BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I disagree on Dack and him going at the end of the season. 

On the QPR situation, behind the scenes it seems a completed mess and no plan or long term strategy from the owners or Board or Director of football

But what were Vydra wages at Derby or now at Burnley? 

Plus how you know Brereton is kicking up a fuss to leave all because its not in public domain doesn't mean he happy there. would you be happy if you Boss want you out of your job?

Why leave a deal you been working on for 10 or 11 days? crazy. Better value elsewhere. Mowbray is looking at players who will be here for a number of years and not looking at players aged 29 or 30 but aged 24 or 25 on 3 or 4 year contracts

Competition for places and players get injured. How many games will Graham been fit to start or will he now start to be super sub player? 

We need a squad not just a good 13 or 14 players. 

If he continues as he did in league one at this level, and I have seen nothing to suggest he won't, we simply may not be able to hold on to him.  I am sure there are clubs just waiting to see how he handles the Championship.  I think we might start seeing him getting unsettled (yes tapped up) by January.

Finding myself wondering if we don't need a fox in the box, dare I say JR type.  Given the chances that have gone begging convert one more per game and we are.top of the league with max points.  Can't keep squandering at this level.  I kept fully expecting Hull to peg us back when we shiuld have been comfortable.  Still the other side of the coin is, do we even.create.thise chances if a JR type is playing.  Finding myself genuinely upbeat about this team, odd for me.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Finding myself wondering if we don't need a fox in the box, dare I say JR type.  Given the chances that have gone begging convert one more per game and we are.top of the league with max points.  Can't keep squandering at this level.  I kept fully expecting Hull to peg us back when we shiuld have been comfortable.  Still the other side of the coin is, do we even.create.thise chances if a JR type is playing.  Finding myself genuinely upbeat about this team, odd for me.

Armstrong is the nearest we have for that role. 

17 minutes ago, owenrilla said:

For anyone interested, Wil Trapp is playing for Columbus Crew live on Sky now.

Doesn't seem much of an improvement on Corry Evans tbh 

8 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Undoubtedly. Though I’m pretty sure that the squad we have now would finish mid table-ish. With a couple of signings we’d have to be looking at being in and around the playoffs.

I'd be cautious about this. We haven't faced any top clubs yet. Big challenges to come.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I don't think we have enough soldiers. 

Raya -  Only a lad 

Nyambe - Ditto, but could become one in the fullness of time.

Lenihan - Definitely a soldier. 

Mulgrew - Soldier in spirit but if the body keeps telling you that you aren't it's hard to argue.

Bell - Too early to say.

Bennett - Yep, he 's a soldier.

Smallwood - He's been a soldier but currently on leave.

Evans -  Could be one if he got his mad up, doesn't do it often though.

Palmer - Mm he looks to be a lover not a fighter to me.

Armstrong - Not a soldier physically but could be one in terms of effort.

Dack - I think he likes a scrap so I'll say yes there.

Graham - Same as Charlie Boy, he likes the physical side but his body keeps telling him to behave.

One of the reasons we got relegated was we were too easily pushed around. We're better in that respect now but I'd like to see another couple of  guys who like the physical side of the game brought in.

Watching the young guy we'll all talking about , he's a bit willowy yet and he doesn't knock people about but he's not frightened of a meaty challenge and he does use his size quite well.

We could send our scouts to the Invictus Games?!! :D

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

Eh?  Next to nothing?

Shearer had scored 44 goals for Southampton, (23 in the top flight), had scored on his England debut and had just been taken to the Euro 92 finals.

I think everyone is getting way too hung up about the potential fee for Brereton. Firstly a headline fee of £8m would have a very strong element of performance related add ons incorporated in I think you have to trust the manager's judgement on the player and if he turns out to be a success it wouldn't really matter whether the fee was 6m, 8m, 10m or 12m, we'd still be able to sell him  at a profit. 

It's a bit optimistic to hope that Brereton will be the next Shearer and we would be able to sell him for 5x the purchase price if required. However if he were to sign does as well as Jordan Rhodes for us and scores a goal every other game for 3 seasons and we can also sell him at a mark up it'd still be fairly happy days.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Think you can almost certainly file that along with the series of other people who get some sort of strange kick out of pretending to know information to get attention, the likes of which seem to sadly become more and more prevalent with each transfer window.

I'm certainly not convinced.

Screenshot_20180820-004516_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20180820-004502_Twitter.jpg

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Yes----fair call IF it happens. Still would like to see Chapman signed.

Spot on.

The general consensus was it was a poor permanent window and we haven't signed anyone yet. I still can't see any attraction for selling Clubs in letting players go on loans with a view although in Forests case with Brereton I suspect We're getting close to paying significantly over the odds for the privilege.

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Spot on.

The general consensus was it was a poor permanent window and we haven't signed anyone yet. I still can't see any attraction for selling Clubs in letting players go on loans with a view although in Forests case with Brereton I suspect We're getting close to paying significantly over the odds for the privilege.

It's not going to be a loan with a view though.People keep saying this.

It's an agreed deal,we will be obligated to complete the deal come January 1st.

It's a loan with an obligation to buy, a permanent transfer in all but name as the permanent window has shut. A loan with a view means either or both party's can pull out of the deal or change the terms of the deal.

15 minutes ago, islander200 said:

It's not going to be a loan with a view though.People keep saying this.

It's an agreed deal,we will be obligated to complete the deal come January 1st.

It's a loan with an obligation to buy, a permanent transfer in all but name as the permanent window has shut. A loan with a view means either or both party's can pull out of the deal or change the terms of the deal.

Semantics apart that's what I meant by "a loan with a view".

Still don't see the attraction from the selling Clubs point of view. Why not keep the player in the interim then  just strike an agreement to sell in January?

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Semantics apart that's what I meant by "a loan with a view".

Still don't see the attraction from the selling Clubs point of view. Why not keep the player in the interim then  just strike an agreement to sell in January?

Because he isn't going to play for Forest, how will he up his value if he isn't playing and why would Forest pay him a wage when they can get the deal done now for a price they won't better if he is not involved in their plans for the next 4 months ?

It could also be that they have someone lined up to come in on loan and waiting for Brereton to depart.

A loan with a view I couldn't understand, but this is just like a normal transfer, the selling team just has to wait till Jan 1st for payment 

1 hour ago, Auburn Rover said:

Would Jozy Altidore be a good player for us?

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Awful player

Obviously wasn't a hit in the Premier League, but he has been an absolute beast for TFC for a few seasons now (with some injury concerns of late). (I know, I know, it's only MLS...)

He's also a designated player earning the equivalent of £75,000/week, so one we can safely file away as not happening :)

• Moderation Lead

People keep saying the Brereton deal is a loan with a view to buy, but it seems like this is complete guesswork.....

(Unless this has been widely reported, if it is I apologise, of course!)