1. 1. Are you happy with the Mark Hughes appointment

• Yes - He was my first choice
    • Yes
    • Undecided
    • No
    • Angry.
    • I wanted Grooby

answering the original question,

no hate him. i know we are doing well, but i believe he is going to up sticks soon as he gets a chance, and he will never be forgiven for sacking Tony P.

Sorry, just how i feel, i dont believe he has rovers at heart. at all.

Rich

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

answering the original question,

no hate him. i know we are doing well, but i believe he is going to up sticks soon as he gets a chance, and he will never be forgiven for sacking Tony P.

Sorry, just how i feel, i dont believe he has rovers at heart. at all.

Rich

391081[/snapback]

Tony Parkes was 10 years overdue for sacking. Nice man but was seen as too much a permanent fixture and therefore a safe person to run to. It's telling that Hughes (as an ex-player) made his going a priority. He'd probably seen how divisive his influence could be and decided it wouldn't happen with him.

Im sorry that cant wash - a role for him should have been found - even if its nothing to do with playing, Club ambassador or something, community relations, Nostalgia trips/meetings/forums.

Not slung out on his ear after finding out through the press, not rovers finest hour at all.

Im glad sparky is here, I dont know any managers weve had other than Tony that really cared about the club. Kenny's first love was celtic or liverpool. I dont see why it matters.

Wouldn't a plum position as 'club ambassador' or 'community laision' or whatever they're tagging it these days by appointed by JW? Flopsy, (i could be off, here) MH wouldn't have the power to hand Tony a position of that type as it's outside his sphere of influence. no?

I also feel bad for the way a loyal servant of the club was sacked after so many years of service. But once MH pulled the trigger on Tony, JW could have located a position for him however significant.

Tony Parkes was 10 years overdue for sacking.  Nice man but was seen as too much a permanent fixture and therefore a safe person to run to.  It's telling that Hughes (as an ex-player) made his going a priority.  He'd probably seen how divisive his influence could be and decided it wouldn't happen with him.

391087[/snapback]

i see through his 'nice guy' image. his quotes when souness left were staggering and couldve led to legal action.

"i was having breakfast with GS and it came up on sky sports news"

malicious nonsense.

also some people have fogotten, TP was forcing jansen, dunn and duff out of the club. he never played them. that wouldve been catastrophic.

TP looked after TP.

MH deserves more backing, by the board and the public. he's an oustanding manager and BRFC are lucky to have him.

Edited by pleasure

Old article on Newcastle betting odds

I was wondering if Newcastle did come in for Hughes in the summer would he go? He always talks about doing the best he can as a manager. If you think about it, how much higher could be take us if we finish anywhere between 4th-6th this season.

391890[/snapback]

It is true that Newcastle have better players than us generally and more potential to really challnege for the league as hey have a lot more cash.

But the saving grace is Hughes will be aiming a little higher than that. Realistically I think only United or Chelsea or a big foreign club would drag him away from Ewood.

That said, if things stagnated here then we would quickly find ourselves in a position where offers fro the likes of Spurs or Newcastle could be attractive. I think we are safe for now.

rover.gif i honestly believe a manager has about 4 seasons on average at any one club,if sparky did a fergie or a wenger the sky will be the limit,if we become a top 6 team in the next 2 seasons sparky will be ot bound tinykit.gif

It is true that Newcastle have better players than us generally and more potential to really challnege for the league as hey have a lot more cash.

But  the saving grace is Hughes will be aiming a little higher than that. Realistically I think only United or Chelsea or a big foreign club would drag him away from Ewood.

That said, if things stagnated here then we would quickly find ourselves in a position where offers fro the likes of Spurs or Newcastle could be attractive. I think we are safe for now.

391898[/snapback]

I certainly get the feeling that Mark Hughes is a man of his word and whatever he starts he will finish. Which means that he wont leave Rovers in the lurch as long as they are making progress along the path that he (MH) has set for them. Or until the day comes when he decides he has taken them as far as he can having regard to all the circumstances applying at the time, and especially the amount of support he feels he is getting from the board, the players, and the fans.

• 2 weeks later...
The guy is seriously beginning to annoy me................ mad.gif

Wish he'd mind his own club and leave ours alone.

394813[/snapback]

its all mind games before our match on monday!!!

i think it will stress us, the fans out more than hughes and the players as they will just laugh it off.

You guys beat me to the punch with the Whelan story. I too had the same reaction, promote your own boss for the Manure job ! mad.gif

Clearly, he is engaging in a bit of gamesmanship here in light of the important

fixture this weekend. I want to stuff them with all my heart, C'mon you Blues !

Are we sure this Whelan character has a soft spot for Rovers (as he claims)? It certainly doesn't appear to be the case this morning.