BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

should he lie and brown nose?

No, Abbey, he shouldn't.

What he should do is deal with it internally and do what he's paid for. Ironic, in my opinion, that he has chosen to complain about having to do 'non football' related things, yet he does an interview about said things. All this seems to have done is once again alienate the fanbase/cause panic.

In no way are Venkys doing a great job and of course, many of us would agree with Lambert's sentiments. The running of the football club is shambolic, we all know it, but this press interview won't do anything to help Lamberts cause. Show's a lack of leadership in my opinion - if I did something similar about my boss I would be out of the door.

There is a need for perspective here - to us, as fans, Rovers is important and something we all love. We therefore want the best for it and want to believe Venkys feel the same. Unfortunately for us Venkys are a gobal conglomerate who own hundreds of companies, generating them billions in pofit. We are a small piece of that business jigsaw. I doubt our grievences give them much concern. This is modern day football unfortunately, great ey?

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What he should do is deal with it internally and do what he's paid for. Ironic, in my opinion, that he has chosen to complain about having to do 'non football' related things, yet he does an interview about said things. All this seems to have done is once again alienate the fanbase/cause panic

Ordinarily, you might have a point, but if Lambert has tried to sort this thing out internally and been stonewalled, I can understand him speaking out to the media to get his point across.

Sounds like Myers has been trying to get the info that Lambert needs, but couldn't manage it. Probably felt his position was untenable so handed in his notice.

Lambert said about Myers 'in due time, the story will start to unfold'.

What is 'the story' and how can this 'start to unfold'?

Given Lambert's interview, I think this is all about the investment he wants/needs but, sadly, it seems increasingly likely the required investment will not be forthcoming.

He's got one foot out the door already. I'd be astonished if he stays.

What is the point in appointing the man and his backroom team in the first place? There's no excuse for this. They must have had a good idea of this years accounts so its no surprise. All it shows is our owners cannot grasp long term thinking.

You can hear him getting increasingly narked off with it all. That interview was so telling its untrue. Basically a disguised apology in advance to the fans. 'I'd like to stay and help, but i've really got to get out of here'. I don't even see it as a veiled threat to the owners anymore. Its a manager resigned to being told he's not got a pot to pee in. The line about villa was him reinforcing why he's off. He's been there before and said he'll never do it again. To come back from this he's gonna have to be convinced he's got a big whack to spend. And lets be honest he won't get it because we simply haven't got it.

How many years have these clowns been here? However long it is they have exactly the same idea they had when they pitched up. Bugger all.

Well this is a giant shitstorm aint it?!

Needed to be said, echo PV in saying a veiled apology to us. Why should he go quietly if their not gonna invest? Again we're probably going to be left with more questions than answers.

This aint gonna be pretty.

Ordinarily, you might have a point, but if Lambert has tried to sort this thing out internally and been stonewalled, I can understand him speaking out to the media to get his point across.

But do you know for certain he has been stonewalled?

I've said it from day one, I like Paul Lambert he's a straight talker and if he walks at the end of the season or before, IMO it's time

to stop buying ST'S.

I agree.

I'm not getting into a panic and am prepared to wait BUT I am also wholly behind this manager and if he isn't backed accordingly, or if we go back to simply pratting about, I will not renew.

Well this is a giant shitstorm aint it?!

Needed to be said, echo PV in saying a veiled apology to us. Why should he go quietly if their not gonna invest? Again we're probably going to be left with more questions than answers.

This aint gonna be pretty.

But they must have bloody well known they couldn't invest. This latest loss shouldn't be bloody surprise. So when its stripped back to basics, they saw a relegation threatened squad under Bowyer and thought 'Maybe if we get a proper manager in he could turn this lot from fodder to promotion prospects'. It beggars belief.

I swear if one of them walked past my front room window right now i'd throttle them. I'm so effin angry about this. And to make matters worse, it seems very likely that they've not only reneged on their promises / suggestions, they aren't even big enough to tell him! I'm starting to think me giving Myers the benefit of the doubt over his departure was naive. I can quite imagine he didn't fancy being the man to tell Lambert the cupboard is bare.

• Backroom

I genuinely very concerned after that interview. I believe Lambert is THE key to our hopes of going up next year. If they don't back him, I'm not going back next season.

No, Abbey, he shouldn't.

What he should do is deal with it internally and do what he's paid for. Ironic, in my opinion, that he has chosen to complain about having to do 'non football' related things, yet he does an interview about said things. All this seems to have done is once again alienate the fanbase/cause panic.

