BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Martin Samuelson

klos

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm struggling with this one. We're second bottom of the league, have been in the drop zone all season, are favourites to get relegated, yet we can afford to start sending players away in mid-November?

It might just be me but when there's no emergency loan window to patch up the squad and we're in dire straits in the League, it might perhaps make sense to keep hold of as many players as possible who are fit and ready to play when called upon.

Granted Samuelsen hasn't really featured so far this season, and granted he might want to go elsewhere to play, but couldn't it wait 6 weeks until January to minimise the risk?

If he has to spend all December sat on his backside on the bench then so be it. At least he'd be there if the worst happened and injuries/suspensions meant he was needed for the first team.

If he isn't able to be accommodated in Coyle's system then why was he signed?

Maybe I'm just overreacting. I tend to get concerned when we're on the brink of a catastrophic relegation to the 3rd division and an already threadbare squad is shrinking further because we're happy to send people back to parent clubs in November. My view is its better to have as many people as possible in the building fit and ready for action to try and keep us up this season.

Why did we sign him then?

And why was the venky yes man just bigging him up last week. What a joke, wrong agent or what? Watch him go on to great things, Coyle is a complete no mark as a manager but he's got the Steve no dogs Kean lifeline.

One of the country's top young talents, according to Coyley, has now gone back to WHAM - loan spell ended.

Presumably, we will now see Wharton starting a few more games if a bob or two has been saved on Samuelson.

Yet again, IMV, Rovers showing they have no plan.

Of course there is a plan, just that we din't know it and it has NOTHING to do with the success of our football club, or it's long term future. Can't we get Venkys to visit America and drive by a grassy knoll.

The fact that he was allowed to play AGAINST Rovers even at development level whilst on loan here suggests that this was no ordinary loan deal.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the lad has had a quiet word with his masters at WHU the other night and said it's doing nothing for me, I'd rather play in WHU U23s than Blackburn U23s, and he's been recalled.

The club could nip this in the bud by just saying so. But then they might have to explain why we don't play him, or why we loaned him in the first place.

Samuelson also played for west ham u23s on the 31st October but otherwise has not featured. Reading between the lines you seem to be able to play in u23s premier league even if you are not a registered player.

Not saying it's a free for all, I'm sure there are some rules.

I might be way off ... But didn't Wes brown play for us loads before we signed him ?

Disappointed we are sending Samuelson back but he was not able to get into our team, and on seeing him play.. Technique is defiantly there. Strength, tactics etc not yet... But will have a future.

He never did anything in any of his appearances apart from looking a million miles away from being a Championship player.

Couldn't agree more. Not the first loan signing over the years who hasn't made a mark at Ewood. The likes of Billy Askew, Martin Foyle and Nigel Gray all had spells at Ewood, when we had little or no money, without breaking into the team and they all had excellent careers in League football. Like any transfer - sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. On the evidence of what they have shown so far I wouldn't be too disappointed to see the likes of Hendrie and Byrne return to their clubs and enable the likes of Doyle and Tomlinson to step up into their places in the senior squad.

Couldn't agree more. Not the first loan signing over the years who hasn't made a mark at Ewood. The likes of Billy Askew, Martin Foyle and Nigel Gray all had spells at Ewood, when we had little or no money, without breaking into the team and they all had excellent careers in League football. Like any transfer - sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. On the evidence of what they have shown so far I wouldn't be too disappointed to see the likes of Hendrie and Byrne return to their clubs and enable the likes of Doyle and Tomlinson to step up into their places in the senior squad.

I haven't sen him play for Rovers but I saw him whilst he was on loan at Peterborough last season and he looked like a player. He is a regular in the full Norwegian side which must be an indication of his ability. You are right sometimes loan moves (or even permanent moves) don't work out but I can't help thinking that on the occasion he has been badly managed and never really got a chance and seeing the likes of Feeney ahead of him must have been galling to him. As for giving the kids a chance (despite the nonsense spouted by Cheston and Coyle) I'll believe it hen I see it.

The fact that he was allowed to play AGAINST Rovers even at development level whilst on loan here suggests that this was no ordinary loan deal.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the lad has had a quiet word with his masters at WHU the other night and said it's doing nothing for me, I'd rather play in WHU U23s than Blackburn U23s, and he's been recalled.

