BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] January Transfer Window 2014

neophox

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Need a striker to help Rhodes out, defense and goalkeeping i'm happy with but its the same story every window we need a creative midfielder! Good opportunity to shift some deadwood such as:

Edinho

Paulo Jorge

Bruno Riberio

Dickson Etuhu

Leon Best

Marcus Olsson

Jordan Slew

And Raheem Hanley if hes not knocking on the door.

Potential Loans:

Serge Gnarby/Jordan Ibe - Would be dynamite on the right wing, bags of pace.

Emmanuel Frimpong - Making his way back from a bad knee, could be the lynchpin in the middle to allow Cairney and Evans to advance more.

Luciano Becchio - Behind Van Wolswinkel, Elmander, Hooper - Big upgrade on Gestede and is proven in this division.

Harry Kane - Had a spell at Leicester last year, a Sheringham esque striker, maybe Sherwood could help us out?

Adlene Guedioura - Not had many mins for Palace, was cracking with Forest last year - ball playing midfielder what we lack.

I think the main objectives need to be:

1) Bring Robinson and Evans back into the first 11.

2) Sign Cairney permanently.

3) Sign a striker like Becchio/Kane on loan, and not Gestede.

I don't think we will attract buyers for any of that crap. I would consider selling Marrow and either loaning out Kean or selling Eastwood. Ibe and Gnabry would be bonus signings but both worth it because they would be brilliant additions.

Does anybody else suspect that Bowyer wasn't responsible for acquiring Judge, Marrow, Taylor and Eastwood, I always thought their signings where wrapped up a bit to quickly(by rovers current standards) at the end of last season, I suspect that they signed pre-contract agreements before they joined(arranged by Appleton during his mini reign, I further suspect) though Taylor and Eastwood are coming good and Judge on a free was worth a gamble(as for Marrow, he hasn't played enough to give a fair judgement)

Id keep hold of Judge, hes capable of being a cracking wee player. His delivery at times can be brilliant, he's versatile, homegrown and if he got a run i think he would be fine.

Agree on Marrow and Goody though.

Just heard a rumor that Leon Best to Leicester is on.

I think Judges tiny stature and lack of real pace just goes against him to much in this physical league(and no I don't think all players should be 6ft+, but 5ft nothing and a weak build with no outstanding attributes to make up for it just goes against him to much) although I still think hes a good little squad/backup player(but I suspect he wants to be more than that)

I suspect we will spend the window trying to shift the deadwood and inviting fighting bids for Rhodes.

With an embargo looming this could be our last chance to get bodies in for a while but I can see us getting more freebies and youngsters. We may even end up loaning out a few to reduce the wage bill temporarily.

I do worry how long this transfer embargo will last though. Is it until the finances fall back within FFP guidelines? If so, it could be a permanent fixture - if we are lucky! Although, in reality, it will probably force us into administration. I don't understand why we went to court to avoid paying Berg on the back of a very flimsy load of bs as a defence, yet we are sitting back and not overtly challenging FFP from a legal perspective - who is?

Once again we are looking amateurish with Bowyer going to India some time in January (and from the last interview I saw it hadn't even been decided when). From previous experience we have left it until the very last days to bring in new players. If the Indians were serious then we should bring new players in for the Forest game on January 11th.

I think it will once again a frustrating window for us with the Indians stringing Bowyer and the fans along once again.

• Backroom

How long until an unprompted and un needed interview with Derek in the LT along the lines of 'we have recieved no bids for Jordan and don't want to sell him but if someone came in with an offer over what we value him at we can't stand in his way nudge nudge wink wink'

Will Rovers sign Tom Cairney ?

Will Todd Kane return to Chelsea due to Adam Henleys superb form ?

Will Rovers reject Gestede and wrap up Another striker deal?

Please feel free to discuss as the window opens.

I think we will sign Cairney and Gestede permanent in the transfer window.

