BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

It was an interesting listen on radio lancs re last nights meeting. Mowbray essentially said that Chapman isn't ready as a starter and he has players lined up who are ready. Still hope Chapman comes back even as just an impact sub. He's a terrific talent and would be a positive boost for the club. Its great that he wants to come. Make it happen Tony!

Love to know who the scruffy git was who Mowbray won't be signing because he turned up for a meeting in ripped jeans and a baseball cap which he never took off! Got to have standards. 

Edited by Ladyboys of Bank Top
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think Bolton might moved for Rhodes on loan. 

So lets just check I've got this right:

- Rhodes scores nearly 100 goals in 4 years at Rovers in the Championship yet 2 years later is no longer good enough for a side fresh out of League One with only 1 proven striker on the books.

- Rhodes might be available this summer but you don't want him, preferring someone like Sam Winnall who has also spent most of the last 12 months sat on his backside in the Hillsborough dugout.

- Even if you did want him you believe he is out of our reach financially, yet curiously he's within reach for skint Bolton Wanderers (a side we will need to finish above next season).

- For some reason players that cost more money are deemed to work less hard and spending less money means that those coming in will graft harder or buy into the team spirit more, yet I'm not sure where this comes from.

Think I've had enough of the Rhodes debate for this week.....

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

Love to know who the scruffy git was who Mowbray won't be signing because he turned up for a meeting in ripped jeans and a baseball cap which he never took off! Got to have standards. 

I’ll take a guess at that lad who ended up at Bolton, oztumer. I think a signing was close last week reading between the lines and all that, but fell through. We’ve had enough wrong un’s through the door in recent years. Fair play to TM on that. Only takes one or two bad apples, as we well know.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

Could it be?

denim-style-icons-bros-1.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

It was an interesting listen on radio lancs re last nights meeting. Mowbray essentially said that Chapman isn't ready as a starter and he has players lined up who are ready. Still hope Chapman comes back even as just an impact sub. He's a terrific talent and would be a positive boost for the club. Its great that he wants to come. Make it happen Tony!

Fair play to him if true, a bit like in Ternants book where it was something along the lines of this lower league lad turned up with his agent in an open top sports car and the agent came in with his laptop and the first thing they asked for was a house so he got told to be on his way straight away.

6 hours ago, Miker said:

I think I know who our new scouting team is...

https://www.redbull.com/gb-en/fm-2018-best-lower-league-players-to-sign

I can't say much about the other players on that list  but the Daniels lad at Wigan was on loan at Rochdale and he was struggling in a team that came within an ace of being relegated. My Dale supporting friends weren't all that impressed.

8 hours ago, JHRover said:

So lets just check I've got this right:

- Rhodes scores nearly 100 goals in 4 years at Rovers in the Championship yet 2 years later is no longer good enough for a side fresh out of League One with only 1 proven striker on the books.

- Rhodes might be available this summer but you don't want him, preferring someone like Sam Winnall who has also spent most of the last 12 months sat on his backside in the Hillsborough dugout.

- Even if you did want him you believe he is out of our reach financially, yet curiously he's within reach for skint Bolton Wanderers (a side we will need to finish above next season).

- For some reason players that cost more money are deemed to work less hard and spending less money means that those coming in will graft harder or buy into the team spirit more, yet I'm not sure where this comes from.

Think I've had enough of the Rhodes debate for this week.....

Firstly Winnall was on loan at Derby last season so not sat at Wednesday bench like you say. 

I think its time that we moved on Rhodes. He left his choice by the way. Also his wages wouldnt fit our budget or Mowbray thoughts on bringing players on more money and upsetting the squad morale, squad togetherness and spirit. 

Winnall got 4 times what he moved to Wednesday from Barnsley. How much was he on at Barnsley but I dont think it huge amount. 

I believe Bolton are interest in Rhodes if the numbers are right. Ipswich and Sunderland were interest in him aswell last January

Edited by chaddyrovers

9 hours ago, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

If you are judging modern day players on their sense of style and class you wouldn't be signing many. I used to wear jeans that had ripped a bit under my overalls. I've thrown them in the bin when they've got as bad as people wear to go out in today.

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Firstly Winnall was on loan at Derby last season so not sat at Wednesday bench like you say. 

I think its time that we moved on Rhodes. He left his choice by the way. Also his wages wouldnt fit our budget or Mowbray thoughts on bringing players on more money and upsetting the squad morale, squad togetherness and spirit. 

Winnall got 4 times what he moved to Wednesday from Barnsley. How much was he on at Barnsley but I dont think it huge amount. 

A player like Rhodes wouldn't fit into our style of play. The dogs in the street know he's ineffectual playing up front as a lone striker like Graham does.

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If you are judging modern day players on their sense of style and class you wouldn't be signing many. I used to wear jeans that had ripped a bit under my overalls. I've thrown them in the bin when they've got as bad as people wear to go out in today.

Could have taken his cap off, put on a decent jacket and shirt. I think Mowbray has seen an attitude problem in there somewhere and the lack of suitable dress sense, an idea of what's appropriate to the occasion, is just the obvious outward sign of it 

I can tell you now Chaddy Bolton are in a financial mess and cannot pay the wages of a player like Rhodes. When we say skint I mean they are without any investment and have no cash flow. Rhodes will end up at Norwich that’s my bet.

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I believe Bolton are interest in Rhodes if the numbers are right. Ipswich and Sunderland were interest in him aswell last January

Personal opinion or from somewhere? If so, where?

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Rhodes will be just what they need for next season's relegation battle.

He scored goals with regularity here not long ago, whether they kept us up from relegation in poor disjointed teams like in his first season, or when he scored 20 goals more than once in pursuits of the play offs, in seasons whereby the manager/rest of the teams failed to get close to his standards.

Understand why people are saying he wont or should come back, particularly financially, just dont get the disregard and disrespect considering his record here.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

A player like Rhodes wouldn't fit into our style of play. The dogs in the street know he's ineffectual playing up front as a lone striker like Graham does.

agreed and we need more of striker with strength and pace who can score goals also

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

I can tell you now Chaddy Bolton are in a financial mess and cannot pay the wages of a player like Rhodes. When we say skint I mean they are without any investment and have no cash flow. Rhodes will end up at Norwich that’s my bet.

fair enough. Norwich is good suggestion. maybe Ipswich aswell. 

32 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Personal opinion or from somewhere? If so, where?

my opinion based on them needing a striker. plus they were after him on deadline day last January

23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

agreed and we need more of striker with strength and pace who can score goals also

my opinion based on them needing a striker. plus they were after him on deadline day last January

Ah ok, the phrase if the numbers are right sounded like you had got it from elsewhere.

How do you know this rumour is true. Cant see that.

36 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I can't see Rhodes being loaned to a team who have no chance of signing him permanently. 

38 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Ah ok, the phrase if the numbers are right sounded like you had got it from elsewhere.

How do you know this rumour is true. Cant see that.

well Bolton were linked with him in January. 

If the numbers were right meant if Bolton could agree a deal in terms of loan fee and wages demands

26 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I can't see Rhodes being loaned to a team who have no chance of signing him permanently. 

The Daily Mirror is reporting Norwich are keen on a permanent deal