589 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with the Mark Hughes appointment

• Yes - He was my first choice
    • Yes
    • Undecided
    • No
    • Angry.
    • I wanted Grooby

Maybe I'm more of an optimist, but I take it as a compliment. He was probably asked about the manager of the opposing side this weekend, and that's about the highest praise you can give a former Man United player who is now in management.

I don't want Hughes to go anywhere--not yet, anyway--but I don't really see anything malicious in Whelan's comments.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Would the 19 'no' and 'angry' like to change their minds now?

And would Grooby really have achieved European qualification?

Edited by Modi

And would Grooby really have achieved European qualification?

404627[/snapback]

Does the Isle of Man count?

Hughes has performed over and above all expectations. However if he can mix the demands of Europe with domestic concerns then he will go down in history as one of our greatest managers. No other manager has ever been able to make us perform well in European competition.

Hell...I'd be happy with just winning a few games there for once!

I've said no. I'm not totally against the appointment, but I just feel that the gulf in experience between Souness and Hughes is eventually going to tell. I am mentally prepared for relegation now. Anything other will be a huge bonus. I hope I can eat my words.

243961[/snapback]

Brilliant laugh.gif

There were some very silly statements made weren't there.

I think it's the gulf in QUALITY, planning, training, that has told. And it's no conincidence that as soon as our ex-manager was sacked (I love saying that- was sacked) from the post he left us for, they improved beyond all recognition too!

Edited by Jan

I've said no. I'm not totally against the appointment, but I just feel that the gulf in experience between Souness and Hughes is eventually going to tell. I am mentally prepared for relegation now. Anything other will be a huge bonus. I hope I can eat my words.

243961[/snapback]

i'm sure you'll happily eat your words shaddy!

MH and the rest of his staff have been immense (since they walked through the door) and they deserve more recognition (from the media and 'floating rovers fans).

newcastle (H) was definetly the turning point (he abandoned the 4-5-1, after watching us dominate newcastle and lose 3-0) and every player has been terrific thereafter (WBA and EVERTON AWAY are the 2 exceptions).

overjoyed he's signed, i know he'll get cherry-picked someday, but i'm sure this season is just the 1st stop on the rd to greatness (for both MH and rovers).

• 3 months later...

Neil Warnock's lovable personality puts him much closer to the Bramall Lane Exit than that article suggests. He nearly got fired whilst getting the Blades promoted so a predictable bottom-grinding start to life in the Prem could see him out.

:D

I think the Paul Jewell thing might be a good shout - he's raised expectations much like when Ipswich finished 5th and Sunderland finished 7th. A more realistic season surely beckons, which probably wont go down too well.

Anyone been able to find a list of the latest odds?

i think ferguson and pardew are well good outside bets.

ferguson is getting on abit, losing his marbles and the glazers will be demanding success this season, he may walk rather than be shown the door if he has a bad start. this could also be bad for us.

pardew even though he has turned the tide and now has most of the crowd backing after a successful season last year, small majorities are still against him and a bad start will see the boo boys out at upton park again.

i think ferguson and pardew are well good outside bets.

ferguson is getting on abit, losing his marbles and the glazers will be demanding success this season, he may walk rather than be shown the door if he has a bad start. this could also be bad for us.

pardew even though he has turned the tide and now has most of the crowd backing after a successful season last year, small majorities are still against him and a bad start will see the boo boys out at upton park again.

Actually, the sooner RFW leaves Utd, the better.

As of yet I don't thing MH is a big enough _name_ for the Glazers yet, meaning they'd most likey go after a bigger manager-name.

I am though fuly aware that MH most likely will end ut at Old Trafford at some point :(

To be honest, with the Glazers repaying £600m+, A Manager who can work within limited means is very high on their priority list.

Queroz is probably marginal favourite if RFW departs on his own terms.

Lippi would be a good shout if the Glazers boot RFW out but whenever it happens, we are in for a worrying time at Ewood Park.

• 1 month later...

Mark Bowen to leave for WBA?

"Mark Hughes has played down reports Mark Bowen is set for West Bromwich Albion Football Club.

It had been speculated that the Blackburn Rovers assistant manager was set to replace the sacked Bryan Robson at the Hawthorns, yet this has been played down by the Ewood Park chief.

"I've spoken to him about it, but it's pure speculation. I've spoken to him about the situation and it won't be going any further," said Hughes, who hopes to take the Lancashire side through to the Uefa Cup group stages on Thursday."

Any truth in this? :unsure:

I hope not Mark is a massive part of our success. I would also hope that in order to make a quick buck mr bowen would not turn his back on his manager and the team he is employed to help.

Hughes has put out a quick reply to the links and i hope thats the end of it!