BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Relegation Thread

Disappeared?

Yep, the people who were bankrolling him have decided to pull the plug.

Think Bolton have about 10 days to enter administration to get the points deduction this season. Enter after that or still in admin at the start of next season and the deduction will be applied then.

The court extension and admin dates fall into line, if they don't find a buyer they will be forced into admin and be deducted points. The FL/FA will be keen to get it settled whilst there is still a mathematical possibility of the staying up to avoid a situation like Boston/people calling foul play. I don't see why Bolton would fight it at this stage, its in their interest to take the hit now.

Looks like they may have just been trying to buy time to see if they could get some points on the board or throw in the towel with admin. Never seemed very concrete that Holdsworth thing as they couldn't show they had money to run the club right from the off.

Looks like they may have just been trying to buy time to see if they could get some points on the board or throw in the towel with admin. Never seemed very concrete that Holdsworth thing as they couldn't show they had money to run the club right from the off.

Not concrete at all but seems like it was actually better than the other options! I heard one of the Sports Shield backers had pulled out so has the whole thing collapsed now? Nixon stated that the football league even said they would keep an eye on Sports Shield which says a lot about their tests!

Here's the Sports Shield website...can't say the content particularly impresses me however glossy it might look.

http://www.sportsshield.co.uk/

What's the tax rules in the Isle of Man (?) since people have accused Davies of using BWFC as a tax writeoff. Thought it was the same as Jersey but might have somehow mixed it up with Pokerstars and gambling "offshore" laws.

Seneca aren't specifically a sports investment company of course but they might have had similar issues here with backers "in and out".

Edited by VinjayV4

From a relegation point of view, the pleasing thing is PL is making us difficult to beat. We don't leak a lot of goals(I'm not counting WHam). And Burnley were very fortunate to take 3pnts off us.

But now PL has got us playing and goals are starting to come and spread amongst players, the tide is turning.

Its just a shame there's not 10 more points on the board otherwise we might dare to dream!

From a relegation point of view, the pleasing thing is PL is making us difficult to beat. We don't leak a lot of goals(I'm not counting WHam). And Burnley were very fortunate to take 3pnts off us.

But now PL has got us playing and goals are starting to come and spread amongst players, the tide is turning.

Its just a shame there's not 10 more points on the board otherwise we might dare to dream!

Next season. If Venkys give Lambert £10m+ to spend then next season is gonna be a good one.

• Like 1

Agree. But we've had a few poxy 0-1 defeats that if had turned around we could be coming into a run of form higher up the table.

But yes, this season is one for consolidation and see what the summer brings.

Hypothetically how many of the 1-0 defeats we have had under Lambert do you think would happen if we had to play them with our current team? I think we would have got nine points from the Bolton, Reading, Cardiff and Brighton games.

• Like 1

Hypothetically how many of the 1-0 defeats we have had under Lambert do you think would happen if we had to play them with our current team? I think we would have got nine points from the Bolton, Reading, Cardiff and Brighton games.

I'd add Burnley, Home although I think we were the better team in that game anyway. And I think Derby at Home 0-0 was winnable then and defo winnable now.

Whats that, say 12-14 points extra? That puts us in the play offs.

Its all what ifs of course and we probably shouldn't do it.

Not over yet. Particularly after today's clueless capitulation and virtually all the teams below picking up unexpected points.

Clueless capitulation? Continuing to fight against 12 men into the dying minutes, resulting in a goal and could easily have forced an equaliser. Hardly a capitulation.

Some folk need to go for a lie down. Yes, it's sickening that Bumley just seem to be able to win every game but come on, they've had stability for 5 years and we've had genuine stability for about six months!

• Backroom

And the swingometre goes again; not sure in what world that counts as a clueless capitulation.

Some folk get a bit excited at the prospect of us failing.

• Like 5

Not over yet. Particularly after today's clueless capitulation and virtually all the teams below picking up unexpected points.

There are 8 teams below us.

4 lost, 2 drew (and I agree they were 2 unexpected points gained), only one won(Bristol City) and that had the effect of pushing Fulham further beneath us and Charlton didn't play!

Not much to fret about there!

No way was that clueless capitulation. A bad day at the office, yes. A day when Marshall couldn't hit a decent cross, when the ball wouldn't drop for us from any 50/50, where passes went astray more often than they have been recently and when our players were still trying at the end. I used to come away from a defeat feeling so down I'd be in a bad mood for the rest of the week. Today I felt we didn't do that much wrong so I felt cross we lost a winnable game but not really deflated , bored or downright angry

• Like 2

• Backroom

Agree Gumboots just felt like one of those days

Very little difference to the win midweek just the ball didn't go in at the right time - had Watts cross along the goalline been touched in I feel we would have been comfy. As it is some sloppy marking and a counter attacking goal - like ours midweek, leaves us frustrated.

• Backroom

Jeez, a lot of furious reaction to a poster who's mainly been on the wind up over PL since he was appointed :lol:

We're no great shakes but we aren't going down. On our day we'll get points from anybody in this division and we'll have enough of those days between now and the end of the season to stay up. Today was unfortunate, but ultimately nothing more than a match between two teams who have no prospects until the summer transfer window opens.