BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Cardiff City 7th December 2012

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watch the replay. In the middle of the game Berg turns his back on the game and walks over to Brunskill who appears to initiate the conversation, surely if he had something to say he should have got up of his ass and walked over to "the boss" not the oter way around. Just looks strange thats all.

Bloody 'ell Steve! Worse than Jim Iley's team of the late 70's? Or the team that went down in 79? I've only just seen the scoreline so you might have a point.

I haven't seen the game, nor will I be watching the recorded version I have waiting for me.That will be deleted. Becoming a regular habit that. I had grave misgivings about Berg at the time of his appointment and was desperately disappointed that we missed out on Holloway. We have to back him though, to be fair he has hardly inherited a squad of good, honest pros. Besides which, sacking him before the end of the season would be madness imo, we have more that enough instability as it is without potentially having three managers in a season.

I just hope we can stay up and can reassess next summer when hopefully, those keaning morons from Pune have got as far away from the club as possible .

did cardiff beat us 1-4 once before when we got relegated.I seem to remeber an empty ewood that night.Or am I suffering from days of boddies?

Jesus wept! I know that was a joke "Batman" but given my the current goings on and a sudden rise in people threatening legal action against our posters, you REALLY don't want to be making accusations like that, even in jest!

I'm sorry, but what is the implication here?

The point is that I have desperately been hoping that Berg would take the place by the scruff of the neck and knock it into some sort of shape so that it once again resembles something like a football club. Unfortunately it would appear that he has not stamped his authority on things and that means things are not going to change. I just thought it appeared as though he had been called over by Brunskill (although that could be wrong) and dutifully turned his back on the game to comply, not the movements of an authority figure.

I suppose I am so bludy fed up with the antics at Rovers that I am reading between the lines, everyone can see the problems but Berg seems powerless to change things.No wonder they coul'nt get an "experienced" Manager because they would never have agreed the terms and it's those terms which are the causing all the problems.We can only speculate as to what the terms are but thats why strange theories are put forward, it's just desperate fans trying to make sense of a senseless situation.I think all fans would love to see an authoritive manager and staff get stuck in and sort the place out, thats not happening and obviously is not going to happen and the question everybody wants answered is WHY.

All these meetings and all these media interviews are a waste of time because no one will ask the right questions, take note Andy Cryer you are failing big time.

Rant over and appologies for the pic but the disaster that is now Rovers is beyond belief.

Like David Brent suggests what we have now is a set of soft lads that are easily bullied, which implies there will be plenty more defeats ahead this coming season with the squad as it stands.

Forgive me if I am stupid here but does not Lowes reaction to Bellamy's elbow say he is NOT easily bullied.

did cardiff beat us 1-4 once before when we got relegated.I seem to remeber an empty ewood that night.Or am I suffering from days of boddies?

Was it back in the late 70's, night game?

Is that Brunskill? Is he now the evil ringmaster?

More likely he spotted something and wanted to bring Berg's attention to it.

Yes god forbid our manager actually listens to his staff, genius Kean never did and he was brilliant, in fact he's still getting better and better.

I remember the night in question. Rovers fans chanted " you can stuff you devolution up your @rse" as the Welsh nation pondered over independence.

Like many young uns at the time I exited Ewood from the Riverisde via the pitch. As I hauled myself up on the perimeter wall my heels kicked out behind me and caught a bloke square in the nuts.

Happy days.

I remember the night in question. Rovers fans chanted " you can stuff you devolution up your @rse" as the Welsh nation pondered over independence.

Like manny young uns at the time I exited Ewood from the Riverisde via the pitch. As I hauled myself up on the perimeter wall my heels kicked out behind me and caught a bloke square in the nuts.

Happy days.

Could be right there , didn't John Bailey get sent off for fighting ?

Not sure about the 4 - 1 though ..definately a night match .

Like manny young uns at the time I exited Ewood from the Riverisde via the pitch. As I hauled myself up on the perimeter wall my heels kicked out behind me and caught a bloke square in the nuts.

Happy days.

Jesus wept! I know that was a joke "Batman" but given my the current goings on and a sudden rise in people threatening legal action against our posters, you REALLY don't want to be making accusations like that, even in jest!

Jesus wept when society is in such a state that topic jokes cannot be said in jest. Not a dig at you, but it really is pathetic that people have to double think everything. Apologies.

Forgive me if I am stupid here but does not Lowes reaction to Bellamy's elbow say he is NOT easily bullied.

I stand corrected on my original post where i questioned why Lowe reacted to Bellamy. I was in the ground at the time and missed the elbow. In that case, Lowe's reaction was entirely justified. I also agree that he is one of our few players who is not easily bullied and not frightened of mixing it up.

My point still remains that he wasn't adequately backed up by his team mates.

Further my point remains that the majority of this squad are unable to 'mix it up' and are easily bullied in this league. In my opinion this is the softest squad I have seen in my 25 years of watching Rovers.

The fact they are so soft even extends to the recent cold weather. Is it coincidence that the results have taken a downturn since the cold weather set in? I am told that Rovers were training at 5.30pm last Tuesday on Ewood in order to try and adapt to the cold conditions they would face against Cardiff.

I think the best example was Rovers v Bolton on a cold Wednesday night - the majority of the Bolton team looked well built physically strong lads, a lot of whom were in short sleeve shirts. They looked up for it, relishing a game on a cold night. On the contrary our lads looked cold, they looked small compared to the Bolton team and a few had gloves on.

The fact they are so soft even extends to the recent cold weather. Is it coincidence that the results have taken a downturn since the cold weather set in? I am told that Rovers were training at 5.30pm last Tuesday on Ewood in order to try and adapt to the cold conditions they would face against Cardiff.

Ah so that's why they were in so early for the Disabled Supporters Party. Unfortunately they arrived so early to the party that many of the disabled supporters had not arrived and also left earlier than they usually do - so were sadly completely missed by some.

Scary that if true. Must say I couldn't see where'd they got 12,500 from as the total attendance. Was the emptiest I've ever seen Ewood for a league game.

I thought they counted ST's as attending every match?

The fact that it was bitter cold, Fri night and on the telly and we are crap meant that many would choose to watch at home or in the pub. Dunno about anybody else but I went to watch Bellamy as much as anything. Unfortunately he didn't disappoint.

Archived