BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shrewsbury Away

Ricky

Just now, AAK said:

You're missing the point completely, it's not about a feeling of entitlement, it's about a feeling of being sold short regularly mate. I want someone who is willing to put his neck on the line and give these lot a kick up the arse and tell us that we should be the team to beat 

I couldn't care less what he says in public before the game. If he says that we should be winning and we're better than the other lot etc etc then he comes across as big headed and arrogant and he looks a right berk if we dont get the result.

Privately it's completely different and the players should be in no doubt about what is expected and the performance level required from each of them.

It's results and performances that matter.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Massive divide on Dack.

I haven't seen anything from today but a few saying Dack is terrible and plenty saying he was good and trying to make things happen.

A potentially frustrating player but one I would prefer in our team rather than against us. 

Just now, Tom said:

Massive divide on Dack.

I haven't seen anything from today but a few saying Dack is terrible and plenty saying he was good and trying to make things happen.

A potentially frustrating player but one I would prefer in our team rather than against us. 

He was good today. The only creative spark besides Chapman.

TM :

"I think it was probably our poorest performance of the season," said the Rovers boss after the match.

"I told them afterwards that it was an unacceptable performance from where I sat and watched it.

"I expect Blackburn Rovers to be a lot better than Shrewsbury Town and we didn't show that today. In fact we struggled for long spells in the game.

Awful awful formation and team selection.

Why on earth did it take nearly 70 mins to make the obvious changes?

its not rocket science. As soon as we had some width Shrewsbury panicked.  

Mowbray cost us the points today. 

from BBC Radio Lancs commentary I listened to, our performance was very poor. But we got a point at the end of the day. 

Chapman and Antonsson seemed to have a positive impact. 

Graham didn't perform again. Ward and Raya were pathetic. 

Mowbray post match comments saying it was unacceptable performance by the players. 

Just now, OJRovers said:

Awful awful formation and team selection.

Why on earth did it take nearly 70 mins to make the obvious changes?

its not rocket science. As soon as we had some width Shrewsbury panicked.  

Mowbray cost us the points today. 

what formation and team selection would you like to see? 

If Mowbray doesn't get 6 points this week at home surely he will start to lose grip on his position because we simply cant afford to increase the size of the mountain we already have to climb to catch up.

Watched on facebook, Raya made another howler and in general was all over the place, hes always got a mistake in him he needs taking out for Leutwiler.

Chapman has to be the first name on the team sheet, hes our only player who takes people on with pace and every match he comes on and creates chances.

Anyone could have told you that we needed a centre back, Ward is past it, yet with Lenihan out long term we cant change it unless we bring in an MK Dons reserve.

Dack on the wing is ridiculous, he needs to be as a 10 or not playing basically, why make him our main signing without the foggiest of how to use him.

Samuel for the 4th game in a row did nothing either, not convinced by him at all.

With the players he already had (Conway, Bennett, Graham) and the money hes been able to spend to bring in on Dack, Samuel, Antonsson, Chapman, Gladwin being far more than any other manager in the league, our ineptness in terms of creating and scoring chances is a joke.

Need to make changes on Tuesday, Leutwiler for Raya, maybe Downing (as bad as he is) for Ward, Whittingham for Smallwood or Evans, Chapman wide and Dack as a 10. Maybe Hart at left back too.

Chaddy, you keep quoting Mowbray and saying how you like what hes saying, surely you have to say he needs to stop talking rubbish and not acting up on it, already an uphill task and considered the resources we have, surely you have to say our start isnt good enough?

Just now, Tom said:

Massive divide on Dack.

The commentators on Radio Lancs were of the view he's a deep lying midfield player.  Definitely not a wide man.

If TM is making him our main summer signing i wish a) he'd play him and b ) he'd play him in his best position!

19 minutes ago, Tom said:

Massive divide on Dack.

