BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 4

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jones on 35k a week - still want him? (will likely want 3 year deal)

Not at that price no. Too much of a gamble. A loan would be more sensible.

Nzogbia being allowed to leave Villa...

In full flow he'd be an amazing signing for us!!

Another one with an attitude problem. Given where Villa are and that they are prepared to let him go, it must be bad.

Good happily keep him add a few decent players to this squad with our 20 goal striker up top I'd be happy with that.

There is an opinion that if we get better players then Rhodes will score more, the opposite could actually be true. Better players might actually highlight the weaknesses in his game. It's a big early call for Lambert, stick or twist with Jordan.

Jones would deffo be the target man we need

Not for me. A lazy sod who has never fulfilled anywhere near his potential.

Jones on 35k a week - still want him? (will likely want 3 year deal)

Offer him £10k - with significant bonus if we are promoted. At least that way we know he will give 100% to get us promoted.

There is an opinion that if we get better players then Rhodes will score more, the opposite could actually be true. Better players might actually highlight the weaknesses in his game. It's a big early call for Lambert, stick or twist with Jordan.

I have a feeling that PL would sell Rhodes given the right offer - though obviously that could all change if Rhodes decides to go on a scoring spurt. TBH the feel good factor around Ewood would possibly allow our owners to cash in on our prize asset without being lynched.

I don't see that at all he's a penalty box poacher any improvements that gets us playing further up the pitch the guy has scored 20+ goals every season so far .

Nzogbia being allowed to leave Villa...

In full flow he'd be an amazing signing for us!!

N'Zogbia hasn't been in 'full flow' for five years.

I want players who are hungry to play at the top level. Players like N'Zogbia & Agbonlahor don't fit the bill.

I want players who are hungry to play at the top level. Players like N'Zogbia & Agbonlahor don't fit the bill.

Completely agree. We have youngish players with a bit to prove. We start chucking in has-beens after a leisurely stroll and one last big pay check and morale would suffer. I would rather he play a youth player who loves the shirt.

Kenwyne Jones, Agbonlahor and N'Zogbia are all a no for me. If Lambert gets players like that then I think that is lazy scouting.

If the Lambert mgt. team are a step up from Bowyer and co (which I think they are) then I am hoping for more imaginative signings.

I agree with you to be fair, there's some brilliant young players In the lower divisions too. I just saw the story and made the link with PL.

Completely agree. We have youngish players with a bit to prove. We start chucking in has-beens after a leisurely stroll and one last big pay check and morale would suffer. I would rather he play a youth player who loves the shirt.

Kenwyne Jones, Agbonlahor and N'Zogbia are all a no for me. If Lambert gets players like that then I think that is lazy scouting.

If the Lambert mgt. team are a step up from Bowyer and co (which I think they are) then I am hoping for more imaginative signings.

Here's another thought. How's about if PL and his team were able to motivate those three players to rediscover their best form? I'd say IF they could then those players would tear that league up. And we'd probably go up..

Just a thought....don't think I'd be too hasty to rule anything out. I Just trust the manager.

Jones would be a good signing - saw him live the other night captain TnT against a full strength USA side here in Trinidad (which included Jermaine Jones). He was a class above in that game. Good footballer.

Somewhat biased I imagine, but there are 3/4 extremely talented players in that Trinidad team. Centre half Sheldon Bateau will be a hell of a player. Currently playing in the Russian Premier for FC Krylia Sovetov. Winger Joevin Jones, currently at Chicago, is a good winger.

Improve the service to Rhodes and he'll score.

It's simple really.

Some people really seem to hate him one moment he does not work upfront by himself as he does nothing but score now its if we had better players to support him he would be shown up.

He can't seem to win yet either way he will still score around 20 goals for us.

Here's another thought. How's about if PL and his team were able to motivate those three players to rediscover their best form? I'd say IF they could then those players would tear that league up. And we'd probably go up..

Just a thought....don't think I'd be too hasty to rule anything out. I Just trust the manager.

Gotta agree - who would have thought an ageing Turkish midfield player bought from the Scottish Premiership would go onto be one of our modern greats ? Indeed our recent history is littered with aging players that got a second lease of live from Stapleton to Moran to Cowans to Gale etc etc

I don't see that at all he's a penalty box poacher any improvements that gets us playing further up the pitch the guy has scored 20+ goals every season so far .

That's the catch 22, Rhodes does struggle getting us further up the park.

Think it will be down to owners to be honest, think they have blocked his sale a few times, or one of them has.

Agree with this - it is embarrassing that we go whole matches (and quite a few of them) without creating one clear-cut opportunity for Rhodes

The counterargument would be that Rhodes' inability to lead the line & link-up with midfield contributes to the lack of service.

whatever happened to Darron Gibson eh?? i remember us being linked with him a few years ago , 14 games in the last 2 and a bit seasons , shame

Came on against Norwich. Very similar player to Huddlestone at Hull... Big, not athletic but has a decent shot and can pick a pass.

Archived