BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

• Moderation Lead

I don't think Rodwell is too bad of an option on a pay-as-you-play until the end of the season on low wages. He's obviously lost his way a bit and Mowbray seems to like a challenge.

Re his time at Sunderland- they signed him on a daft contract, it takes two to tango....

With all that being said, I wouldn't want him as our only signing!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Butty said:

You've been saying all summer you think Travis is good enough for the first team and should be given a chance? Don't change your tune just because he's now more than likely being loaned out. If you disagree with that decision and feel as though he should be playing/challenging for a starting berth then say that. You don't have too agree with everything the club does Chris mate.

Yes I believe he should been in the squad. But if he going to get push down the pecking order by Reed and others. Rothwell looked very good yesterday. If he isnt going to be playing much here no point him playing cup games and under 23's. 

Would I be signing Reed? No cos I would give Travis the nod. Smallwood been poor. Him and Evans could be the partnership.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Did you or did you not say we wouldn’t sign anyone over 30 and did you not have a go at people who suggested players of that age. Don’t plat the victim card again Chaddy. You’re the biggest culprit on here.

Firstly I never had a go at people for suggesting over 30 but said its the age bracket. So far this summer we havent been linked to a over 30 year old player. 

Ricky you come on and insult me every time. This is not playing a victim card but FACT!!! maybe try discussing transfers and stop getting personal with me. If you have an issue then put me on ignore please and I do the same. 

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Guess we Didn't learn much from the experience of bringing in Wes Brown on loan.

The thing with Brown though was that he was what 35-36 and looking for one last pay day to see out his career. Rodwell however is only 27 he will be looking to rebuild his career (Mowbray obviously believe that he is the man to that) and prove a point to people after a difficult few years.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Makes signing him even more pointless.

Finances are tight and we can't keep filling the squad with freeloaders who will contribute jack sh*t.

Caddis and Whitts are already taking up wages for nothing.

I'm not in disagreement just trying to provide at least some justification for what seems like a completely wasted signing

Tho people say rodwell has a very bad attitude people like Mulgrew/Bennett/Conway will not put up with his crap

Also the Sunderland situation as a club was toxic for everyone their here at rovers its a tight knitted group so its a total different environment for rodwell

If we do sign him i will give him a chance he cant be much worse than whittingham and smallwood 

Edited by Roboftherovers82

Just now, JeffRover said:

Reed is a poor signing if it’s just a loan with no option.

Why though?He played 39 times for Norwich in this league last year.

It would be better being a loan to buy but maybe he is a short term option until that Trapp or another player becomes available, or perhaps it's because Mowbray doesn't feel Davenport is ready yet but will be, or Rothwell needs to work on his discipline before he trusts him enough to play as 1 of the 2.

It could be a loan to buy anyway  but if just a season loan surely it would be better to have him as an option instead of Smallwood rather than not 

Just now, islander200 said:

Why though?He played 39 times for Norwich in this league last year.

It would be better being a loan to buy but maybe he is a short term option until that Trapp or another player becomes available, or perhaps it's because Mowbray doesn't feel Davenport is ready yet but will be, or Rothwell needs to work on his discipline before he trusts him enough to play as 1 of the 2.

It could be a loan to buy anyway  but if just a season loan surely it would be better to have him as an option instead of Smallwood rather than not 

I just don’t really like short term loans unless they are significantly better or different than what we’ve already got in the squad.

1 minute ago, JeffRover said:

I just don’t really like short term loans unless they are significantly better or different than what we’ve already got in the squad.

I can't disagree but I do think Reed would be much better than Smallwood although admittedly I didn't see much of Reed for Norwich but from reading up on it seems he did quite well

3 minutes ago, markhayhurst said:

Marcus Maddison on lone to Fleetwood as on brother James Twitter feed 

207AF588-16A6-4147-AB11-4EC166BAD167.png

That's hilarious...all the talk of prem clubs, top championship clubs all clamouring for him, chairman milking it on twitter....eeeeeeeh Fleetwood! Off you pop! ?

4 minutes ago, BigBar said:

That's hilarious...all the talk of prem clubs, top championship clubs all clamouring for him, chairman milking it on twitter....eeeeeeeh Fleetwood! Off you pop! ?

11 minutes ago, markhayhurst said:

Think people have got their wires crossed with that one..

Isn't that James Husband, hence the 'Hubby' tag. They played together at Norwich.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
16 minutes ago, markhayhurst said:

I suppose what's even more confusing is why he needed to announce it on the internet? If it's his 'big bro', surely he'd have his mobile number?

• Like 3

I actually think the Rodwell signing is the type of signing we should be looking at. Still young so different to the Murphy signing but a good pedigree but seems to have lost his way. If he wants to succeed and have a good career it’s his last chance really.

• Like 2

Remember when there were question marks over David Bentleys attitude at Arsenal. We signed him up and he was class. When you have the right manager in charge with the right attitude and a player who has been struggling with his attitude comes. It can do the world of good for his career, his life and the club.

If Mowbray decides to sign Rodwell I will afford him all my support. I don't know about anybody else. :tu:

• Like 3