BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Bournemouth

Paul

Agree about the importance of Wednesday's game. He should play a strong team as its a long season if you go out of the cups early and we don't want to take the risk. Not sure what Hughes thinks our strongest team is though. I hope he finds a way of getting Emerton out of the side because he is bloody useless.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In this case it's Lee 'Pyscho' Hendrie. I like to call him pyscho because he looks really mean when he gets angry.

Plus he plays for villa scum and i like to laugh at them.

His massive forehead also makes him look like a distant relative of the Mekon...

The Mekon (AKA Lee Hendrie)

Edit - nearly forgot - I think we'll beat Bournemouth convincingly, scoring 4 without reply. 2 goals for Bothroyd, 1 Pedersen and 1 Stead.

Edited by percy

There is always at least one Prem casualty at this stage in the competition. Plenty of reasons to fear it could be us-

Bournemouth are the side with that kid who set some sort of scoring record last season aren't they?

Bournemouth are probably in a false lowly position in the third division and will be buoyed up by their win at Sheffield Wednesday- if they can win at Hillsborough, 'little' Ewood with a much smaller crowd will hold no fears.

The Hughes coaching set up will have had too little time to school the Souness errors out of midfield and defense- you can be sure Bournemouth will be lively and will have chances.

Hughes has got to use this fixture as a serious game so I expect the experimentation to be limited only to players who have a realistic chance of starting at Charlton next week.

I would love to see Jansen and Stead paired from the start- I see that combination being the future for the Rovers this season and very exciting it will be too. They must be given every chance to build their confidence. By all means double substitue them with Bothroyd and Gally half way through the second half if they are tiring or the game requires/allows it.

MGP has to be starting if his injury is OK- this is much more the level of opposition he is used to so its a chance to show what he can do. He either produces the goods on Wednesday or has to be rested at Charlton- going to The Valley with MGP as a passenger is a recipe for losing three points from a game we might otherwise get something from.

Apart from Enckelman, Gresko and Nissa to be given starts, I expect the rest of the team will be pretty similar to Saturday's.

As for the result, a 3-0 win would be great but have a horrible feeling it will be a long night and penalties.

Edited by philipl

If that we're true there'd only be half a dozen, none-newbies on the board. Over the last 12 months the vast majority of this board seem to have become ever more infuriated with Emo (granted, I wasn't one of them and Emo had his best game since his first under Hughes).

withstupid.gif

Typical ignorant chimp trying to score points off new users instead of cutting them some slack.

I see a convincing victory on the horizon; a youthful Rovers team, buoyed by their first victory and inspired by new manager Mark Hughes trounce Bournemouth 6-0. Goals coming from Jansen, Stead, Ferguson (2 - 1 a penalty), Amoruso and Bothroyd.

And - for the record - the day Mark Hughes is asked the direct question "what's the priority, survival in the premier league or a cup run" what the flip do people think he's going to reply ????

Right on cue, on the official site

Obviously our priority is the Premiership.

But this game gives me an opportunity to see other players that I don't know too much of

OK, who's going to have the first moan ?!

OOh Alan75- I was going to tell you not to post the Mark Hughes article- it will make Tris so ANGRY to be proved wrong yet again, but he then goes and reads exactly what he wants into the article anyway. So that's all right!

For the record, we ALL know that Premiership survival is a necessity, however for the maggot to turn round to the papers, when a lot of people were on their way to Sofia ,to say this isn't an important game, was the end for me. Might not have been important to you, but it WAS important to us, and the fact that he could treat it so lightly disgusted even people I knew who otherwise supported him.

Mark Hughes think's there's a prize and won't be taking it lightly. Oh the world is so much better a place now! The team might be organised in such a way as to make a win possible!!!

3-1 to the reserves i hope, i would expect anyone with first team experience who didn't play on saturday to get a run out as long as they are fit,jansen will hopefully get 90 minutes. there is a good chance that young garner will get a spot on the bench as well.

like other people on this thread i am not over excited at the prospect of paying to watch a game that we are not giving 100% in, but i thought that was going to happen last year against liverpool and i ended up taking the kids to blackpool instead only to regret it when i heard that both teams were at full strength

Alan75 / Jan

Souness quotes on the Worthington Cup which look exactly the same as what Hughes has just said :

"We can't play down the Worthington Cup. We are in Europe because of the Worthington Cup and it's been kind to us in the last 12 months," said Souness.

"We owe it to our supporters and the competition in general to have a real go at it and try to win it again.

"Our fans will have to understand that we won't be fielding our strongest team but I think they do understand that and the reasons behind it.

"It's great that we are through because last year our form went from strength to strength after we won it," said Souness.

"But the priority is and always will be the Premier League.

link

link

OOh Alan75- I was going to tell you not to post the Mark Hughes article- it will make Tris so ANGRY to be proved wrong yet again, but he then goes and reads exactly what he wants into the article anyway.  So that's all right!

For the record, we ALL know that Premiership survival is a necessity, however for the maggot to turn round to the papers, when a lot of people were on their way to Sofia ,to say this isn't an important game, was the end for me.  Might not have been important to you, but it WAS important to us, and the fact that he could treat it so lightly disgusted even people I knew who otherwise supported him.

Mark Hughes think's there's a prize and won't be taking it lightly.  Oh the world is so much better a place now!  The team might be organised in such a way as to make a win possible!!!

Are you ever going to stop moaning? Souness is gone, and people are feeling positive, but you are always so negative all the bloody time, it really start to get on my nerves!

Even when you try to sound positive and optimistic, you still come out like a negative buffoon in a strait jacket, surrounded by a huge pessimistic nimbus!

Edited by den

OOh Alan75- I was going to tell you not to post the Mark Hughes article- it will make Tris so ANGRY to be proved wrong yet again, but he then goes and reads exactly what he wants into the article anyway. So that's all right!

For the record, we ALL know that Premiership survival is a necessity, however for the maggot to turn round to the papers, when a lot of people were on their way to Sofia ,to say this isn't an important game, was the end for me. Might not have been important to you, but it WAS important to us, and the fact that he could treat it so lightly disgusted even people I knew who otherwise supported him.

Mark Hughes think's there's a prize and won't be taking it lightly. Oh the world is so much better a place now! The team might be organised in such a way as to make a win possible!!!

Oh, i presume you mean the same competition where you actually lose money by being in the 1st round and its not until later rounds that you make money (of course a big draw changes this). This also the same competition where after playing in the uefa cup in midweek we then lost twice at home the following sunday (everton and spurs). Considering we only lost 3 at home in the entire season....

However, i am not taking Souness side as i actually agree with you, i firmly believe that we should play every game hard and try to win as much as possible. The point im just trying to make is that if you consider it from the board/ souness point of view (playing in a comp where you lose money and league form suffers) maybe you can understand it a bit more tinykit.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.