I didn't see the game either listened to it though.Sounded like did OK but even if he was poor he isn't a wide player so shouldn't be playing there.We spent 750k on him and his record at Gillingham suggests he can both create and score goals so it's up to the manager who signed him to play him in a position where he can be at his best

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Chaddy, you keep quoting Mowbray and saying how you like what hes saying, surely you have to say he needs to stop talking rubbish and not acting up on it, already an uphill task and considered the resources we have, surely you have to say our start isnt good enough?

This week Ive barley been on the messageboard due to work commitments. 

Not an uphill task at all. Its 8 games with 38 games to go. 

Our start isn't awful or brilliant but we should have perform better in certain games

Just now, islander200 said:

I didn't see the game either listened to it though.Sounded like did OK but even if he was poor he isn't a wide player so shouldn't be playing there.We spent 750k on him and his record at Gillingham suggests he can both create and score goals so it's up to the manager who signed him to play him in a position where he can be at his best

At Gills he played behind the striker when he scored an obscene amount of goals! Great technique and needs to be threading those through balls. Wasted on the wing, not the pace, stamina or crossing ability. 

Just now, Dunnfc said:

At Gills he played behind the striker when he scored an obscene amount of goals! Great technique and needs to be threading those through balls. Wasted on the wing, not the pace, stamina or crossing ability. 

I was hoping he would have started behind Samuel today and I think he should on Tuesday. Graham didn't take his chance today and in my opinion Antonnson is poor so play Dack off Samuel and start Chapman wide.The biggest positive for me when the teams where announced was seeing Travis and Hunt on the bench as I'm hoping it means they are close to getting a start,Travis has looked like the full back we have been crying out for in the under 23 games I've seen,admittedly seen nothing of Hunt but can't be worse than Williams.I really do think our full backs are terrible both Caddis and Williams 

Glad to see some strong words from TM as the performance was woeful today. Need to see some changes of personnel on Tuesday.

On a positive note, quite a few teams who will be in and around the promotion mix at the end dropped points today. Also, to put in a shocking display and still come away with a point away to the best team in the league so far has got to be a promising sign. To have gone 13 points adrift of the top would have been a real blow. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Head coach Tony Mowbray isn't impressed by @rovers draw at Shrewsbury https://t.co/GKPeoErn1q https://t.co/6aeV9F6dye

Sounds like Dack played out wide left after all. That's a crazy decision when we have Chapman on the bench. I envisaged Dack playing behind the front two today not out wide. Worrying to hear that Mowbray doesn't think Dack has got two games in him in a short space of time.

From what I read it sounds like Graham is no longer interested. We may as well send him training with the kids.

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

This week Ive barley been on the messageboard due to work commitments. 

Not an uphill task at all. Its 8 games with 38 games to go. 

Our start isn't awful or brilliant but we should have perform better in certain games

10 points off the top already, away from Shrewsbury who like all the other teams have teams who cost considerably less than ours. What do you consider uphill?

Spent well over a million on numerous attacking players to compliment the ones who were apparently interesting Championship sides, yet are rubbish in front of goal.

Not good enough so far, has to improve and urgently.

11 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Glad to see some strong words from TM as the performance was woeful today. Need to see some changes of personnel on Tuesday.

On a positive note, quite a few teams who will be in and around the promotion mix at the end dropped points today. Also, to put in a shocking display and still come away with a point away to the best team in the league so far has got to be a promising sign. To have gone 13 points adrift of the top would have been a real blow. 

Why are you glad, he always says stuff like that and rarely does he provoke a reaction. Need wins, not words.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Why are you glad, he always says stuff like that and rarely does he provoke a reaction. Need wins, not words.

Yeah, water off a ducks back with some of these players. How we turn it around I don't really know. Are there players out there with pride and, desire and some self respect ? We needed to have signed some.

14 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He said similar after the Southend and Doncaster games and we went on to win 4 games in a row and saw personnel changes. 

Ward needs dropping, Dack needs moving into a behind the striker role, and Chapman needs starting. We may just see a change of personnel in the next game. 

Archived