In no way are Venkys doing a great job and of course, many of us would agree with Lambert's sentiments. The running of the football club is shambolic, we all know it, but this press interview won't do anything to help Lamberts cause. Show's a lack of leadership in my opinion - if I did something similar about my boss I would be out of the door.

There is a need for perspective here - to us, as fans, Rovers is important and something we all love. We therefore want the best for it and want to believe Venkys feel the same. Unfortunately for us Venkys are a gobal conglomerate who own hundreds of companies, generating them billions in pofit. We are a small piece of that business jigsaw. I doubt our grievences give them much concern. This is modern day football unfortunately, great ey?

hes done right.

VENKYS OUT

No, Abbey, he shouldn't.

Lambert shouldn't have to do this kind of interview anyway - so no wonder he may make mistakes. It should be the Chief exec or chairman answering the questions asked.

I genuinely very concerned after that interview. I believe Lambert is THE key to our hopes of going up next year. If they don't back him, I'm not going back next season.

Same for me if he walks due to not being backed I'm done until they are gone. Time for a poll.

But they must have bloody well known they couldn't invest. This latest loss shouldn't be bloody surprise. So when its stripped back to basics, they saw a relegation threatened squad under Bowyer and thought 'Maybe if we get a proper manager in he could turn this lot from fodder to promotion prospects'. It beggars belief.

I swear if one of them walked past my front room window right now i'd throttle them. I'm so effin angry about this. And to make matters worse, it seems very likely that they've not only reneged on their promises / suggestions, they aren't even big enough to tell him! I'm starting to think me giving Myers the benefit of the doubt over his departure was naive. I can quite imagine he didn't fancy being the man to tell Lambert the cupboard is bare.

Oh I imagine they know full well what figure they "want" to invest. As Mercer said earlier in this thread (and a few older ones) perhaps they thought Lambert could get us up THIS season?! Yeah ridiculous but we already knew that. They'll never be forgiven for what they've done but I think most would begrudgingly tolerate (I'm not getting into an apologist argument) them. They STILL persist on bumbling from one moronic decision to the next instead of appointing a reasonable and normal board structure to self-serve (not self help as we've been through)

Maybe Myers knows full well what's coming?

I'm probably not making much sense myself as I'm bloody fuming (again!!) at the sheer idiocy of their disastrous ownership.

Nothing surprises me anymore, fair play to Lambo for calling them out though.

It basically comes down to this. We're pretty much fecked already. Do we trust Lambert enough to put our last tenner on him?

IMO, I can't see anyone else better suited. Its a huge risk, but with our overheads and our shyte income, i can't see how we can slowly eat away at this debt.

It basically comes down to this. We're pretty much fecked already. Do we trust Lambert enough to put our last tenner on him?

IMO, I can't see anyone else better suited. Its a huge risk, but with our overheads and our shyte income, i can't see how we can slowly eat away at this debt.

Time for our owners to either s h i t or get off the pot.

Oh I imagine they know full well what figure they "want" to invest. As Mercer said earlier in this thread (and a few older ones) perhaps they thought Lambert could get us up THIS season?! Yeah ridiculous but we already knew that. They'll never be forgiven for what they've done but I think most would begrudgingly tolerate (I'm not getting into an apologist argument) them. They STILL persist on bumbling from one moronic decision to the next instead of appointing a reasonable and normal board structure to self-serve (not self help as we've been through)

Maybe Myers knows full well what's coming?

I'm probably not making much sense myself as I'm bloody fuming (again!!) at the sheer idiocy of their disastrous ownership.

Nothing surprises me anymore, fair play to Lambo for calling them out though.

Eh sorry BC, I didn't mean to quote you as if venting at what you said. I'm just livid at this. I can't even put it into words. Even with moderate investment and a full preseaon i'd back Lambert to have us around the play-offs. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I feel like ABBEY'S soul has infiltrated my usually balanced mind. Where's a bloody snowball when you need one!!!

Not now they won't!

I think you'll find that the IPL starts on April 9th and goes on for a month, oh and their local team in Pune has spent a ton of money on some of the world's best players so Venkys are highly likely to be watching too much cricket to be bothered about BRFC until mid May. Lambert should wait until then to ask for spending money.

Eh sorry BC, I didn't mean to quote you as if venting at what you said. I'm just livid at this. I can't even put it into words. Even with moderate investment and a full preseaon i'd back Lambert to have us around the play-offs. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I feel like ABBEY'S soul has infiltrated my usually balanced mind. Where's a bloody snowball when you need one!!!

None taken :lol:

No I didn't take it that way mate, just getting involved :lol:

I'm agreeing with you and agree with backing Lambert to have us up there with just "some" investment.

A bat would be so much more satisfying

Archived