Kane will stay as we need him. give us a option at Right back and cover in case Henley gets injury

Potential Loans:

Emmanuel Frimpong - Making his way back from a bad knee, could be the lynchpin in the middle to allow Cairney and Evans to advance more.

Luciano Becchio - Behind Van Wolswinkel, Elmander, Hooper - Big upgrade on Gestede and is proven in this division.

Harry Kane - Had a spell at Leicester last year, a Sheringham esque striker, maybe Sherwood could help us out?

Adlene Guedioura - Not had many mins for Palace, was cracking with Forest last year - ball playing midfielder what we lack.

Frimpong would be a decent signing but a lot depends on his wages he on at Arsenal

Cant see Becchio going nowhere. a lot of championship clubs have tried for him on loan but Norwich wont allow him on loan.

Kane would be decent/goodish signing but cant see Spurs letting him to be a back up to Rhodes and sitting on bench in most games.

I think the main objectives need to be:

1) Bring Robinson and Evans back into the first 11.

2) Sign Cairney permanently.

3) Sign a striker like Becchio/Kane on loan, and not Gestede.

I don't think we will attract buyers for any of that crap. I would consider either loaning out Kean or selling Eastwood.

we don't know how well Robinson will be tbh. so would defo keep Eastwood and Kean at the club. Eastwood done well since become 1st choice keeper and keeping 3 clean sheets and made some really good saves.

Cairney is the priority signing for us.

Gestede loan deal is to be made permanent in January. don't early to judge him yet. only played 2 games for us yet

Need a striker to help Rhodes out, defense and goalkeeping i'm happy with but its the same story every window we need a creative midfielder! Good opportunity to shift some deadwood such as:

Edinho

Paulo Jorge

Bruno Riberio

Dickson Etuhu

Leon Best

Marcus Olsson

Jordan Slew

Potential Loans:

Good post. Problem is I cannot see anyone wanting any of those players. This alone could well be our death knell.

Perhaps Robiniho going somewhere in Brazil. Although one thought would be perhaps he should be back up to Henley sending Kane back to free up a loan space.

Like the list of loans - doubt we'll get anyone half as good as this though. Gestede may well be early days but it hasn't looked encouraging.

I like cairney alot, but if he's going to play right midfeild then he is a pointless waste of money. He struggles to get a game central now when lowe and williamson are fit, this only gets worse when evans returns.

Outside of king the team lacks pace. I'd rather blow any cash we have on a very pacey winger. For me our biggest issue in games is the high line teams insist on playing against us as we have no threat of pace running in behind them.

Nicko reckons Lucas Neill is training with us...He'd be handy and experienced at this level.

I heard a good one about loaning premiership players a while back something along the lines of if they start a game out on loan the loanee club pay 25% of wages, if he comes of the bench they pay 50% and if they don't play at all 75-100%, has anyone heard this before?

Nicko reckons Lucas Neill is training with us...He'd be handy and experienced at this level.

I heard a good one about loaning premiership players a while back something along the lines of if they start a game out on loan the loanee club pay 25% of wages, if he comes of the bench they pay 50% and if they don't play at all 75-100%, has anyone heard this before?

certainly would bring leadership qualities at the back which we are lacking , but he was a very rash player in his peak , and now he's older and slower i can only see him playing a few games because he'll be suspended most of the time

Edinho

Paulo Jorge

Bruno Riberio

Dickson Etuhu

Leon Best

Marcus Olsson

Jordan Slew

+ Goodwillie!

At the very best we'll get some of those players out on loans, can't see anyone buying them or even taking over their contracts for free. I don't think we should look to get rid of players beyond them though, we've been lucky with injuries so far but with the physicality and amount of games in this league I'm pretty sure we'll be in situations where players like Marrow and Judge will have to play big roles before the season is over.

Would anyone take Hoillett on loan?

Struggling to get in the QPR team, shadow of what he was here and the QPR fans unhappy with him.

Hoillett & Rhodes!

Cant see Harry loaning him out, plus I'd imagine he's on a huge wage.

That said if we got past all that I'd take him in a hartbeat.

Archived