The club could nip this in the bud by just saying so. But then they might have to explain why we don't play him, or why we loaned him in the first place.

playing for parent club at u23 level is part of the rule changes this season regarding loans it was changed so parent club could get players games if they where not getting them like samuelson, i take it the other loanees must not be good enough for their own u23 squads.

If a loan player isn't brought with a view to buy or play permenantly then I just don't see why the supporters should have to pay to watch an outsider who's simply getting game time to develop his career.

It stinks !

Be a nightmare if young Gally gets recalled and even worse if he's replaced by Barnes. Seems the rag is now putting him in the shop window and I bet they can't wait for Marshall to have a good game so they can get that one rolling again !

Be a nightmare if young Gally gets recalled and even worse if he's replaced by Barnes. Seems the rag is now putting him in the shop window and I bet they can't wait for Marshall to have a good game so they can get that one rolling again !

To be fair we've all been waiting for Marshall to have a good game..............

It seems the Telegraph's sole purpose these days is to act as a propaganda machine for the club and to do the clubs dirty work when it comes to generating speculation and rumour about players.

We all know there's a fire sale underway at the club. What we don't need is for the local paper to spend its time helping Cheston on this project by advertising players for sale in the lead up to every transfer window.

Its now getting to the stage where we've so few assets left that belong to the club that they're now talking about how our loan players could be on the move and could do better than being at Rovers.

It seems the Telegraph's sole purpose these days is to act as a propaganda machine for the club and to do the clubs dirty work when it comes to generating speculation and rumour about players.

We all know there's a fire sale underway at the club. What we don't need is for the local paper to spend its time helping Cheston on this project by advertising players for sale in the lead up to every transfer window.

Its now getting to the stage where we've so few assets left that belong to the club that they're now talking about how our loan players could be on the move and could do better than being at Rovers.

Spot on.

I also find it amazing that there are some who think its ok for a Rovers paid employee such as Wes (not played a game yet) Brown to run his mouth and basically create discontent with the younger players hes being paid to assist. IMO.

Looks like the LT is agent controlled or influenced and has been since Cryer left. The season ticket holders should be asking for their money back.

To be fair we've all been waiting for Marshall to have a good game..............

Unless he's got something sorted I've a feeling he'll be trying his best in December .........

Or shock horror if he has sorted something he'll be having a few stinkers. Own goal anyone :huh:

Saints have probably sent him here for the shop window but it's ridiculous the local rag doing their bit as well. The only line they should be taking is beating the drum for money to be stumped up to at least try and sign him full time or seek assurances he stays till summer seeing as he's been given a chance here.

Can't help thinking they are preparing the ground for him to go back and as usual turning it onto the player. Remember Tom Lawrence called back then immediately sent somewhere else.

Sam Gallagher has arguably done better than Abrahams IMO, he's 2 goals behind him yet has been playing in a team rooted to the bottom 3 virtually since day 1 of the season. I think Southampton will be very pleased with his development and probably quite happy he's having to do it the hard way. He will learn a lot more about the rigours of elite level football scrapping at the bottom with lesser quality players than he would at say Newcastle.

Got to give Coyle some credit for getting this lad in and credit Sam himself as the loan is working well for both parties. Consider we had NO strikers at the beginning of the season and take into account how many times strikers don't work out particularly in a weak team, Brown & Varney for instance. Oh and so called established ones on big wages like DJ etc then muppets like Badwillie.

Danger here is he catches the attention of another championship pace setter who fancies a try before you buy or offers a good loan fee and both he and Saints fancy it for the second half of the season.

I agree with sending Byrne and Hendrie. Both I think aren't good enough for us in our situation

I want to see more of our under 23/academy players coming through now

I haven't sen him play for Rovers but I saw him whilst he was on loan at Peterborough last season and he looked like a player. He is a regular in the full Norwegian side which must be an indication of his ability. You are right sometimes loan moves (or even permanent moves) don't work out but I can't help thinking that on the occasion he has been badly managed and never really got a chance and seeing the likes of Feeney ahead of him must have been galling to him. As for giving the kids a chance (despite the nonsense spouted by Cheston and Coyle) I'll believe it hen I see it.

for me, Samuelsen isn't strong enough in this league and like I said he doesn't fit our formation we are playing.

when he played he hasn't done enough at all

well with Samuelsen going back it will give Connor Mahoney more of a chance. Plus we have seen Wharton and Nyambe this season, and hopefully as the season goes on we will see Tomlinson, Hardcastle and Doyle given their chance aswell

The season ticket holders should be asking for their money back.

why should we?

Archived