I hate RFW the fact that Manure come first (selling Beckham was best for the club) has more than a little to do with their success.

Solathar, I'm not having a go at you, but I had to smile at that comment on two accounts.

1st - Man U, havent been that successfull since the departure of Beckham.

2nd - Souness sells Cole, Dunn and Duff, (for the benifit of the club) and he gets slated.

Doh !!

Yes, fair doos. Manure have been complete c**p since Bekham come to think of it. Having said that I still think it was the right decision to sell him at that time. It have been sensible to have a replacement lined up as well though.

A for Cole,Dunn and Duff. He didn't get slated by me for selling them. Cole was a has been. Could still do the business now and again but not often enough on his wages (is now looking very good again I know) . Dunn when he went was a useless (usually injured) lump of lard. And as for Duff, he, very unfortunately had no choice. And even if he had it is very hard for a club like Rovers to turn down that amount of money for the fullsquad never mind one player. (Wasn't he still Chelski's most expensive player until Drogba came along ?)

I am now going to lie down for a while as I appear to have been defending the most hated man in football.

Benefit of the club off the field but not on it Alan 75 - the other hand we have kept MJ supposedly for the benefit of the club on the pitch which ironically has gone against it both off and on it as he is doing absolutely nothing yet still being paid (unless this is covered by insurance?)

The club is at fault here, as Souness has been saying for a while now that he is physically and mentally ready and all he needs his confidence yet he does not play the guy to give him e the confidence yet still says he is part of his plans . Then on the other hand he carries on saying we need another striker at the club (even when Yorke was here) and in true style get another striker in as well as one going out - yet now says he is now available to leave the club - this says to me that he is not ok and is not upto premier football as most of the fans thought anyway

Either the guy is ok or he isn't - but it looks to me as if we will eventually off load him without any fee whatsoever and wasted wages - something we can ill afford as a club.

So to me its either give him his last stand or get rid.

Totally agree Capt.

Financially the club where better off unloading Cole, Dunn Duff, but on the field we have lost creative players and a proven (when he wants to) striker.

As for Jansen, there is no way he's going to regain confidence playing in the reserves. Souness either has to give him a run in the first team (a big gamble in our present position) or allow him to try and resurect his career elsewhere.

Unfortunately Rovers cannot these days afford the luxury of carrying passengers.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.