BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Cardiff City 7th December 2012

This table allows one to do head-to-head comparisons. http://www.soccerway...regular-season/ , doesn't always seem accurate though.

This head to head site is usually spot on if not:

http://www.statto.com/football/teams/blackburn-rovers/head-to-head

As for the game - Cardiff much better at home than away......For us, we need to start winning more games, rather than drawing or throwing away winning positions (Burnley, Huddersfield, Leeds). Tough game, possibly the strongest team in the league, alongside Leicester - a win would be massive.

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For all sorts of reasons, I think this is a must win game.

Lose and our club may find itself in even more turmoil.

Difficult to call as I find most Rovers' games these days.

Bellamy might just be in the mood to give us a torrid time, especially as live on Sky and on that note, someone told me today that Kean is the Sky 'pundit' - I really do hope that's a wind-up !

Clearly, first goal will be critical.

Got a feeling that we will be relieved with a draw in the end, say 1-1.

I can't believe Kean would set foot around ewood. Might get his arse kicked .

I'm not very optimistic about this game . Cardiff seem to be flying whilst we are definitely not.

I think they'll beat us but of course desperately hope I'm proved wrong .

I can't go to this game due to it being rearranged so knowing my luck it'll be a cracker :)

They only won 1-0 against Sheffield Weds at Home in Cardiff last round.

This league is everyone beats everyone, its very unpredictable.

Hope we fare well and give it a good go!

YES ITS ON TELLY :)

• Backroom

Haha, this would be amazing. How Sky could ever think this man was in a position to give "Expert" analysis of a football game is beyond me.

This is the same company that employs sporting oracles like Jamie Redknapp, Paul Merson and Dean Windass. Kean'll fit right in.

Heard expected gate is sub 13,000.

Tickets @ £10 still available.

Not good.

Indeed.

However:

Inclement weather

On TV

Lot of Christmas Events going on

Still not going because (insert name of poster) not happy with (insert who/whatever)

etc.

After the last couple of home games I think we desperately need an early goal if we are to win. It's been a pretty subdued atmosphere, and it's the only way I can see fans getting behind the team - which would make a massive difference.

For no particular reason feeling confident, going for 3-1 Rovers and hopefully the start of the Berg effect (players training, tactical advice from the manager etc usual stuff you see at a normal football club), will be watching with sound off if that kean Kean is a pundit unless Setanta don't take the direct commentary feed.

Gonna be a really crappy crowd work it being a bit chilly and with the part timers watching it on tv. Let's hope the players can get fired up for those of us making the effort. Heart saying a 2-0 win but cant help thinking another draw is on the cards.

Wish we had this team for tomorrow....

-----------------Friedel

--Niell----Nelsen---Samba---Warnock

Bentley---Tugay---Savage---Duff

---------Bellamy---McCarthy

:(

Sad thing is that most of them are Championship level players now (Samba and Duff apart, and Tugay and Savage who have retired) but they would still be a hell of a better team than the awful fellows we put out today.

Wish we had this team for tomorrow....

-----------------Friedel

--Niell----Nelsen---Samba---Warnock

Bentley---Tugay---Savage---Duff

---------Bellamy---McCarthy

:(

Sad thing is that most of them are Championship level players now (Samba and Duff apart, and Tugay and Savage who have retired) but they would still be a hell of a better team than the awful fellows we put out today.

I miss these guys I also miss the mark hughes blue n white army chant,Those were the days

I really struggle with weather forecasts sometimes. Three different centres saying decent day with tonight being around 3c by 21.00 and 2c overnight. The BBC say the same but also forecast a widespread frost!!

Looks like dry with the wind dropping.

I know nothing about Cardiff other than vaguely watching their results over the years as I have relatives in the city. Of late the club has struck me as what is needed to have a chance of promotion, hard working with a blend of grafters, experienced skilled players and youth. I'm probably wrong but that's my impression, the opposite if what I see Ewood.

Early this season, ignoring Kean, results meant trips to Ewood were filled with anticipation. Slowly but surely that has been eaten away and tonight we will be there in hope rather than expectation. Mind you I got Blackpool tickets yesterday so there's still some optimism.

JW always said the place to deliver was on the pitch and every spare £ went into the team. He was right despite everything surrounding the club early results meant I was getting some pleasure from watching even with Kean in charge. This has to be the fundamental the club get right if things are to improve. Last season 92% of our cash was going into the team! What is that all about? This year it's probably around 120%.

Lose tonight and we will not catch Cardiff, a win and it gives us a chance. Hoping for a win but not much enthusiasm for this

Apparently it has been a good week in training so I am hoping/praying that tonight we can translate that into a much needed 3 points. The hope that I cling to is that when Hughes took over, albeit in very different circumstances/better opposition and around 10 games in suddenly everything clicked, prior to that people were wandering if he was the right man for the job after shakey start. I am desperately hoping/praying that from tonight onwards things start to click, if we lose tonight I think that we can almost kiss automatic promotion goodbye.

Archived